We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Vector ESP Shapes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kozai
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of kozai
Does anyone know where to find vector based ESP symbol drawings? Any format is ok. Thanks for any tips!

I also looked for these and did not come across any. For those who do not know what a vector graphic is, basically it is a graphic that can be resized any amount (even billboard size) and never lose quality. Think of it like a font on the computer, these can be printed in any size and never look worse.

The reason I ask is because this would allow anyone using a laser printer or inkjet to create lots of professional looking ESP symbol props from note card size to full page to bigger. I could think of quite a few uses for something like this, one that I came up with and really liked was the use of the printed circle or square shape combined with a c. tear... making these props cheaply and easily you could carry many "O" cards/papers etc. and after doing an effect with the 5 symbols have a perfect reason to have people write inside of this and does not make a spectator question why they are doing so.

My question is this, if I were to make these symbols in vector format would anyone be interested in purchasing a set of these files? I feel like there is a lack of really well made art that magicians can print and use and would like to expand some of my design skills in filling this area. I would likely include "warped" versions as well so that additional slips could be printed and the thought of symbol as printed would visually change (many methods to allow for this, but I think of the amazement that a printed item visually warping would give to a spectator)... if anyone else would like to brainstorm on these kind of ideas or would have an interest in purchasing this kind of material, please let me know here or in PM. Thanks!
sleightly
View Profile
Elite user
New Hampshire
500 Posts

Profile of sleightly
I created the following font for Harry Lorayne's Himber Wallet book... You're welcome to it.

It is a PC PostScript font, zipped down.

http://www.absomagic.com/ESP_____.zip

The characters are 1 = Circle, 2 = Cross, 3 = Wavy lines... well, you get the idea!

Enjoy...

Andrew
kozai
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of kozai
Thank you! this is exactly what I was looking for!
Hill
View Profile
Inner circle
1165 Posts

Profile of Hill
Thank you so much Andrew!

Posted: Jul 27, 2005 5:15am
--------------------------------------------
Quick question - how does one install this font? Sorry if I seem a little silly asking this. windows is telling me tht it is not a valid font file.

Posted: Jul 27, 2005 5:23am
--------------------------------------------
Its okay guys - I have got it installed after a little tinkering around - many thanks.
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1474 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Andrew:

Are these "public domain?" Can we use them with no restrictions?

I've been looking for something like this for years (literally).

Thank yu very much!

Ben Blau
graemesd
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of graemesd
David hpw did you manage it
sleightly
View Profile
Elite user
New Hampshire
500 Posts

Profile of sleightly
You're welcome folks...

Just a quick note: this font is *not* public domain. It is a font I created by reproducing Dr. J.B. Rhine's original artwork. I posted the font for the express use of those individuals who could derive benefit from it (no restrictions except for resale). It will only be available for a limited time. That being said, I believe the source images to be in the public domain.

UPDATE: I just created a TrueType version of the font and included it in the Zip file. This is available for a limited time here:

http://www.absomagic.com/ESP_____.zip

I have also created MAC versions in both Postscript and TrueType versions. Can't vouch for these as I do not own a Mac (I'll try to get someone to test them for me tomorrow).

They are available for download here:

http://www.absomagic.com/ESP$
http://www.absomagic.com/ESP.Suit$

To install the Postscript font in Windows XP, click START - Settings - Control Panel and click on Fonts. To install, you can click n' drag the font file into the directory or click FILE - Install new font and browse to the location of the existing font file. For earlier versions of Windows, you will need to install Adobe Type Manager (which can be purchased or may be available free on one of many Adobe products you already own, check online as well).

Have fun, in appreciation, please send me copies of any artwork you produce with this font, always interested inseeing others work!

Andrew
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1004 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Mac links did not work, one was html giberish the other was a page could not be found page. The Tiff file on the first download however does lode into mac osX font book. just to let you know, Stuart
Belief Manifests Reality.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100014859756312
Palm Star Zodiac Divination System: https://palmstarzodiac.blogspot.com/
graemesd
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of graemesd
.ttf no problems
thanks
AngeJudor
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of AngeJudor
Thanks a lot for those fonts sleightly, it was also what I searched for !

Thanks again,

Ange.
sleightly
View Profile
Elite user
New Hampshire
500 Posts

Profile of sleightly
Updated link for Mac suitcase file:

http://www.absomagic.com/ESP.suit$

My error.

Glad to know the PC TTF version can load into Mac OSX...

Enjoy...

Andrew
SteeleFusion
View Profile
Regular user
Glasgow, Scotland
106 Posts

Profile of SteeleFusion
Finally.......

Every mentalists dream font

Craig
Craig Steele : MindFusion

www.Craig-Steele.co.uk
kozai
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of kozai
I also found this freeware font which works great... it's based off of the card characters on bikes. I used it in an effect that (kind of surprisingly) absolutely floored my friend last night... I used the font to make up a giant 8.5x11 "copy" of a card as a prediction. I guess the care taken to make the prediction and size of the revelation is what caused such a great reaction? Last night was a test run at this, but as follows is what I think would be a great way to perform it.

In my version, based off an idea from 22 Blows to the Head, the spec shuffles the deck which is placed back in the box and handed back to them to hold on to. They are then go ask the bartender if they have something for (their name here) which they indeed do. The spec brings back the tightly folded piece of paper. The spec then removes and cuts the cards and selects a half to deal into 3 piles. The spec then selects one pile and turns it over seeing one card... opening the prediction page they see the giant version of the card predicted is the same as the one selected.

Last night I was told it was "the best card trick ever" and was even asked to sign the page... perhaps they were being nice, but the look on their face was priceless. While opening the page that first sight of the giant 3 got the classic "NFW" response leading to them opening the page even faster. I myself was floored at the reaction!

If anyone wants a copy of the giant card for printing that I made just send me a PM with an email address, it's super high quality at 8"x10" vector image in PDF format and meant to be printed full size on a laser or high quality ink jet.

Would love to hear ideas the rest of you come up with with either of these fonts.

Download the font here:
http://members.aol.com/fontner/cardchars.html
Maddened
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of Maddened
Just wondering if there are any more place where I can get card fonts like the type that Kozai mentioned. The link doesn't work anymore. Would appreciate any help. Thanks!
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
738 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Wizzard
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Wizzard
If you would like to print your own Zener cards try this link.
http://www.mdani.demon.co.uk/para/zener.htm

Wizzard
It's never the wand, it's always the magician
Maddened
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of Maddened
Thanks a lot for the links guys! Very useful. Cheers! Smile
JohnCressman
View Profile
Special user
Allentown, PA
903 Posts

Profile of JohnCressman
Good stuff! Thanks! That's TTF will defiantely come in handy!
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Most of the "common shapes" in the drawing tools found in excell and word have all but the three wavy lines (substitute triangle is an option) they are scalable, and easily placed.
k
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Vector ESP Shapes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL