The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Can someone tell me what this trick involving a rope is? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

koji
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of koji
Description:

The magician has a piece of rope, about arms length. He does some things with the rope such as other tricks. And in the end, the rope's two ends are attached making a continuous length.

What other things can you do with ropes?
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
One name is Endless Rope, I am sure there are many others but that is what I know it as.

Rope tricks are endless, if you are a newbie, try looking for Jet-Jet AKA Zip-Zip and Rope through Neck AKA Grandma's Necklace.

One of my all time faves has always been linking ropes (a linking ring routine with ropes.)
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
thanos4182
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of thanos4182
Another great rope trick is Professors Nightmare. This is using ropes of three different lengths and making them all the same length, combining the ropes into one, and also restoring them to their original lengths. It is a great routine and not very hard to learn.
dchung
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
616 Posts

Profile of dchung
You can do tons of things with ropes: appearing and disappearing knots, cut and restored, changing lengths, and the list goes on.

If you like rope magic, pick up Abbott's Encyclopedia of Rope Tricks for Magicians.
IT's a Dover book, so cheap, but it's got tons of cool effects and a great place for you to start.

Cheers,
dchung
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Can someone tell me what this trick involving a rope is? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL