The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Stage Vanish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

asaklubs
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of asaklubs
Hello,
In short, I would like to vanish by means of a trap door, and using a cloth as cover (tossing it up or what not), the idea being that the cloth falls to the ground with nothing left. I find that I need slightly more time than just tossing up the cloth allows for. Ive messed around with makeshift body forms and supports, so that I can be gone before the magic happens, but so far I have come up empty handed. Any ideas/suggestions would really be appreciated. Thanks!
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Tyler_Magician
You could have an assistant or 2 hold up the curtain.
-Tyler
EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Winnipeg, MB
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
Why not a Dekolta chair? I am sure there are fake bodies out there than collapse with the falling of the curtain. Don't quote me on it.

Evan
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Two clips built into the corners of the cloth will act like clothespins to hold it up to strong black fishlines hanging from the ceiling. Does that give you enough ideas?
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
asaklubs
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of asaklubs
Hey guys thanks a lot for all the ideas, I'm sure I can work with all of them. I appreciate it all!
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Tyler_Magician
One idea with mine, if you want to perform surrounded, have bad angles, or whatever, you could make a round curtain, so only one assistant needs to hold it.
-Tyler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Stage Vanish (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL