The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Dancing cane balance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jizmagic
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Jizmagic
What's the best way to find the best balance point of a dancing cane? Do you have to keep drilling holes until you find the right spot?
May the magic be with you!
Pavel
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Pavel
The right spot is about 1/16 of an inch higher than a perfect balance point. It is better to make only one hole and make it perfect. of course it is very dificult to do right on the first time.. =)
"Truth without Magic does not exist" J.Faulz
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
I make the best dancing cane on the market.. (look at the Stevens web site for the Ultimate dancing cane..

I balance all the canes myself.. and when I find the center balance.. I move up one index finger higher (about a half inch) and melt a hole through the cane wiht a hot nail..

I think that 1/16 isn't enough.

After using and tossing away EVERY dancing cane on the market.. I finally decided to make my own.. and friends insisted that I sell them. I've sold about 400.. and they truely are the best ever made.. and they're only slightly heavier than 2 ounces!!!! There's no way to make one cheaper than you can buy them from Stevens.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
The guy who made mine took fiberglass tubing and formed it over a beveled brass form. Then he fine-balanced it with small pebbles of buckshot in the end cap until it was perfect. It's extremely lightweight. I have never found a better one on the market, so I'm glad I met this guy ...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Dancing cane balance (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL