The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Business Book Recommendation! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Creative Coach
View Profile
Loyal user
Anderson, SC
294 Posts

Profile of Creative Coach
Check this out: The Relationship Edge In Business By Jerry Acuff with Wally Wood
Buy it and read it! You'll be glad you did!

Look for great books that will grow your business. Buy books and Audio CD's. Turn your car into an Audio University. Become a business expert. If you're a part-time entertainer the knowledge will also serve you on your regular job! If you're fulltime you ought to be reading at least 2 business books a week!

Until Next Time,
John Cooper
James Munton
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, TX
1199 Posts

Profile of James Munton
Blue Ocean Strategy: How to Create Uncon......relevant

I found this book very relevant - particularly the account of how a street performer/juggler reinvented the circus and created Cirque du Soleil!!! Some lessons for us all here!

It also avoids the cliches that plague so many biz books.

This could be an interesting thread. I look forward to reading more recommendations.

Best,
James
Creative Coach
View Profile
Loyal user
Anderson, SC
294 Posts

James,
Great recommendation! One I haven't read. I ordered it from Amazon.

I'm currently reading a small book titled, "The Little Guide to Your Well-Read Life" by Steve Leveen Excellent book on the value of reading!

Here's to a well-read life!
John Cooper
Scott Grimm
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
141 Posts

Profile of Scott Grimm
Try the "Gurilla Marketing" books. Especialy "Gurilla Marketing in 30 Days." You won't believe how helpful these are!
Faith is at the heart of all magic.
Creative Coach
View Profile
Loyal user
Anderson, SC
294 Posts

Another real winner: "Make Your Contacts Count" Ann Baber & Lynne Waymon. One of the best networking books I've read this yr!

"Guerrilla Marketing In 30 Days" Jay Conrad Levinson and Al Lautenslager is a good book. Some of it is "Business 101" but for the most part its good. Some will apply and some won't as with any of the Guerrilla books. Along these same lines I always recommend Paul & Sarah Edwards stuff especially "Getting Business To Come To You!" I love to reread these books.

To Your Success!
John Cooper

What are you listening to in your car & office? Are you playing the radio? You're wasting your time! Find some audiobooks that will grow your value to yourself, your family, the company you work for or with, and the people you come into contact with! Most adults go through life asleep! They do about 10% of what they could do. How about you? Are you asleep at the switch? Most adults never read a non-fiction book! Said but true! Don't go to your grave with your song still in you!

Currently listening to Jack Canfield "The Success Principles" Buy it and grow a little. Quit worrying about the lastest stupid trick and grow you! You, Your Family, And Your Banking Account will be glad you did!

To Your Success!
John Cooper
joshlondon
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of joshlondon
I think it's called "How To Be A Rain Maker." The author slips my mind, but it is great. Also, Joel Bauer's, "How To Persuade People Who Don't Want To Be Persuaded."
aussiemagic
View Profile
Special user
937 Posts

Profile of aussiemagic
Creative Coach,

I just ordered "The Relationship Edge In Business" By Jerry Acuff with Wally Wood, looks really good.

What audiobooks do you recommend?

Thanks

Simon
How to become a professional magician:
Click here
James Munton
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, TX
1199 Posts

Profile of James Munton
Currently listening to All Marketers Are Liars by Seth Godin.
Recommended.

Best,
James
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7409 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
The audio I started listening to this morning is "Whale Done!" by Ken Blanshard & friends.

You will also find an open copy of the classic, George Clasen's "The Richest Man in Babylon" close by my reading area.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
CSMTREE
View Profile
Veteran user
El Paso, Texas
315 Posts

Profile of CSMTREE
One of the best books I have ever read is "Goals" by Brian Tracy. I just finished the Success Principles and it's a real winner too. Good Luck!
"Freedom is the best Magic of all"
Creative Coach
View Profile
Loyal user
Anderson, SC
294 Posts

I recommend http://www.Audible.com Tell them Smilemaker1 sent you! The best deal going. Listening currently to "All Marketers Are Liars" & this month's editions of Brain Brew! This is a fantastic service. Just listened to Never Eat Alone. Fantastic!

All The Best!
John
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
I just picked up "The Magicians Emergency Toolkit"

It has good ideas, But *** since I have been on my honeymoon I dropped about 3 to 400 dollars on magic books. (information overload right now)
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7409 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I shared this tip on another thread a while back.

"The Success Principles", book by Jack Canfield.

Find it at your local bookstore. This book has a lot of stuff that I have read elsewhere (generally speaking, because I am pretty well-read with regards to business books), but it's just good to learn it again, in a different way, as long as it is authentic, and I trust and like the author.

Here is the website about Jack's new book: www.thesuccessprinciples.com

Regarding Jack Canfield's "The Success Principles": Just the first chapter about taking personal responsibility for your own life, is worth the book. Not playing the blame game. "You either allowed it, and created it." I will re-read it again and again, even though I already know this life truth. Some things need to be hammered into my head. Smile

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Business Book Recommendation! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL