The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Eating nails. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Hello, just saw in my local TV, a guy can eat about half plate of 1/2" nails. I know he really swallow those nails. Sound crazy. Anybody hs idea about that??
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
There are reports of people doing this sort of thing, who, upon autopsy, are discovered to have a couple of pounds of metal in their stomachs. Over a certain size, it won't exit the stomach, and it doesn't dissolve very fast. I don't immediately recall where I've read this, but Ricky Jay seems a likely source, either Learned Pigs and Fireproof Women or Jay's Journal of Anomalies.

This is generally not a good idea. If, for example, they ever stick this guy in an MRI, which has a very strong magnetic field, he could tun into hamburger if any of the metal he has eaten is attracted by magnets.

While I am generally not a fan of card tricks, they are a lot easier on you than this act.

Yours,

Paul
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Thanks, I agreed with you......some people dare to do very stupid act just to be famous.....
TAIT
View Profile
Regular user
uk
142 Posts

Profile of TAIT
Hi his name is michel lotito he has eten a pc a bike a small airplane and a coffin and a lot more. and only be cut once and he has been eating metal and glass since 1959.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
I have seen this several times
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
That must be a "real magic"...;o)
TAIT
View Profile
Regular user
uk
142 Posts

Profile of TAIT
Her is a picture of him chewing on a pc http://www.antoranz.net/CURIOSA/ZBIOR4/C......tito.jpg
and you can read a small biography of him at http://michel-lotito.biography.ms/
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Hello tait, thanks for the info.
Martin Joseph
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Martin Joseph
Chapter 16 - 'Stones, Swords, Snakes and Other Entrees', of Learned Pigs and Fireproof Women discusses different items which performers have ingested in the name of entertainment in the past. Jay traces stone swallowers as far back as the beginning of the 11th century. He also notes that it was not unusual for 18th and 19th century conjurers to advertise on playbills that they swallow silverware. This however was the illusion of the piece, the only people to swallow tableware at the time were those with a bravado front attempting to out-do the performers.
Kind regards,
Martin Colclough.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
The Mutter Museum, in Philadelphia, has a couple of cabinets, with about 20 drawers, of objects that have been removed from people's stomachs and noses.

It's a very amazing place, for those of you who haven't been.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Cadabra
View Profile
New user
NYC
58 Posts

Profile of Cadabra
The Mütter Museum IS great...I haven' t been there in a few years but yeah Harley the display of swallowed objects is incredible. They include with the object all the gory details of how they removed it, the amount of puss present and whether the person lived or died. And it's not just paper clips and pen caps. There are many many objects in there that you just know were swallowed on a triple-dog-dare!
Ah, the memories.
-Albert
"It has always amazed and baffled me that audiences will wait patiently in line and pay good money to have the wits scared out of them." - William Castle

www.albertcadabra.com
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I also like the huge colon, and the lady whose body turned to soap (after she died).

But the item of honor is Chang & Eng's liver, just sitting in a pan, underneath a plaster cast of their bodies. You can see the autopsy incisions in the plaster.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Martin Joseph
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Martin Joseph
On the topic of strange museums, does anyone know the name of a museum in Edinburgh which is full of medical curiosities? I went as a child years ago and remember seeing the skin from the neck of Burke (of Burke and Hare) tanned and formed into a wallet. I assume this institute is somehow linked to the medical school.
Thanks,
Martin Colclough.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Eating nails. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL