The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » *****NLP***** (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17860 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Great Movie!
My cousin is a Useed Car Salesman....Boy, can they controll a conversation....But that doesn't mean that I don't see what they're doing.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
enigmax
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
115 Posts

Profile of enigmax
Spot on Dave!

When I played the Gentleman Caller in Glass Menagerie, the theatre payed for me to take several of those "always be closing" courses, the kind Jim would have signed up for in his relentless quest for self improvement. Many of Dale Carnegie's (How to Make friends and Influence People) precepts have been resurrected in NLP.
"To be on the wire is life, the rest is waiting"
Karl Wallenda
The Gentleman
View Profile
Regular user
SCOTCHLAND
102 Posts

Profile of The Gentleman
NLP does have good pieces of sound psychology in it's teachings, and asks people to question everything, except apparently NLP.
A lot of it is Self-fulfilling prophecy; it gives you the confidence to try talking in another manner, and your body-language reflects it. It's Self-fulfilling Prophecy like a lot of Scientologist stuff: We will measure the thetans in your body with this $10 doohicky we charge $1,000 for, and tell you that the EVIL ALIENS are seizing you up becuase you're not talking about your problems. You talk about the problems and AMAZINGLY the ALIENS GO AWAY, proving they were always there.

Or maybe people just feel more relaxed and better about themselves after getting things off their chests. Aliens are not the answer to everything.
roi_tau
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel
333 Posts

Profile of roi_tau
Before NLP was invented ,David Berglas had some great routines dealing with suggestion-a vital part of the nlp method.

If you can find his book(only 1000 copies) you can read the chapter dealign with that in his "Mind and Magic " show.

Have fun

Roi
hypnoman1
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of hypnoman1
Neuro Linguistic Programming is the meaning for NLP
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.
Joseph Dunninger
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27251 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2005-07-20 05:45, roi_tau wrote:...Any comments (on NLP) ...

As you seek the search function in the upper right menu at the top of this page you will notice the word "Search" below the words "Private Messages". Your inquisitiveness will guide you to try the function with keywords like NLP and Bandler.

Is there a part of NLP you would like anchored to your explorations of the moment?

Is there a part of you that wishes the magic of NLP could be used in conjuring?

Can you recall a time in your life before you discoverd the extensive writings and products of Kenton Knepper?

When you imagine a pink elephant at the door of your car, which way do your eyes move?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
Everything you can say about NLP is right
TJ
:)
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4177 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2005-07-22 06:46, The Gentleman wrote:
NLP does have good pieces of sound psychology in it's teachings, and asks people to question everything, except apparently NLP.

Loved it!!!

Quote:
On 2005-07-23 22:59, hypnoman1 wrote:
Neuro Linguistic Programming is the meaning for NLP

Thanks for popping in to explain hypnoman1. Incidentally, where have you been lately?
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Quote:
On 2005-07-20 10:56, RickDangerous wrote:
And Derren once said: "Bandler... he's a showman"

I could think of another descriptive...
or is that specified refferential index? Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » *****NLP***** (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL