The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Help with costume illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SteveReel
View Profile
New user
Leesburg, FL
76 Posts

Profile of SteveReel
I need to find something that will keep a long cloak stretched out as if being held up by my hand, for a seance hand effect. The effect I'm looking for is spreading the cloak out to arms length ( a sort of one armed batman pose) and the cloak being able to stay in that position, but then fold back down naturally when done. I'm having the cloak sewn from fairly lightweight materials.

I'm considering using some fairly thick electrical cable sewn into the front opening hem, any other ideas?

thanks,
World music and magic
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7390 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
What about a scissor type extension device? Like used to pick up things? Lazy Tongs.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
SteveReel
View Profile
New user
Leesburg, FL
76 Posts

Profile of SteveReel
Thanks Richard, I'll give that a try.
World music and magic
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17585 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I've been pondering using an appearing pole type device to do this for you.
Can you see how that would work?

Like the music on your site Steve. What gigs are comming up around Orlando Daytona area?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
SteveReel
View Profile
New user
Leesburg, FL
76 Posts

Profile of SteveReel
Sorry Slim King, been away for a while. We are mostly playing around Lake County as the Reels, but we are finishing up rehearsals for the new show (the SkyEarth Band), which will also feature some magic illusions. I'm sure we will get over near you in the next few months.

The appearing pole might work, I'm not sure if I can visualize it entirely. I'm thinking more along the lines of something that actually has joints to it, so it will fold back down naturally.
World music and magic
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17585 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I see what you are saying. Hope to see the band soon....and the new effect.
Thanks
Dave
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Help with costume illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL