The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » YOUR OPINION PLEASE (a few dvds) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

enigmaticmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle
313 Posts

Profile of enigmaticmagic
Wow. I'm really stuck here. I was looking at some material and I was really intrested in purchasing. but cant decide what ... I'm either going to get,. I'm mainly a strolling magician. keep that in mind. and I mainly work with cards. bu perhaps I should add somthing else to my repitouir. right now there are ten items in my repitour, 8 of wich are cards. and two of those are openers...)

BRAINSTORM. (the card magic of john (insert last name here) vol. 1 and 2)
OR
visibil,slow burn,and ghost bills...

but I'm not sure what to get.what is your suggestion
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1028 Posts

Profile of in flames
Brainstorm hands down. A lot of different effects. All very visual, plus John is an amazing performer to watch.
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2211 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Brainstorm without a doubt!
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
milamber
View Profile
Regular user
So. Cal
128 Posts

Profile of milamber
I agree. Brainstorm is great.
By the way, you may want to purchase these directly from John Guastaferro's website...
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3742 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Brainstorm is the best set of magic dvd to come along in years in my oppinion. Very creative and fun to watch. These get my highest recommendation without a doubt.
Matt Bartz
View Profile
Loyal user
Gilbert, Arizona
253 Posts

Profile of Matt Bartz
Based on the options you listed, I will concur and recommend Brainstorm. John G's got some really fun stuff on there. I would also recommend buying from John's website, http://www.johngstudio.com --I think that's the site. I think he even has a combo deal on the dvds and his lecture notes.
Alejandro Peterson
View Profile
Elite user
México
408 Posts

Profile of Alejandro Peterson
I agree with Matt Bartz because the lecture notes from John Guastaferro are amazing too, go with John´s Set is a must have!!
enigmaticmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle
313 Posts

Profile of enigmaticmagic
What gaffs will I need to perform all the effects in this? doulble facers? double backs? blank? can you just list everything please. I would like to get it all at once
JohnG
View Profile
V.I.P.
367 Posts

Profile of JohnG
Here's a breakdown of the extras needed for all the effects on the BRAINSTORM DVDs. About half the tricks can be done with nothing more than a regular deck. The rest require something extra. Here's the breakdown:

BRAINSTORM - VOLUME ONE

1. Ballet Cut – regular deck

2. Fairy Take Frogs – a few blank-faced cards and blank-backed cards; 3 frog stickers (I found mine at a craft store) and a ittle toy frog.

3. Troubleshooter – regular deck and one odd-backed card.

4. Lost & Found – clear plastic card holder. I include this free with DVD purchases made through my website. I also have 4-packs available on my site.

5. Color Blind - regular deck

6. Palm Reader - regular deck

7. Club Sandwich - regular deck

8. Double Monte - regular deck

9. No Jokers Allowed - regular deck

10. Detour – regular deck and one blank-faced card.

11. Tidal Wave Aces – a regular deck and four extra aces from an odd-backed deck

VOLUME TWO
1. Party Animal – regular deck and one card from a Budweiser deck (you only need the Bud card for the kicker - not completely necessary).

2. Clairvoyance – regular deck

3 & 4. Intuition and Out of the Blue – four red-backed aces and four blue-backed Queens

5. Snowball Aces – a blank-backed deck, four aces and one blank facer

6. Tailspin - regular deck

7. Synergy - regular deck

8. Bizarre Prequel - regular deck and one card from a different deck

9. Jazz Fusion - regular deck and four blank facers onto which you’ve simply drawn four question marks with a red sharpie

10. Gemini Prediction - blank-faced deck, four indifferent cards and five business cards.
John Guastaferro

Facebook fan page: www.facebook.com/MagicJohnG
Twitter: twitter.com/johngmagic
YouTube: www.youtube.com/johngmagic
Email: johnGmagic@mac.com
JohnG
View Profile
V.I.P.
367 Posts

Profile of JohnG
FYI - Here's the breakdown for items needed for my new SECOND STORM lecture notes. Most of these effects are imprompu and require nothing more than a standard deck of cards.

1) TEETER TOTTER ACES - regular deck

2) FAIR TRADE - regular deck

3) JOKERS TO GO - regular deck

4) THE STRESS TEST - regular deck plus a stress test card (included free with notes at my website)

5) HERE, THERE & EVERYWHERE - regular deck

6) TURNING THE TABLES - regular deck

7) THE BOX ILLUSION - regular deck and card box

8) GOOGLY EYES - regular deck

9) ULTIMATE FATE - regular deck (stacked)

10) TIME WILL TELL - regular deck

11) DOUBLE TROUBLE - regular deck

12) TRICYCLE CARDS - 4 playing cards (one is gaffed

13) CONSTELLATION - regular deck and some business cards

14) SILKWORM - 2 sponge balls, silk, thumb tip

Hope you find this info useful.
John G.
John Guastaferro

Dirko
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
294 Posts

Profile of Dirko
Brainstorm is the best option but I would also look into slowburn. I think slowburn is great!!!!
Dr. JK
View Profile
Special user
Greenville, South Carolina
912 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
I don't know anything about the other effects, but Ghost Bills is a great penetration-type effect from Andrew Mayne. DVDs, videos, and books usually present a better value for the money, and it seems that the DVD set you're looking at is a good one (from what everyone has said). But, if you're really looking for a good penetration-type effect, Ghost Bills is great for strolling, close-up, parlor, whatever. There's more information about it if you do a search here on the Café.
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.psychiccpa.com
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3298 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
A lot of good stuff on Brainstorm
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Will Gordon
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas
124 Posts

Profile of Will Gordon
I have seen Ghost Bills and Slow Burn but not Brainstorm yet. So far my vote would be for Ghost Bills. It can be performed very up close and without any gimmicks.
JohnG
View Profile
V.I.P.
367 Posts

Profile of JohnG
Fo clarification, Brainstorm is a 2 DVD set of card magic only. I'm not sure how Brainstorm got "mixed up" in a comparison with money/bills effects. I believe the original poster just wanted advice where he could get the most bang for his buck. Other than that, it seems like apples and oranges to compare the two.
John Guastaferro

still_ill
View Profile
Loyal user
florida
201 Posts

Profile of still_ill
I liked both chost bills and slow burn...but brainstorm is a better deal and there's way more material on it
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » YOUR OPINION PLEASE (a few dvds) (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL