The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Fernando Keops Vol 3 (Formal Review) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alejandro Peterson
View Profile
Elite user
México
408 Posts

Profile of Alejandro Peterson
Fernando Keops Volume 3 (Pure Magic) –
This DVD is focused on close up magic, really strong magic performed by a professional and charming magician, this DVD contains some extraordinary routines and some effects are close to look like real magic.

Chink to Chink with dices.
This effect is one of my favorites in this DVD, and one of Keops favorite too, is clean, direct and fantastic.
The magician removes 4 dices and a little box and places it on the table in square position, one of the dices inside their little box. The magician shows perfectly the empty hands and he asks to watch closely, subsequently covers with each hand a dice and when he raise the hands the 2 dices appear together, covers the other dices and the same thing occurs, at the end only remains the last dice in the box a three in other side, covers both corners with the hands and the last dice is transported. This effect is marvelous, super clean surely become one of your favourites too!
Impact 10/10
Difficult grade. Easy

Mambo aces. Great way to produce 4 aces, as opposed to other versions, the deck is shown in perfect order through ribbon spread and the aces appear one by one but face up in a fece down deck.
First production. The magician perform a couple of cuts at the table and the first ace appears face up.
The second ace appears very visual, the magician takes with each hand half of the deck and when approach them appears the second ace, third one the magician takes the half of the deck in each hand and perform a one hand fan with both hands, separate them and appears the third ace, the last one is produced with a couple of fancy cuts.
Impact. 9.5
Dificult grade. Intermediate

Presto switch. This effect recall me that that simple magic hits hard.
The magician comments that many people believe that the hand of the magician is quiker than the eye, takes two red cards in each hand with the faces meeting he blow and the cards are reversed. this trick is simple but good.
Impact. 7/10
Difficult grade. Easy

Coins Across. This is an amazing version of coins across, I have seen a large quantity of versions and this is one of the best, only 4 coins needed.
The magician shows four copper coins (English Pennies) on the table and places the four coins on his hand. Aproach the hands to the mouth to blow and shows that the first coin travel across, approaches again the hands to the mouth to blow and show the second coin travel again, the same with the 4 coins. It repeats again the effect but at the end when he try to cross the last coin all goes in reverse and the four coins appear in one hand.
Impact 9.5/10
Difficult grade Intermediate

Disappearing Coins. This version is charming, and very stunning. The magician use 4 coins, a purse and a magic wand. The magician shows the 4 coins and he comments that one of the coins is very special, he takes the magic wand and he indicates the special coin which places in the purse. The magician goes placing one by one the coins in the hand but with the magic stick touch these go disappearing, continuous removing the special coin of the purse and place the coin over the palm and the coin cross his hand, (looks very nice and convincing). Subsequently with the magic wand touch appears one by one the coins in the hand but fails to appear the last coin, for which recalls that the special coin should be in the purse, and really is found there.
Impact 9/10
Difficult grade intermediate

Spin Move.
This movement is amazing, versatile, looks natural and have many applications. Keops credited this sleight to Ramon Fuentes from Paraguay but also Keops improve the original sleight, it could be used as a colour change, double colour change, cards production on stage, ambitious card applications among others. This effect is extraordinary. The magician gives to select a card. and he intends to achieve that magically rise to the top, magician show the top card and ask if is the selected card, the answer is no, but the card is very similar (The spectator selection is the 2 of diamonds and al magician shows the 3 of diamonds). Just a pass over the three and it become a two of diamonds, great colour change.
Impact 9/10
Difficult grade Intermediate

Three ball transposition.
This in one of the Dai Vernon favourite effects and really looks great!.
The magician show 3 balls and a transparent cup, al at the begin the three balls are in the cup, the magician places the three balls one by one in the hand and reveal that the balls come across one by one to the other hand, later places again the 3 balls in the cup, placing one by one in the hand , but the last one is placed in the jacket pocket but magically reappears in the hand, the same one more time but at the end all 3 balls disappear and a gig ball appears.
Impact 8.5/10

Super Portable Hole-
Extraordinary effect of close up, very amusing and fooled my bad, The suspects utilizes a piece rediondo of black fabric of aprox 5 inches, and comments that the the piece with the technology but new of the world, is an ahujero portable, everything that touches disappears it. It places it on the table and a to a the currencies that throws al ahujero go disappearing, is very impressive, subsequently takes an invisible currency of the ahujero places it in the hand and al to open it is again visible, the same thing carries out with the other 2 currencies, al to repeat again the routine throws a to a the currencies inside the ahujero and again they disappear but al to try to appear them not Achieving and comments that I launch with a lot of force the currencies asi is that they remained inside the ahujero, raises the ahujero portable and really there are the currencies.
Impact 9.5/10

Mini20th Century. This effect is very simple, the magician opens a little box of matches and sample 2 pieces of yellow yarn of approx. 5 inches, he hitches the 2 pieces and he places them inside a small envelope, subsequently he removes a piece of red yarn from the jacket and places it in the hand, and this disappears appearing hitched to the yellow yarns inside the envelope.

Impact. 6/10
Difficult grade Easy

This DVD is very amazing, highly recommended.

Alejandro Peterson
Alejandro Peterson
View Profile
Elite user
México
408 Posts

I read again the portable hole review I wrote, and the traduction is very bad, I wrote the review in spanish and then I use a free online translator but it work very bad, sorry!
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
Alejandro thank you so much for your efforts!!! I will be picking these up this week. I'm very excited to get these dvds and the Ascanio book. Thanks again for your reviews.
Drive Carefully
Zedd
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

Profile of Zedd
Hi Alejandro!

Thank you for your reviews - I'll get my set soon ;-))

Regards,

Zedd
kidabra
View Profile
New user
Singapore
61 Posts

Profile of kidabra
Does any of the coins routine in this vol require an expanded ] ?
Alejandro Peterson
View Profile
Elite user
México
408 Posts

All you need is 4 English Pennies, all the coin routines are very strong,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Fernando Keops Vol 3 (Formal Review) (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL