We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Name that effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cataquet
View Profile
Veteran user
England
362 Posts

Profile of cataquet
I was recently working at a show with 6 other magicians. One of them was performing a routine that I didn't recognize. I don't exactly know the details of it other than it starts off as Professor's Nightmare (Equal-Unequal) and then becomes a linking ropes routine. It sounds interesting, but I've never heard of the routine. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Bye for now

Harold
Harold Cataquet
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3327 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Sorry but not to me. You may need to be a bit more descriptive.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
cataquet
View Profile
Veteran user
England
362 Posts

Profile of cataquet
Wish I could, but as I said, I didn't see the routine so I am only guessing ... That magician was working at the same time I was, and because I was going ropes, he asked me if I was doing professor's nightmare (I wasn't). He then briefly described what he was doing. Step by step, I THINK what he did was 3 unequal ropes to 3 equal ropes, then (putting one rope aside) 2 equal ropes to 1 equal rope. He tied that one long rope into a loop, and had the spectator tie the other one into a loop. He then linked the two loops (a la David Williamson's ring & rope routine). However, I don't know if that is exactly what he did. That's about as clear as I can be.
Harold Cataquet
phread
View Profile
Elite user
md
486 Posts

Profile of phread
Sounds like something daryl did only backwards...

dug
Deckless Wonder
phread
View Profile
Elite user
md
486 Posts

Profile of phread
Quote:
On 2005-07-22 15:54, phread wrote:
Sounds like something daryl did only backwards...

dug
Deckless Wonder
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Name that effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL