The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Slim Price will soon be gone » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Good luck Slim, just contributed through Paypal.
Hope it helps!

Best,
Eirik
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
Master of Deception
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Master of Deception
I am terriably sorry to hear this, This has deeply touched me. As the motto goes "Magicians helping Magicians" and I will respond to it. I also respect my elders so I will definatly help out. I will run a magical event to raise money for you I have good links with magicians. Just P.M me and give me details on where to send the money.

My thoughs and prayers are with you.

Master of Deception.
The magic is in the magicians perfected performance.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
HI SLIM GOOD TO HERE THAT BIG AND SMALL ARE HELPING .......iT WAS MY INTENTION TO TRY AND HAVE EVERYONE TO HELP..
I did not mention any names just wanted my point to come across
and I am very happy this is happening ....
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Never have much cash to speak of but, I sent my rework of the classic:

Impromptu Blindfolded card routine. A three phase that's stripped down from the original Weigle/Thompson 4 phase routine. (properly credited of course) Use any deck and any real blindfold method.(let the specs pick the props, you don't need to see to do it) I removed the difficult card mechanics and made it easy to learn and perform.

(No Patter other than Thompson's opening but man if your blindfolded, working a deck of cards and you don't come up with tons of spontaniously funny patter there is something wrong right there.)

Its nice to be able to do a short card set under impossible circumstances. Hope folks like it. Works fine for me.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Blitzen
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of Blitzen
Who's collecting the tricks? I got one that I've been working on based off something I posted to Secret Sessions a while back that I'd like to submit. I'd also like to buy a copy when the ebook is ready.
Steve

Nevermind, I just saw the post in the private messages sections. I'll write up my modest contribution and send it shortly.
Steve
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1473 Posts

Profile of jstone
Hey guys!

So far, for the compilation book, I've received 8 tricks. I think if we get about 15 or 20 tricks, that should be good. I've also got an artist who will quickly and easily donate some killer art work for the project.

Thanks for all the contributions so far. Again, if you'd like to donate a trick to a book whose proceeds will help Slim and Krista, email the trick to [email]slim_krista@stonecoldmagic.com[/email]
Adam J
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Adam J
Slim,

I'm sorry to hear about this, but everyone knows you and Krista are going to come out on top Smile Since I'm younger, I'm not able to offer a place to stay, but I am going to be sending some money to your Paypal account. I'm also sending a trick in for that PDF.

I love the idea about the CD! I highly suggest you come out with some notes if you can, since I know almost everyone here at the Café would by them! Best of luck,

Adam

(I'll post again once I send the money)
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
The skills that you have used to help people in both the magic and sideshow community, could be used to help bump up your saving with some cash?
all the best
matt
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Slim,
I just tried to PM you but for some reason it returned back to me.... Just wanted to say that the "things" we discussed were sent out this morning to you. Post office say's that they should take 5 - 7 day's.

If I can be of any help or support my mail box is always open.
Bri
KN_Magic
View Profile
New user
UK
91 Posts

Profile of KN_Magic
Slim,

A small concern, but I wondered if this was any use.
Some companies do worldwide mail boxes (e.g. mailboxes etc). I don't know how much they charge, but perhaps this would be of use to you if you need to receive mail and can't get it dropped off at a friends house.

Kevin.
My candle burns at both ends; it will not last the night; but ah, my foes, and oh, my friends - it gives a lovely light!
Edna St. Vincent Millay
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1473 Posts

Profile of jstone
Hey everyone. I've received 9 effects so far (2 from myself), for the "help slim" book. I'm gonna wait a few more days to see if there are any more donations. Otherwise, I will go ahead and put everything together. Again, donated tricks for the book can be sent to slim_krista@stonecoldmagic.com
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
984 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Jeff - I'll send something tomorrow.

I'll also more than happily host it on one of my sites - either 'Magic Notes' or 'Underground Collective' - probably the latter - totally free of charge, all proceeds going to Slim.

I'll also add a 'Sales' counter to the page so everyone can track the progress of the project!

Sound good ? Mail me at jamie@underground-collective.com and we can discuss.

Regards,

Jamie.
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
We want to thank everyone for the help and the gifts. Real magic is in your hearts.
Slim & Krista
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
JStone: Just sent an rtf file. Hope you can open it as it is formated to use as is.
Thanks
Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1473 Posts

Profile of jstone
Quote:
On 2005-07-25 20:16, Doug Higley wrote:
JStone: Just sent an rtf file. Hope you can open it as it is formated to use as is.
Thanks
Doug

Doug,

Got it... Thanks... that makes ten effects, so I'm gonna start lacing it up, and I'll get my artist cracking on it ASAP...

Anyone who wants to continue donating effects, feel free to, but even if no one else contributes, we've got a decent book on our hands. Again, donated effects can be mailed to slim_krista@stonecoldmagic.com
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
For the record, our mail drop address after Aug 5th will be:

Slim Price C/O
Joyce Freeland
2426 Seneca Street _upper
Buffalo,New York
716-822-5937
Our Paypal account will follow us at
sanscan@4dcomm.com
sanscan@tds.net

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
JEFFC
View Profile
New user
RI
70 Posts

Profile of JEFFC
Slim,
Will you be in Rhode Island at all?
Jeff
acmp
View Profile
Elite user
Nottinghamshire
466 Posts

Profile of acmp
The cash is on it's way. It feels like a 'too small' gesture though, and yes I know that you are very greatful Slim.

I'm really looking forward to the book/CD/DVD/t-shirt being available so I can get them too.
acmp<><

"Well if I had one wish in this god forsaken world, kids
It'd be that your mistakes would be your own"
amerkle
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of amerkle
Bid-On-Magic.com is willing to help!

If anyone is interested, I can create a special category for Slim. If everyone lists 1 item in the "Help Slim" category and donates the profits, I think it would really help. This way, not only will you get rid of a piece of magic you are not currently using, you can get new magic yourself by bidding on other's items.

Listing your item is FREE and there are NO COMMISSIONS! Please email auctionmanager@bid-on-magic.com if anyone thinks this is a good idea.

Thanks,

Auction Manager
Bid-On-Magic.com
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Thanks, all! Some of you know my teaching of sideshow arts (and a little magic) had to do with opening our home. Now that (soon) we will be questing the country, Krista and I will be open to "house calls." We will continue to teach hands-on of all the sideshow arts. I think I will be selling professional fire-eating torches as well. Our mail drop address will be:
Slim Price C/O
Joyce Freeland
2426 Seneca St. Upper
Buffalo. New York
716-822-5937

Slim & Krista
sanscan@tds.net

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Slim Price will soon be gone » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL