The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » What do you do to pay for your card magic habit? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
JohnLamberti
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
420 Posts

Profile of JohnLamberti
Most of us aren't card professionals...heck even most card pros have other means of income. So what do you do to finance your endless cravings for bulk Bicycle decks and the like?

Me...I'm a television newscast director in Los Angeles. What do you do for a living?
dragonchaos91
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of dragonchaos91
I don't have an actual job. I spend birthday money, christmas money, and I do wash my parents cars for $10 each (thats with vacumming). Im usually asked like once a week so it builds. Hey if your a newscast director in LA where do you live. Just wanta know because I don't know of any magacian living close to me, or any shops for that reason. Im in thousand Oaks.
J Wessmiller
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
306 Posts

Profile of J Wessmiller
I nab shoplifters for retail stores. Dead time= practice the seconds!
be well,
JW
Think you know Erdnase? Take my quiz

http://wessmiller.blogspot.com
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
I have two jobs and I'm also studying. I aslo do magic on weekends.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1227 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
Magic isn't all that expensive if you belong to a club - there's always someone who picked up something that you'd like to look at.

I wonder what people think when they see us practicing our seconds? I mean it just looks like we're dealing out cards, then picking them up and dealing them again.

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
Alniner
View Profile
Loyal user
Burlington, ON, Canada
254 Posts

Profile of Alniner
I work in Sales for a computer security company. BorderWare Technologies.
Skål

--
Alan
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
I'm a magic demonstrator in a magic store. How's that for being a magic junkie!?
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Otis Day
View Profile
Regular user
Green Bay, WI
150 Posts

Profile of Otis Day
I'm a DJ on WIXX in Green Bay, WI and I make extra money Recording shows for Duluth, MN, Hibbing, MN and Tri Cities, WA. I also work at a Club on Saturday nights for money.
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
"What do you do to pay for your card magic habit?"

I... do card magic Smile
DustyDave
View Profile
New user
Santa Fe, New Mexico
44 Posts

Profile of DustyDave
I am an emergency room nurse for a living. I have an interesting group of co-workers to do magic for. Very skeptical, but fun loving people. Gotta get the humor angle in there to entertain them. By nature and neccesity some of them really aren't used to being fooled. They can really burn my hands when I'm working the cards.
Dusty Dave
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
So many, many things.

I'm a project management consultant, specializing in risk management; this means that I help my clients avoid cost overruns and schedule delays by anticipating what might happen in the future and preparing for it now. (If you know anyone at a company where they've had a project run over budget or behind schedule, please pass along my website, below.)

I teach courses in risk management at the University of California, Irvine, and expect to add courses in earned value project management and team building in the near future.

I teach courses in mathematics at California State University, Fullerton.

In two weeks I start teaching a review course for the Level I Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) exam, also at UCI.

I also perform professionally as a magician.
mc_magi
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
949 Posts

Profile of mc_magi
I gave up on buying and I'm haphazardly sitting with cards honing basic skills and coming up with my own tricks using my feeble brain Smile
at this rate, ill have a dvd's worth. - in a bout half a millenium xD
Cardguy52
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Cardguy52
I'm a news photographer for a tv station in Winnipeg.
brokin6
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
276 Posts

Profile of brokin6
I'm a police officer in chicago on a gang unit. I have taken to performing Ultimate three card monte to my arrestees joking that if they guess the card they can go free. They get a kick out of it and most of the time they don't mind the long processing procedure afterwards. Talk about a captive audience! They enjoy it though and I've kinda gotten a reputation with the gang members as being the "coolest cop" to get arrested by.
Why does coin magic make my head hurt!?!
Lukas
View Profile
Regular user
Plymouth, UK
169 Posts

Profile of Lukas
Just finished collage, and I am working part time in a supermarkt.

Lukas
Make the difficult look easy, and the easy beautiful.

President and Minutes Secretery of the Plymouth Magic Circle

www.topsecretmagic.co.uk
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
"Just finished collage, and I am working part time in a supermarkt."

Using that degree to the fullest Smile

j/k Smile

-daegs
Suave Dan
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
656 Posts

Profile of Suave Dan
I am a college student for 8 months of the year. I am studying New Media, with hopes to be a full time web designer and Flash developer

During the summer, I work as a part-time web designer.

CHEAP PLUG: I offer excellent rates for magicians wanting a website designed for them self. PM me if interested. END CHEAP PLUG.
KidCrenshaw
View Profile
Special user
USA
537 Posts

Profile of KidCrenshaw
Brokin6, my brother! I'm an officer in Buchanan County, Missouri. I know exactly what you mean, for some reason, when I show something to an arrestee - I don't know if it's the fact that I'm already in a position of authority - but the responses are awesome.

You guys would have all laughed your arses off the other day. We have a huge meth problem in Missouri, particularly in NW Missouri, my neck of the woods. We brought a guy in the other night for possesion of pre-cursors, and while we we waiting for the print machine to warm up, I did Re-Cap for him as just some frustrating thing that was happening to me. I made sure he could see me do a few "it's on the other end" phases, and once he was looking hard, I went through the routine. You should have seen this guys face when the pen was behind my ear, and then the cap was IN my ear. He lost it. Then I pulled it out of his shirt sleeve and you should have seen this guys face. I'm guessing he was going on his 3rd or 4th day up - I can't even imagine what was going through his head. Anyway, long story, but I thought a few of you would like it.

Much to my fiance's dismay, my magic is funded from my monthly paycheck.

P.S. If anyone else here gets paid monthly, and can give some advice, feel free. I'm going on 4 years now, and I still can't grasp the dang thing.
"Put your faith in Providence, but always cut the cards"
docelk
View Profile
Veteran user
St. Pete, FL
362 Posts

Profile of docelk
Orthopedic surgeon, helicopter pilot, writer, inventor, river boat gambler, stand up philosopher, Nappist
Life is a test. It is only a test. If this had been a real life, you would have been given further instructions on where to go, and what to do.
jkr
View Profile
Regular user
Mn
147 Posts

Profile of jkr
My full time job as a building HVAC/maintenance engineer pays the bills. The hobby is funded by teaching Martial Arts classes.

Jake
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » What do you do to pay for your card magic habit? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL