The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What props and/or tricks do you always carry? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
G-Diddy
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of G-Diddy
Aside from the people who can do amazing things with just borrowed items, what do you carry with you all the time so that you can perform magic at a moment's notice?

I usually have two rubber bands for CMH, a TT, a coin with a sh***. Sometimes a deck of cards, but I don't perfom or practice everyday. So I wonder if it is practical.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Gary
eye guy
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of eye guy
I also always carry at least one magic "eyelusion" whenever I leave home.

Always a TT, a D-Lite tip, Pen thru Anything, a card for Card Warp (my version), another pen that appears to go into my eye! And perhaps a new one I'm working on!

I'll find someone to test it on— like card packet tricks or Invisible Zone (my version).

I think I will look for my coin sh***.

Bob Sly, The Eye Guy.
actorscotty
View Profile
Veteran user
wilmington nc
397 Posts

Profile of actorscotty
Well this varies with my mood, but I always have rubber bands in the pocket. Also Judy the Mouse is in the car. I know it's not magic, but it gets immediate attention.

A deck of cards for Card Warp and Immaculate Connection, Twisting the Aces, etc. I rarely ask anyone to "take a card" except as part of the other effects.

And when I remember, there is a Perfect Pen in the shirt pocket.
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Rubber bands, TT, REAL silver coins (no gimmicks), a deck of cards (no gimmicks).

:magicrabbit:
Daniel Faith
Doug Byrd
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
361 Posts

Profile of Doug Byrd
(2) TT's (with a mismade bill), deck of cards, rubberbands for CMH and Star Gazer.

Alien Invasion, Color Monte, Copper/Silver, 4 half dollars and a sh***.

John Kennedy's Dream Paddle (all this is carried in a waste bag)... and no, I don't put on a 30 minute show everywhere I go. Smile

Doug
"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"
Elwood
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of Elwood
I used to carry loads of stuff, but now I've cut it down to a TT, four coins and a sh*** with a copper silver coin, and some elastic bands. And a deck of cards.
Indyfan
View Profile
Regular user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
173 Posts

Profile of Indyfan
I carry quite a few, but if I had to just grab something in a hurry it would be my color changing knives, a folded up card with paperclip for "paperclipped" (aka *$&#!), and rubberbands.
Amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
sethbek
View Profile
Regular user
New York
161 Posts

Profile of sethbek
I just carry 4 half dollars, Cig through Coin and a ****ing Coin.
Smile Smile Smile
*poof*
Ellusionist
View Profile
New user
Texas
25 Posts

Profile of Ellusionist
I carry a deck of cards and if I bring a trick deck, I bring a regular deck that looks exactly the same (color, maker) so I can switch it out if someone asks. The way I switch is that I put the regular deck in my left pocket and the trick deck in the other. If they ask I just pull the regular out and let them see it.
ç h r ï § ç h æ f f è r
Craig Ousterling
View Profile
Special user
561 Posts

Profile of Craig Ousterling
I carry a 5" pocket magic wand. That seems to be the most important thing to me since I've gotten back into the swing of "magicianism."

Something about a magic wand (even a five inch little one) seems to command power.
Mr. Ed
View Profile
Veteran user
California
337 Posts

Profile of Mr. Ed
Let's see what I have on me right now. I am wearing a watch. I have a Bic pen with a black cap in my shirt pocket. I have 6 quarters, 2 nickels, 3 pennies, 3 dimes and I got gypped with a Singapore 20 cent piece (which is the same size as a nickel) all in my right pants pocket.

I always keep one half and one English penny in my wallet's coin pocket. I have a c/s coin in my left pants pocket.

I carry 2 rubberbands around my wallet. I have been told that if you keep rubberbands around your wallet that it is next to impossible for your wallet to be lifted without your knowing it. My wallet has never been stolen so it must be true.

I always have Kollasal Killer set up in my wallet.

One Dollar bill
Ten dollar bill
Twenty dollar bill

Let's brainstorm and figure out what I could do with all this.
He who laughs, lasts.
Timothy
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama, USA
175 Posts

Profile of Timothy
A TT, and 2 rubberbands. I bought Ammar's manuscript for Crazy Man's Handcuffs years ago, and have never been sorry. It never fails to blow people away!
-Magical Tim
Magical Tim's Magic Shows
[email]tim@magicaltim.com[/email]
"Magic is a vanishing art!"
Jay
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern New Jersey
395 Posts

Profile of Jay
Plastic packet:
Color Monte
Heads Up
B'Wave

Belt pack:
Regular deck
Ring and string
TT with rainbow streamer
regular rubber bands
Star Gazer bands
Rabbit in Hat silk and rabbit
Small Haunted Key, for fingertip effect

This may seem like I'm loaded down, but bear in mind that this takes up almost no space. I wear a small deck-sized belt pack which holds all of it, except for the one plastic packet that I keep in my shirt pocket. I can get to any of it rather quickly and naturally. I rotate things from time to time, but that's what I have pretty much all the time.

Jay Smile
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16916 Posts

Profile of joseph
Let's see, Stargazer is good for impromptu performance, and try Greg Wilson's Bic Pen, which is an excellent 5 phase routine. Mismade Bill always gets a reaction. Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
antonuccio
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
130 Posts

Profile of antonuccio
Jumping Gems is the prop I always carry with me. I developed a quick routine that never fails to astonish the onlookers. In my wallet I keep the Skinner's 3-Card Monte.
Regards
wildmind
View Profile
New user
New York
15 Posts

Profile of wildmind
Okay, I'm new to a lot of this, so what's a TT?
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
552 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
Lately I have been carrying Andy Levis' Sticky Situation with me all the time. I have to say this is truly an amazing and seemingly impromptu magic happening. Thanks Andy for this brilliant prop and idea.
CSStanton
View Profile
Loyal user
Suttons Bay, MI
228 Posts

Profile of CSStanton
Me— my back left pocket has a Jumbo Half, then a coin purse with 6 silver 1940's halfs, 2 Kennedy halfs, ****ing coin, magician's wax, 20 centavos and then, outside the purse, two silver dollars. They're for Sylvester Pitching and Coin-Thru-Hand/Cheek.

Cards, sometimes. Coins are easier to carry. I cry when I don't have my coins.
-Casey
JasonDean
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of JasonDean
I like to carry just a deck of cards, and a sharpie. that's just when I'm out and about.
---Jason Dean---
paul_m
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of paul_m
Wildmind— TT stands for t****-t**... Smile

Just to add my "going-out-commando-kit" to the list, I always take a t****-t**, Colour Monte in my wallet, and 2 elastic bands wrapped around Jeff McBride's "Gemmed" on my wrist, along with a regular deck of cards.

Just out of curiosity, I bought my "Gemmed" after the Jeff McBride lecture at the 2001 Blackpool convention. There were no instructions with it, and he only explained one routine with it during his lecture.

Does anyone else use this, and if so, what do you do with it? I know there are other moves and routines with it, and was wondering if maybe it would be worthwhile emailing Jeff to beg for/purchase them.

Paul
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What props and/or tricks do you always carry? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL