The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » First illusions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
I want to start getting great illusions... street type preferably.. any help on which to get? ot to expensive though... please and thank you.
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Tyler_Magician
Be patient...
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
It's kinda hard recommending something when you haven't told us anything about your experience and skill level, the budget that you have, the types of effects you like performing or the actual environment you will be performing in. Just to say you want to be able to perform it "on the street" and that it should not be "too expensive" really doesn't tell us anything.

I'm not trying to be negative here, but some more information would be nice.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
Hey thanks buddy no problamo!
Ok I like sppoky effects like levitations etc... I dotn have a character really.... like I don't go gothic or anyhting like that... I don't want complete stage effects because I wont have a stage.... I would like really good illusions on the street. I have a job so I could get money but I don't wanan buy no $400 effect right yet. I like spooky illusions that give you that eerie feeling inside Smile

An illusion where you can like walk around with it... easy to travel... like you wear it or something... does that help? any ideas?
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Tyler_Magician
Quote:
On 2005-07-23 12:32, funny_gecko wrote:
An illusion where you can like walk around with it... easy to travel... like you wear it or something... does that help? any ideas?

Well, that would not be grand illusions now, would it? I think you are in the wrong forum.
-Tyler
funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
Oh forget it... lol
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Illusions as defined by magicians, involve other people, usually assistants, to make them happen. If you are working solo, you either have to have things happen to YOU (like the street levitation) or to a total stranger (like sword through neck). If you have assistants, you can do more adventurous things like make your assistant appear from under a cloth. Check out the street magic sections of the forum and don't be "disillusioned" by those who want to put "grand illusions" into a box and keep it all to themselves.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
Thanks a lot spellbinder.. you very knowledgable and wise Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » First illusions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL