The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Anyone know good professional voiceovers? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Manitoba
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
I am looking for an introduction to my show, and preferrably want someone with a low deep voice. If anyone can direct me that would be great.

Evan
Doveman
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Doveman
One of my best friends is a pro. He did all my intros and such...
Check out his work at http://www.kobeaustin.net Tell him wade sent ya. Laterzzz
EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Manitoba
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
Checked out the site....not to be rude or anything, but it seems like hes trying to lower his voice. Not saying its really bad, but not really the deep, low, natural voice I am looking for.

Evan
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17585 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Doug Higley has a great voice! He also advertises on the Café'. Look in the Bizarre section. Click on the Shrunken Head! I think you want the Lion Point link, or just PM him directly.
Try lionpoint.com
GREAT VOICE!!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Sam Pearce
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
310 Posts

Profile of Sam Pearce
I would have to second Doug, he has a great voice, and it is also a great price, it can't be beat!
Currently, he is recording some intros for me, and said I sould have them by tomorrow, I'm sure they will be great, I can't wait!

Sam Pearce
amazingcarrington
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of amazingcarrington
Evan,
Depending on where you live, find out if there is a professional recording studio in your city.
Not the "Ma & Pa" variety in the basement. If there is such a pro studio, chances are good that voice-overs for local radio and television are recorded there or they can direct you to the
recording house that does handle that.
Call them and ask for a list of potential pros that meet the idea you have for your sound.
Be ready to pay top dollar. Good voice over people are in the union and will charge you a minimum hour's work no matter how short the intro.
Good luck.
EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Manitoba
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
Thanks for all the help guys, really appreciate it. Amazingcarrington, I have checked around the city for voiceovers but they want too much money for what they are looking for. I just checked out Mr. Higley's site and his voice is amazing! But before I make a final decision, I just want to see what other voices are out there.

Evan
RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
533 Posts

Profile of RSD
If you want the guy who does the voice for Global TV here in Canada PM me. He is a good friend of mine, and a good friend of magic.
Doveman
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Doveman
Kobe austin is the voice for a lot of the fox tv shows and so on. Deff a pro...

http://www.kobeaustin.net
wizardofsorts
View Profile
Special user
Chicago, IL
935 Posts

Profile of wizardofsorts
You could also contact your local AFTRA (american federation of television and radio artists) branch http://www.aftra.org. Most branchs put out discs of their talent for purusal.
Edd
Edd Fairman, Wizard of Sorts is a corporate magician available for your next trade show, hospitality suite, client luncheon, or company event. http://www.wizardofsorts.com
Sam Pearce
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
310 Posts

Profile of Sam Pearce
I got my voice-over work from Doug laast night, and let me say that is it great, very professional sounding and you get exactly what you want.
I'am very pleased!

Sam Pearce
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
I don't know any of the guys mentioned in the thread, so don't rule them out, but I would take Edd's advice and contact a local agency. You will be able to audition tapes of different artists and pick out the perfect one.

Thanks,
Richard
Paul Arthur
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of Paul Arthur
You can also try contacting local radio stations, as your favorite on-air talent will sometimes do independent work on the side.
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Evan, go to TM Century's site and take a look. They do custom stuff and do most of the radio drops across the country. They have sound bites you can listen to and check them out. They are great people to deal with. http://www.tmcentury.com/home.asp

Snidini
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2732 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello:

Doug Higley did an intro for me; he is outstanding and a pleasure to work with. He'll really go out of his way to give you exactly what you want.

Go with Doug.

Ron
Tony S
View Profile
Special user
New York
581 Posts

Profile of Tony S
Doug has also done work for me. I agree with everything Ron said. Doug is absolutely a pleasure to work with, a professional, and the price is right. You will not be disappointed with his work. Go with Doug.
We are all about as successful as we choose to be.

www.anthonysisti.com
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
I think the best of all time has to be Mr. James Earl Jones. Now, I´m thinking unless you have a lot of money to spend, your chances of getting him are slim. The key here is that people are actually going to audition for YOU, and not the other way around. I suggest you "shop around" and not make harsh desitions.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12001 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Doveman,

How much does your friend charge (simple intro)? PM me if you like.

Kind Regards,

Candini
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1957 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
I did the voice over work found on here:

http://216.69.182.50/baluk/video.html

It was actually a minor challenge to bring my voice level up a tad. Generally my microphone voice is rather deep compared to what is heard here.
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
NIce work there, Chris. Was bringing your voice up your choice, or Mark's?

Nick Fox

PS: If anyone wants a movie preview voice over, George DelHoyo is apparently "The Voice."
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Anyone know good professional voiceovers? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL