The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Mind freak almost out of time (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

blazes816
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, Kansas
522 Posts

Profile of blazes816
He is doing an escape where he is trapped in a chamber inside a water tank. He needs to unlock two locks. One outside the chamber, One outside the tank. He has until 6:00 pm eastern time, until his air runs out. Anyone know how he does it?
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
Nope but show premiers tonight. I am making a bold prediction. I say by episode six (which would be the third showing since I believe A&E plans on showing two back to back per week) that parents groups from around the country will raise such a stink about the dangerous things he does that A&E will be flooded with letters. If the parents are smart and contact the sponsors, this could be a real short run.

Frank Tougas
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
I'm not so sure if the parents' groups out there can get this show off the air. It is being aired at 10 PM, I'm sure it has a rating that reflects its content, it is on cable, and I am almost certain that it will have a "do not try this at home" warning. If those parents are afraid of their children watching this, then they should just change the channel, or better yet; do something with their family (play a game together, etc). Look at shows like "J@cka$$" that managed to stay on the air, despite parental complaints and having kids recreate the stunts. I say the only thing that can kill this show is people's disinterest in Angel's style. He is quite extreme, so Many people who tune in for the first few episodes out of curiosity, may not be there after a few weeks. All that being said, I hope it stays on, becuase it is great coverage for our art to have a regularly airing show on TV.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
jfkkraemer
View Profile
Elite user
SoCal
481 Posts

Profile of jfkkraemer
Should be a very interesting show tonight. I can't wait to see the postings tomorow. Mindfreak is on a few different times tonight so make sure you check your A&E listings.
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
You may be right, NFox, unless of course some kid gets themselves killed. I'll be watchuing of cousre, I'm a magician and I want to see magic succeed on television and this may very well be the next generation of magic.

I know there are a lot of unsupervised kids 17 and under who pretty much watch what they want. I am not sure if the demographic they are seeking has much of an interest in magic per se. It is 9:00 Central time and there is no school in the summer.

I will of course be watching since I am addicted to magic. We will have to take a wait and see approach. Personally I don't enjoy reality television or performance art and both are incorporated into this series. Maybe he can pull it off or maybe the concept is a ticking time bomb for evey kid with a death wish.

Let's hope we won't be expected to duplicate some of this in order to qualify as a magician. Smile

Frank Tougas
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
I went by the park and saw him inside the case. Don't know the outcome. I am interested to know as well
Belief Manifests Reality.
Nebula CT: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517
Eric Dittelman
View Profile
Regular user
Astoria, NY
179 Posts

Profile of Eric Dittelman
Can anyone point me in the right direction of the levitation that Angel performs surrounded by spectators in his Mindfreak trailer? From the clip, it seems as though the camera gets a good look at every angle of the floating assistant. I'm sure we'll see more of it on tonight's special. The illusion is simply fantastic!

I also like the clip from the trailer of Criss getting hit by the car. Something seems right about that! (HA! only kidding)

-Eric D.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
If this show goes off the air it is because it isn't worth keeping on. Parent groups don't have too much say about basic cable. He is not marketing to kids at all with the promos, so he should be ok with "change the channel" and "monitor your kids tv intake".
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
Their will probably be a warning.. actually it would be funny if there was :O
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
Quote:
On 2005-07-20 15:44, Eric Dittelman wrote:
Can anyone point me in the right direction of the levitation that Angel performs surrounded by spectators in his Mindfreak trailer? From the clip, it seems as though the camera gets a good look at every angle of the floating assistant. I'm sure we'll see more of it on tonight's special. The illusion is simply fantastic!

I beleive that the levitation you are reffering to is custom made, just for Chriss, the show, and his particualr performing environment. He assembled an impressive group of people to creat his effects, so I would expect him to have many original/exclusive effects.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
darkleopard5
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
107 Posts

Profile of darkleopard5
Does any1 know how long this show is gonna be going til??
Mike Brezler
View Profile
Inner circle
Waynesboro, Pa.
1114 Posts

Profile of Mike Brezler
Darkleopard5,

Someone posted earlier that it was going to be 17 episodes.
Glenn Godsey
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Glenn Godsey
Quote:
On 2005-07-20 15:31, Frank Tougas wrote:

I will of course be watching since I am addicted to magic.

Frank Tougas

I WON'T be watching since I am addicted to magic Smile

Best regards,
Glenn Godsey
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
As far as A&E airing it at 10:00 PM, I have satellite and so I get it at 7:00 PM, as does many people with satellite here on the west coast. So watch your children.

And as far as 7:00 PM goes, the shows were still bad. But with the sun up...more like a bad afternoon movie. I'm with Glenn, I won't be watching.
Coram Deo
ChrisS
View Profile
New user
Cohoes, NY
56 Posts

Profile of ChrisS
I think it's 16 episodes and as of this past week-end, they repeated it Sat. from 4 - 5pm edt and Sun from 11am. - 12pm edt.

So much for the late time keeping it away from kids.

Chris S.
kidabra
View Profile
New user
Singapore
61 Posts

Profile of kidabra
Thanks for the schedule Chris. Can set my TV card to record it and keep them to watch again. Cool stuff.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
I still like the guy in the snakepit better. Not much difference.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
lane99
View Profile
Elite user
421 Posts

Profile of lane99
My turn to make a bold prediction: those that say the show will be cancelled are wrong. I predict it's going to be a big hit. Because it's fun and exciting. Although it does still tick me off that not only is he using fake audiences (I'm assuming) but he gets them to swear incessantly to show how "overwhelmed by the moment" they are (I'm refering to the guys who were standing next to the girl who got levitated in the park).

By the way, for those who say he's to extreme...have you seen the AandE version of the show? And you STILL think it's too extreme? Or you assuming the "MindFreak" on AandE is going to be the same as the MindFreak show I saw on the Space Channel? Because it's not. They have tamed it down quite a bit for AandE (which was to my pleasant surprise. He WAS too extreme for me on the Space Channel. But it's just about right on AandE).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Mind freak almost out of time (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL