The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Chaos from Prism (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
I have found many companies selling Bimetal disk type thermostats, but no company that actually distributes the bimetal disks. I'll assume that they would have to be purchased in some quantity to make a sale worth while to a company. Maybe some magic supplier can look into it.
PhilippO
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of PhilippO
Thanks for the input!!
I´ve been on holiday for one week - and I´m surprised by the number of posts!

Thanks again,
Philipp
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
Someone give a yell if the find the company to provide the disks maybe we can buy some as a group.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Give "American Science and Surplus" in Chicago a call, and then try "Axeman's" in Mineapolis- they both carried a lot of the Edmond scientific catalog for a long time, and it's possible they still have some in stock as I cannot see these little dohockies just flying off the shelves...

P.S. - Both of these stores is a crafty magician's wet dream of supplies, materials, and tools....

The cat is out of the bag now!

Cheers!
Gaddy
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
deanpickles
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of deanpickles
Did anyone ever have any luck on these? Finally reading The Blue Book now, and would love a handful!!!!
Grumpy_Panda
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Grumpy_Panda
I think I may have found a few places. If you want a bulk load (i.e a minimum of 1000) you may be able to organise a shipment from china via alibaba but that's if you are willing to plough $150 plus shipping into this so unless you have a few friends who may be interested maybe not the way to go. I did however manage to dig up a couple of sites selling small numbers albeit quite heavily marked up in price. They are: https://www.grand-illusions.com/jumping-......21139918 (there is a nice demonstration video on this one) or there is also here: https://www.materialsampleshop.com/produ......nap-disc I haven't tried either of these but hope it helps.

Matt
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2544 Posts

Profile of Chris K
From what I can tell, there are a few places that carry the bimetal discs. In terms of plastic, my son had these at his birthday party. My wife picked them up at party city so this is just an example link: https://www.windycitynovelties.com/rubbe......ack.html
deanpickles
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of deanpickles
Grumpy Panda, you’re an English gent!!! Thanks so much — a trio of greatly overpriced discs on their way!!! Thanks a lot!!!
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Curious how these perform when folks get them in hand. I’ve heard some of the recent discs don’t have quite the same power as older manufactured discs. Following this post!
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
deanpickles
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of deanpickles
I’ll let you know. I somewhat regret not buying the bulk order and distributing them here. But a small, cheaper order seemed wiser with magic live so near. Smile
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2544 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2019, illusioneer wrote:
Curious how these perform when folks get them in hand. I’ve heard some of the recent discs don’t have quite the same power as older manufactured discs. Following this post!

The ones my wife put in the goodie bags for my son's birthday parties shot up (no exaggeration) at least 6 feet. The bigger issue was the shorter time delay, it was only about 10 seconds at the very longest, closer to 5 seconds most of the time I think. Obviously, one could do the whole hot water treatment thing since they were rubber but then you have to balance time and strength. Again, I don't have a brand the wife bought them, but they were at party city.

-Lem
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2544 Posts

Profile of Chris K
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Chaos from Prism (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL