The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Skeleton Key. The Movie (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
Just saw the ads for this new movie called "The Skeleton Key".

http://www.tribute.ca/synopsis.asp?m_id=9466

This should be a great source of inspiration for those of us who like to work with the "Haunted Key". Looking forward to seeing this one.

Cheers,

José.
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17671 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Look's very Spooky! Where did that background music come from?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
a-spirit
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of a-spirit
Can't wait for this one. It looks very cool.
siborgotron
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of siborgotron
Seen the trailers...out here this weekend...my kinda movie!
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1161 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Don't forget the "Brother's Grimm" which looks even better.

Jerry

It would help if I gave the link to the trailers, huh?

http://www.miramax.com/thebrothersgrimm/

Jerry

PS stay away from the HD version unless you have a super computer.
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Both movies looks fantastic, I'll definetely see Skeleton Key. And possibly The brothers grimm.

Scott
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Now that's some sweet timing. That movie's due out soon, and Halloween is about 85 days away, where the movie should still be in recent memory, yet have enough time for maximum exposure. A boon to using the haunted key indeed !
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1420 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
"Now that's some sweet timing. That movie's due out soon, and Halloween is about 85 days away, where the movie should still be in recent memory, yet have enough time for maximum exposure. A boon to using the haunted key indeed !"

That's right Paul, Hollywood has usually in the past released movies like these well after Halloween. But this gives ample time to introduce bizarre and seance effects well in advance to coincide with the mindset and atmosphere generated by these films, ("Skeleton Key and The Brother's Grimm"). I look forward to many inspired ideas and creative responses to these stories and their portrayals.
John
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17671 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Yea!!!! I'ts a Bizarrist's Dream Come True......I just got a Monkey's Paw and a Shrunken Head. Not quite the "Dark Museum" but it's a start. I got the audio tapes of Monkey's Paw too. It's going to be a scary night!
Just found out about Universals Halloween Horror Nights....Where are all the Bizarre performers? We're dying for them!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1420 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Read the reviews on this (Skeleton Key),today and they looked mixed. But that is from the critics reviews on Yahoo movies section. Has anyone here seen this yet, and what are your opinons and feedback ? It may be good or not, depending on what you enjoy from a film like this. I have feeling that it can be a good boost for the Haunted Key effect and the new Spooky Key. I'll take a look this week.

John
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3485 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
I saw the movie two days ago. I was disappointed a bit in the story line. Is a bit of a puzzle/mystery but no great thriller. Has a surprising turn of events at the conclusion. I think the writing could have been better and the ending should have been extended a few more minutes and changed for believability.

No nudity except a brief rear/side view and I don't recall much foul language. Not much blood and gore either. Uusual for such a film.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Khopri
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, TX
237 Posts

Profile of Khopri
Well at the very least it works well for tying in the haunted key.

And don't forget Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - isn't there an effect that uses a goblet of fire in it?

Its a magicians year, boys and girls. Smile
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17671 Posts

Profile of Slim King
My room mate suggested against seeing the movie even though I can go for $4. I'll probably go some day after a few more reviews here on the Café'...
Thanks
Dave
Magickman
View Profile
Elite user
St.Petersburg, Fl.
402 Posts

Profile of Magickman
I really enjoyed the movie, its not a blockbuster but I give it a good rating.
All characters seem to be pretty believeable. Pay attention to what people say!
If you like the old voodoo movies then this one is right up your alley! It is NOT a horror flick filled with guts and gore, its a smart haunting story with a twilight zone feel to it.

Magickman
What man knows he calls Science
What he has yet to learn he calls Magick
Both are real!

_Tony Andruzzi_
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1161 Posts

Profile of Jerry
I am a BIG fan of "this old dark house" type of movies, is this what "Skeleton Key" is?

Jerry
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3485 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
I did not find a hospice nurse picking a lock with a hairpin very realistic.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1420 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
"I did not find a hospice nurse picking a lock with a hairpin very realistic."

All right that does it. Now I'm Not going to see this film ! Smile

A hospice nurse, (an RN) picking a lock with a hairpin. Doesn't sound too far fetched to me. Aren't there several (Nurses) here on the Café ? But then we are talking about a hollwood movie, right ? Hmmmm.

"I saw the movie two days ago. I was disappointed a bit in the story line. Is a bit of a puzzle/mystery but no great thriller. Has a surprising turn of events at the conclusion. I think the writing could have been better and the ending should have been extended a few more minutes and changed for believability.

No nudity except a brief rear/side view and I don't recall much foul language. Not much blood and gore either. Uusual for such a film."

Now that's a fair review ! So was Magickman's, by the way. Ok, maybe I will go see this. Smile
lol

Peace
John
spook
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
150 Posts

Profile of spook
More than a few RN's have been busted for picking the lock on a pharmacy cabinet...
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Quote:

That does it: considering Kate Hudson is in it but there's no real nudity, I don't wanna see it either .. she's cute/hot - what a waste of beauty ! Smile Smile

Just kiddin' ! - well, not about her being cute and hot and all, just about the not wanting to see it.

I don't really go to the movies anymore expecting to see good writing, it's all been replaced with specialFX. Yeah I know.. that doesn't make sense, tell me about it.

In any case, the real benefit of the movie will be the attention given to magic, hoodoo, and skeleton keys. I don't really care whether or not I see it.

Slim, what a coincidence - about 3 weeks ago, on eBay, I bought a cheapo shrunken head and a set of blister making monkey paws. I'm hoping I can fix up the el cheapo shrunken head a bit with some paint or something, but right now I can't see paying too much for the more authentic looking ones, but they are there: they usually sell for around $35-$90 each, depending, and some are made with goatskin. In fact, some of them even claim they're made by the actual Jivaro tribes that make (made?) the real thing. I put them in one of my "Walmart special" boxes for storage, though I don't know if I was planning on keeping them there for anything.
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1420 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Just saw this tonight and can say that it wasn't bad at all. Yes it was very Twilight Zone like at the end but in a good way because it had a very "bizarre" twist. It was well produced, directed, acted and shot. The best part of the show was not even in the movie. But down a few rows in front of me where there were about eight, 14 yr. old girls. Who squealed and screamed genuinely at just about every "fright" scene in the film. They had an amusing affect on the rest of the audience, who also often responded with them in like manner.
The mood of this picture was skillfully crafted. There was no excess of violence and or the usual horror schlock. The principal of "less is more" played extremely well into the plot. Which in itself was very rich with story and history. It was a psychological thriller and a supernatural one as well. Though it very nicely held out on the supernateral aspect, until those moments were ripe. There was no shortage on a sense of menace throughout the movie. The acting was well done and the feeling of suspense it provided was not contrived. The ending left for a creepy atmosphere of ongoing spooky and nightmarish possibilities, especially for bizarre and seance entertainers who go to see this film. The audience at tonight's showing was not disappointed and to be quite honest, I wasn't either. This is the kind of material that bizarre magick is spun out of. Check it out, and enjoy.

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Skeleton Key. The Movie (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL