We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » San Diego/ Oceanside? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Fanatic
View Profile
New user
Daytona Beach, Florida
12 Posts

Profile of Fanatic
Going to be in Cali August 12-22 to visit my brother. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can catch some good close up? Thank's
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I personally can't help you, but send an e-mail to Jeff Marcus. He is the I.B.M. territorial vice president for southern california. He also lives and works in San Diego. I sure he would be able to set you in the right direction...

Cliff

Jeff = alakazam@cox.net
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Fanatic
View Profile
New user
Daytona Beach, Florida
12 Posts

Profile of Fanatic
Thank you Cliff, I'll try that. Cheers
kerpa
View Profile
Special user
Michael Miller
594 Posts

Profile of kerpa
When you get the answer, could you post it here? I will be in San Diego in mid November.
kerpa
Michael Miller
(Michael Merlin: original family --and stage-- name)
Fanatic
View Profile
New user
Daytona Beach, Florida
12 Posts

Profile of Fanatic
Sure will.
Fanatic
View Profile
New user
Daytona Beach, Florida
12 Posts

Profile of Fanatic
No reply yet! Waiting patiently.
kerpa
View Profile
Special user
Michael Miller
594 Posts

Profile of kerpa
I will be in San Diego in November, so if you could post your experience once you've visited San Diego, I'd appreciate it!
kerpa
a/k/a Michael Miller
Chicago area
Michael Miller
(Michael Merlin: original family --and stage-- name)
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Wish I would have saw this thread earlier...

Anyway, places to see magic.

The Gathering Restaurant in Mission Hills has magic from Thursday to Sunday evening starting around 6:30.

Pizza Uno's in Fashion Valley and Chula Vista has magic on Friday and Saturday evening starting around 6:30. I believe Fashion Valley has magic Friday while Chula Vista has the same magician on Saturday. May want to call to make sure.

Corvette Diner in Hillcrest has a magician I believe on Wednesdays.

Magic Shops to browse.

Seaport Village is a nice tourist spot that includes a magic shop. The have very good hours but be prepared to deal with crowds. Also, they carry mostly novelty items with some magic. Their number is (619) 236-1556

A new shop that I just learned about today called Grand Magic Shop is located in South Escondido. More information concerning their shop can be seen at http://www.grandmagicshop.com

There is also a magic shop in Temecula called the Trick Shop. Temecula is a good 45-55 minute drive from downtown though.

Last but not least.

If you are over 21, I would recommend coming to Coronado Island more specifically "The Little Club". There you will find none other than legendary bar magician JC Wagner. He only works Saturdays from 11 am to about 6pm. Each Saturday a few of the "guys" go and session with the man himself. The drinks are cheap and the magic is fantastic. If there is only one thing you could do, this would be it.

If all else fails, go ahead and shoot me an email and I can get a few guys together if you are interested.

Syd Segal
btl6380@aol.com
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
Fanatic
View Profile
New user
Daytona Beach, Florida
12 Posts

Profile of Fanatic
Man, I was right near Coronado too! Oh well, I will be going back sometime in 2006. I look forward to checking out JC's chops. Thank's Syd, for the info. I will drop you a line when I'm coming back, the first drinks on me. Mike
WDavis
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of WDavis
An old post, but is the information about the little club still hold true? I've been looking for magicians/mentalist group here in san diego. Guess I shall try tomorrow and find out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » San Diego/ Oceanside? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL