The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Looking for a levitation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
I'm looking for a levitation that can be incorporated into a play so a character floats up for a bit and then comes back down. This doesn't want to look like a magic trick -- no Asrahs, Agas, or flying carpets -- but more along the lines of the flying in Peter Pan, although it won't be that extensive.

Funny thing, we did Peter Pan a number of years ago, complete with three flying characters, and discovered that the cables weren't important to the audience at all. If they saw them, they saw them, and if they didn't, they didn't. They didn't look at the effect as a magic trick, but as part of a play.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any leads to published or commercial effects here. We have a full theatrical shop available, so building, welding, etc., are no problem. Thanks much.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Saydean
View Profile
Loyal user
Omaha,Nebraska
206 Posts

Profile of Saydean
Contact Den Dowhy at this board and buy the plans for the MPL ytou can build it in about 3 hours if you have a set up like described at your theater. Plus once you use it you'll find a thousand other ways to put it in other shows and FYI it can be used backstage to do a million things.
Dutch
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
You should also take note of the " quick and easy" connect and disconnect of the MPL levitation. Walk to a certain spot on stage, float and then walkaway instantly....not hookup or disconnect time required. Very smooth.

Best,

Tim
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Duhhhhhh!!!

Why didn't I think of that? I was looking at his Web site right after he introduced it... must be Sunday... my brain's gone for the weekend!

Thanks.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Looking for a levitation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL