The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Visiting San Antonio, TX for 6 weeks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1652 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
I'll be in San Antonio, TX from 25 July to 2 Sep.

Anything to do or see there magic or card-wise? Feel free to PM me.

Moderators: I realize this may not be the best area for this post, but since I'm primarily interested in card magic, I thought I'd put it here. Feel free to move it to anywhere you see fit.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
Mike Squires
View Profile
New user
Dallas
56 Posts

Profile of Mike Squires
Texas Association of Magicians convention (one of the biggest in the country) starts on Sep 2nd. It's worth the extra couple days. Everyone's invited! (www.taom.org)

Mike Squires
My New User status suggests that I've generally known when to keep my mouth shut.
10cardsdown
View Profile
Special user
Out There Somewhere
663 Posts

Profile of 10cardsdown
You need to look up Brad Henderson. Not sure exactly where he lives, but it's somewhere in that vacinity. If you can session with him, he's well worth spending time with. He's a true "sleeper" in the magic world! Smile
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
I know that there is a shop in the mall that all the trainees go too when they get out of BMT. It wasn't big, but it was all I could find when I graduated.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
captainkk
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of captainkk
I'm headed to San Antonio for a conference and was wondering if there were any magic shops in the area that I could hook up with or that anyone recommends.

I'm going to be there from Aug 8th to 11th,

thanks
ritty360
View Profile
Veteran user
McKinney, Texas
392 Posts

Profile of ritty360
Brad resides in Austin...about 1.5 hours North.
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
I just came from San Antonio the past weekend and as I was going around the RiverCenter mall I saw a magic shop. It's called Magic World. I looked around and saw some of the good stuff they were selling like Card College, Ammar and Daryl DVDs and VHS.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
kerpa
View Profile
Special user
Michael Miller
594 Posts

Profile of kerpa
The best place to go is JCR Magic. JCR Magic used to be near the River Walk, but has moved to a shopping center on Loop 410 (the US highway that encircles the city). Assuming you have a car, you can take I-10 heading "west" (really north), and take the west turn off onto 410. Summit shopping center is on the right, about 5 minutes after you turn onto 410. It is a very nice shop, not that big, but with some good, standard type merchandise. The owner is very knowledgeable, and there is often another magi or two around. I think the web site is http://www.jcrmagic.com.
Give them a call, and they can fill you in on the magic scene. I believe Brad Henderson performs once or twice a week at a family pizza restaurant.
I lived in San Antonio for 8 years (until '92) and still get there every few years on business. I like San Antonio, it's a great place. If you are at all into used books, there are some great used book stores around, too (including the Half Price book chain).
kerpa
a/k/a Michael Miller
Chicago area
Michael Miller
(Michael Merlin: original family --and stage-- name)
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2586 Posts

Profile of truthteller
I do not perform at a pizza place. Never have.

Brad Henderson
kerpa
View Profile
Special user
Michael Miller
594 Posts

Profile of kerpa
I looked up my old e-mails. Hopefully, you can check this while in San Antonio. Doug Gorman performs regularly at the Spaghetti Warehouse (at least he did last year). He mentioned to me in an e-mail from last year that Paul Mims does restaurant magic at Champs restaurant on IH10 near Heubner Road - last year it was from 6-8pm on Tuesdays.
kerpa
a/k/a Michael Miller
Chicago area
Michael Miller
(Michael Merlin: original family --and stage-- name)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Visiting San Antonio, TX for 6 weeks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL