The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Precognition Deck by: Chris Kenworthey (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2947 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Just saw this ad in Magic Magazine Nov. 2002
(2 page spread) in brief: Deck is handed to spectator and told to think of any of the 52 cards( free choice) Magi states that he has removed a card earlier as a prediction. Spectator keeps the deck and counts through the cards. There are 51 cards and the thought of card is gone. Magi reaches into back pocket and removes one and only one card, it is the thought of card. It also states that the Magi never need to touch the cards ever to make mentally selected card vanish. No R/S-adhesive-short cards.
Any Thoughts???
David Paul
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
Dr Mage
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
332 Posts

Profile of Dr Mage
A GREAT version of this effect is described in Ted Lesley's "Paramiracles" book.

It is an old effect the Ted has honed to quite a nice routine. I highly recommend his book.
What is the color of magic?
jhostler
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of jhostler
Sounds like a version of Eddie Joseph's Premonition w/ a 26 deck. If so, and you don't know Premonition or the 26 concept, it's worth looking at.
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1264 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
A 2 page ad in Genii? Sounds good! Is it? This ain't yo mamma's "Premonition".

Steve H Smile Smile Smile
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2279 Posts

Profile of Logan
Sounds excellent...but somehow I feel there's a little 'something' that they 'missed out' of the description...they always do, and for good reason too, but I hate it when they do that! Smile

Logan Smile
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Mahlstrom
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Mahlstrom
I would be very surprised if *any* card out of 52 can be shown missing in the deck.
(Unless one is willing to have the spec handle a whole deck of trick cards:-).

Check out Premonition before you buy.

-Mahlstrom
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2046 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
It does sound a little too good. I'd wait for a demo clip.

Quinn
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
gibby357
View Profile
Veteran user
The Woodlands, TX
343 Posts

Profile of gibby357
I think they left out that the end of the effect as you stated it, is the best case scenario. There is undoubtedly a second ending, shall we say "a little less devastating." Would you all agree?

gibby Smile
jhostler
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of jhostler
I think the obvious is escaping us: Think of any card. Queen of Hearts? No, let's try something a bit less obvious...
kermitthefrog
View Profile
Regular user
France
128 Posts

Profile of kermitthefrog
Quote:
On 2002-10-23 12:19, davidpaul$ wrote:
Just saw this ad in Magic Magazine Nov. 2002
(2 page spread) in brief: Deck is handed to spectator and told to think of any of the 52 cards( free choice) Magi states that he has removed a card earlier as a prediction. Spectator KEEPS the deck and counts through the cards. There are 51 cards and the thought of card is gone. Magi reaches into back pocket and removes one and only one card, it is the thought of card. It also states that the Magi never need to touch the cards ever to make mentally selected card vanish. No R/S-adhesive-short cards.
Any Thoughts ???
David Paul

I am constrained to point out that this isn't *quite* what the ad says. It reads: "the deck the spectator has been holding all along is removed from its case. No switch of cards or decks take place and as mentioned no cards ever are added or taken away. The spectator himself counts the cards..." Notice the passive tense: "the deck...is removed." Presumably this is done by the magician, and there is some action at this point; otherwise it would say "THE SPECTATOR REMOVES THE DECK..." etc. Every omission in an ad like this must be presumed significant, since the author obviously is trying to emphasize every strong point as explicitly as possible.

That said, it sounds like a good effect and I'm looking forward to hearing about it once someone has had a chance to check it out.
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
Does anybody actually have this effect to comment? So far it all seems to be speculation stated as fact, which is more than a little misleading.

--Andy
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
jhostler
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of jhostler
The suspense is killing me! Can anyone yet offer a review? Premonition is one of my favorite effects. (The original *may* be out of print; those of you unfamiliar w/ the basic premise can check out a rather butchered version in the July '87 Linking Ring Parade. Just don't look at anything else - it's a bit embarrassing.)
Skitch
View Profile
Veteran user
Philadelphia
400 Posts

Profile of Skitch
When will this effect be out to buy?
§kitch
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
558 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
Quote:
On 2002-10-23 12:38, Dr Mage wrote:
A GREAT version of this effect is described in Ted Lesley's "Paramiracles" book.

It is an old effect the Ted has honed to quite a nice routine. I highly recommend his book.

Also on the new Ted Lesley DVD Volume one.
The effect is called Pro-monition.
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Quote:
Does anybody actually have this effect to comment? So far it all seems to be speculation stated as fact, which is more than a little misleading

Well stated, Andy. I am surprised that so many comment without really having anything behind them to substanstiate their comments. Be brave (or foolish) enough to buy the item. Then you, too, can establish your own review.

BTW, I have spent tons of money on things that weren't "as advertised". I saw the ad, but I cannot comment on the product.

Regards,

Paul Green Smile Smile Smile
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1104 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
I ordered one and received a post card from Chris stating that he expected delivery of the decks from the manufacturer the first or second week of November. He promised to send immediately by first class mail.

I'll keep y'all posted...

Bob
longbeach
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Ont
141 Posts

Profile of longbeach
Hey Bob, where did you order the deck from?
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1104 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
Please see my review in Penny for your thoughts.

Get the deck directly from Chris. See the ad in Magic.

Bob
charliemagic
View Profile
Special user
542 Posts

Profile of charliemagic
I have this deck..great effect but..
the add saying 'no sleights' is not really true..To do the effect as stated there is a sleight but it will go un- noticed due to the great misdirection.
Another suggested outcome uses no sleight but another gimmicked deck.
Overall..in a nutshell..GREAT EFFECT!!!
jonnymaxx
View Profile
New user
New York
49 Posts

Profile of jonnymaxx
I been trying to get this effect but my deal keeps selling out.
I Love Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Precognition Deck by: Chris Kenworthey (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.36 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL