The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » marvey card » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Gryphon
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Gryphon
Can anyone tell me where to find or how Peter marvey does his open-hand productions?
Kallak
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Kallak
I guess it depends on whether you're talking about his "open" fingers, or his no bs "fingers as wide as he can get them" open-hand productions.
Hengky Ciptanegara
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
389 Posts

Profile of Hengky Ciptanegara
Gryphon,

I thought that everyone in this board doesn't know what technique or gimmick that Peter used when he produce the card while he could showed his fingers wide apart.

He have fooled a lot of magician with that effect. No wonder he become FISM Champion.

I'm really sure that he did not use his "manipulation card" when he openly showed his finger apart before he produce the cards.

Hengky
***Kev***
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of ***Kev***
Corrects me if I am wrong,
But he didn't use his manip cards at all in his routine.
I saw red bees
I dont blame him not using his own cards they are garbage. Smile
G-Diddy
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of G-Diddy
They looked like Bee cards to me also.
He uses a special gimmick.
***Kev***
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of ***Kev***
I have made my own method of the open finger productions, its quite angley but it goes the trick!
Smile Smile Smile
Kallak
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Kallak
can you PM me any specifics Kev or are you taking it to your grave Smile

not out to get free moves from you, but I'd love to hear more about it.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I know of a card production that allows open fingers shown without gimmicked cards. It's in one of Lewis Ganson's Routine Maniputlation books. I'll look it up and get back to you.
Jim in LA
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
WizzBE
View Profile
New user
Belgium
7 Posts

Profile of WizzBE
Does nobody in this forum knows what technique Marvey uses for "the fingers as wide as he can get them" open-hand productions?
Does he uses a gimmick or not?
Paulie
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Paulie
If you watch his WGM III performance and slow it down to frame by frame you can see him releasing the gimmick he used along with the final card he produced.
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
Paulie,
Good eyes. It's a kind of card catcher, but it's one he must have made for himself, because nothing like it is on the market to the best of my knowledge. I'm hoping he puts it on the market himself one of these days.

Sable
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
Paulie
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Paulie
Sable,
How many different types of card catchers are out there. I have never used one before so I don't really even know how they work. Could you please explain. I also have seen automatic card fan productions, does this gimmick work the sdame way?

Paulie
thanos4182
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of thanos4182
The thing to expect if Marvey puts something like this on the market is an inflated price. Just check out is levitation boots or his card through window. In my opinion everything attached to the Marvey name seems to be overpriced.
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
I agree, this is would be very expensive. I made a gimmick like this. It works really well. it's made out of a ring, popcicle stick and about 6 cards. I don't think he is that great. He just won because of his little gimmick. As far as his routine goes i thought it was put together really bad. There, is also a lot of things the Laymen crowd knows how it is down. The card castle save him in my veiw. Smile
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
I'll gladly talk with any dedicated card manipulators about the catcher, or anything else in a PM, but I can't say any more on the open forum. Smile

Sable
jlareau
View Profile
Loyal user
Henrietta NY / Chicago Ill
220 Posts

Profile of jlareau
In my opinion card catchers are not worth it. I tried using them for a while but I find that when you use them your hand motions are not allowed to be as smooth and gracefull, which in my opinion, is a VERY important part of productions.

-Just a thought

Jon Smile
Jonathan Lareau A.K.A "Jonny Card Trick"
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Feel free to check out my website www.jonlareau.com
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
I saw Marvey few years back and his manipulation act was far better in live than on tv. And he didn´t won FISM! He was second! There was no first price. I asked him about his gimmick but he denied its excistance and changed subject.
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
I guess I can't blame him. If I had a secret like that, I'd keep it to myself as well. Smile

Sable
WizzBE
View Profile
New user
Belgium
7 Posts

Profile of WizzBE
Where can I buy a card catcher?
DeadRinger
View Profile
New user
long island
55 Posts

Profile of DeadRinger
WizzBE-
card catchers are great for stage but if you want to do clean card productions take the time to learn the sleights
*POOF*
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » marvey card » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL