The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Illusion Plans (rewriting) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RandomEffects
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
323 Posts

Profile of RandomEffects
Hello all,
I have recently picked up plans for a subtrunk and zig-zag lady illusions on E-bay. I am working on completely rewriting them to include Materials and Parts list, as well as step by step instructions for all levels of builders. The original design had a few flaws that just did not seem to work very well. I am also hoping to create a collection of plans set up this way.
SO this leads me to ask two questions to all of you:

1) If anyone has seen these plans do you know who the author is? There was no name or copywright on them and the seller claimed that they were purchased from some magician at a fair. However I would like too make sure that credit is given to this person.

2) Since the Sub trunk is a fairly old illusion is there a copywright on the illusion itself, or just on each creaters design? Is there a public domain law on the idea of each illusion?

3)If anyone has plans for illusions that ARE NOT copywrighted and would like to help me out with this project please contact me. I really hope that we can bring these illusions to performers that might not have felt that they had the ability to create them. or if you have any Questions or Comments ...well post em here. Smile
SpiffnikHopkins
View Profile
Regular user
Washington DC
135 Posts

Profile of SpiffnikHopkins
Great idea dude. I'd definatly be interested!

~Spiff
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2479 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
RandomEffects,

as I recall, someone put out a sub-trunk plan which included a list of materials, dimensions, etc. The add for these plans ran in magic magazines for several months some time ago. Of course, this would require looking through (at least) year-old mags. Just a fyi.

s
kennewhitson
View Profile
New user
Kansas
69 Posts

Profile of kennewhitson
I would be interested if these are available.
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
The Zig-Zag has been and always will be under the Copyright of Robert Harbin. There are hundreds of thread from Pete, myself and others on how this effect got STOLEN and is presented WRONG.
motivationalmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
179 Posts

Profile of motivationalmagic
Wow, Matthew, what a wonderful, wonderful idea! I've been in the same boat, where you buy plans, and being a novice I have no idea what I'm looking at. I feel they don't really classify as "plans" because of such things. If if you go into other fields, and purchase plans, it is more commonplace that these other items are always included in the plans.

I just took a cabinet making class, and all of that was included with the plans we used.

I'd love to obtain or purchase a copy of your revised set of plans when you are done!

Rich
Motivational Magic
"The Magician on a Mission to Motivate"
www.MotivationalMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Illusion Plans (rewriting) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL