The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Close up dollar bill divination (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicman02
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of magicman02
Does anyone know a good method to do a close up dollar bill devination? I know there are some methods using a TT, (Richardson has one in Theatre of the Mind), but are there any other method where the switch is invisible?
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
The Richardson is the version I do when in a formal situation (and time permits). If your on the go just do a simple billet move with the bills. That or usage of a NW (Having them think of every other number for example.) Seems to work for me atleast. But to me Richardson's version is where the standard should be set, that or Tim Conover's version (if it was in print Smile ).

Scott
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2054 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
I'm a big fan of the Ted Lesley Teleport Envelope. They put the bill in the envelope, seal it, and later remove it themself. You never touch the bill, or the envelope after you hand it to them. Plus it can do many other things.

That said, I'm awaiting the Infinity Switch DVD with great anticipation.
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
Gabor
View Profile
Veteran user
Pécel, Hungary
367 Posts

Profile of Gabor
Quote:
On 2005-07-16 01:20, Quinn wrote:
I'm a big fan of the Ted Lesley Teleport Envelope. They put the bill in the envelope, seal it, and later remove it themself. You never touch the bill, or the envelope after you hand it to them. Plus it can do many other things.

That said, I'm awaiting the Infinity Switch DVD with great anticipation.

Yes, I agree. The Teleport Envelope itself is worth the price of the book.
"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright
giochi
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of giochi
Robertson, a member of this forum, has the best handling I have ever seen for this effect. I doubt he will ever tip it though.
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2005-07-16 13:40, giochi wrote:
Robertson, a memeber of this forum, has the best handling I have ever seen for this effect. I doubt he will ever tip it though.

Anyway you could share with us how it sets it apart from others? I'm guessing you have seen a few dollar divinations in your day (Hence the ever bolded, heh)

Scott
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Check out Banachek's "Lorayne's Buck", the ending of which is a dollar bill divination. Very easy, very practical.

It's on Vol 1 of his PSI Series DVD's.

Bob Cassidy also has versions in Compleat Principia Menta and Fundamentals.

Iain.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
The switch and reveal to a certain extent are easy enough but its the acutal performance Im after. I like the one Osterlind does on one of his DVDs. He combines dollar divination with a book test. I altered it a bit and give them a choice of two different books. Only have done it once but need to bring this one back into my strolling venues. Thanks Richard.....
Alexander Marsh
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1191 Posts

Profile of Alexander Marsh
I too use The Teleport Envelope, but as a bit of byplay before I devine the sereal number I have 4 other envelopes (with newspaper cut to size in) and demonstrate my ability to tell if someone is lieing to me or not, the number devination is a final 'kicker' so to speak. Goes down very well.
When done close up, as a Closer a few subtle suggestions about tiping often gets me a few quid on the side Smile
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Quote:
On 2005-08-29 03:28, Candini wrote:
The switch and reveal to a certain extent are easy enough but its the acutal performance Im after. I like the one Osterlind does on one of his DVDs. He combines dollar divination with a book test. I altered it a bit and give them a choice of two different books. Only have done it once but need to bring this one back into my strolling venues. Thanks Richard.....

Candini,

All I did was demonstrate effects from the literature, but I appreciate your "thank you" and glad that you are having success with it!

Richard
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Smile) And what a nice demonstration it was.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Close up dollar bill divination (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL