The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Green Magic Dvds (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Imagication
View Profile
New user
Brunei Darussalam
52 Posts

Profile of Imagication
Hi guys.

I would kindly like to know your views on the Green Magic Dvds by Lennart Green which also includes:

1-The moves that you ALWAYS use,
2-Your favourites, (1 & 2 can be related)
3-The moves that you find most difficult to do but cool looking,
4-The ones that you think are very deceptive and good,
5-The moves you think that are 'not-so-good', and
6-You favourite volume out of all.

You may also add more views that you would like to share.
Thanks a bunch.
-Jess.
Imagication
View Profile
New user
Brunei Darussalam
52 Posts

Profile of Imagication
I assume not many have knowledge in this Dvd. Oh, and I forgot to give out the detail for which I myself don't have these Dvds. I simply ask for my knowledge before I decide in making my purchase. It seems lennart teaches a lot of 'tools' of which I'd like know the difficulty in doing them.

So, any help guys...?
I very much appreciate it.
-Jess.
Shikina
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
255 Posts

Profile of Shikina
For what its worth, I too would love to hear some responses to the question being posed by Imagication (sorry that I don't have any to give Smile There seems to be a sense in which other magicians lionize Lennart Green, but yet I always come away from these discussions feeling like his material is probably unsuitable for anybody but Lennart. Could somebody clarify the degree to which other magicians like myself and Imagication could actually improve as magicians by learning the moves and routines taught in Mr. Green's dvds? In other words, will I ever perform any of this stuff, or is this another one of those "even if you never perform a single trick, you'll be thrilled with the THINKING that went into the blah blah blah"?
Richard Shippy
View Profile
Special user
Scottsdale, Arizona
510 Posts

Profile of Richard Shippy
Volume 1 is excellent just to see Green's FISM act. I highly recommend watching volume 1 just to appreciate Lennart's style and talent with a deck of playing cards. It is such a great routine.

Take care,
Rich
"They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they'd make up their minds." ~ Winston Churchill
Imagication
View Profile
New user
Brunei Darussalam
52 Posts

Profile of Imagication
Thanks Richard. Actually I have already been recommended by some people.

I know a lot of you might go into recommending these Dvds, but lets stick to my questions, unless hundreds more honestly recommend these by all of them posting here, I'm still not 100% sure.

Unless money is of no concern to me, then, I wouldn't have created this thread.

Therefore, I would just like to proceed by giving a million thanks in advance to those who would like to contribute and share their insights.

Sorry for the trouble folks.
-Jess.
Richard Shippy
View Profile
Special user
Scottsdale, Arizona
510 Posts

Profile of Richard Shippy
1-The moves that you ALWAYS use
Real Green False Shuffle
Top Shot
Angle Seperation

All three of the one's listed above since I use them all the time but I'd like to include the snap deal and lateral palm. I don't use the snap deal and lateral palm often yet they are great. The snap deal looks amazing.

I found the Top Shot to be very difficult and is very cool looking.

In Lennart's hands everything looks deceptive and all are good.

5-The moves you think that are 'not-so-good', and
I think all the moves are good and fit Lennart's performing style. If I had the time I'd love to learn all of the moves. I selected the slights I liked best and the one's which best fit my own performing situations. Then I used my time to master these. As time passes I may end up using more of Lennart's slights.

I have all 7 volumes (which includes Green Lite) and my favorite volumes are number 1, 4, and number 5.
I love number 1 for his FISM act.
Number 4 for the false shuffles.
Number 5 for the false cuts.

I learned something from all 7 volumes yet the most from volumes 1, 4, and 5, in that order. I use Lennart's Top Shot all the time as well as his false shuffles which I picked up from his DVDs. However, you can learn Lennart Green's Angle Seperation from Card College.

Since I primarily enjoy card magic these videos were very entertaining to me.

Hopefully, this information is helpful

Kind regards,
Rich
"They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they'd make up their minds." ~ Winston Churchill
kaigan
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of kaigan
1-The moves that you ALWAYS use,
The thing I use most often is probably the False Angle Riffle Shuffle, but things that I have used somewhat frequently and will continue to use are a few of the Snap Deal effects and Angle Separation.

Snap Deal, great stuff. It's a very versatile move.

I think it's called either the windmill move or windmill arc move or something like that... It looks like you put a card into the middle of a tabled deck, square it while it's still tabled, yet you've controlled the card to the top, or 2nd, or wherever. I can't get the hang of it, but I like watching it. Also, the Top Shot and Real Green Shuffle.

A lot of his shuffles and cuts, especially the False Rosetta Shuffle, False Angle Riffle Shuffle, and Real Green Shuffle.

5-The moves you think that are 'not-so-good',
I think Vol 1 could have done without the series of "now pull _____ out of the dribbled deck" chapters: a card, a shoe, a bottle of booze? I guess as long as someone gets use out of it, it was worth it...

My favorite would probably be Vol 1, since you get to watch his FISM performance as well as get a ton of teaching material. The most useful is Vol 6, in my opinion... Or maybe the Vol 1 / Vol 6 combo, since some of the things in Vol 6 are additions to previously taught material.

You may also add more views that you would like to share.
The first time I used the Snap Deal in "the real world", it was part of a multiple card location at the end of my routine. I had 10 spectators, they all chose a card, and for one revelation, I was supposed to show X's card but ask if it was Y's card. When they told me I had X's card, I snap dealt the card onto the table, changing it to Y's card and transporting the other card to the middle of the deck. It's a change taught on Vol 1 and/or Vol 6. I was very nervous about using the Snap Deal for an actual audience, because I know it's a pretty angly sleight, but I pulled it off just fine - so well, in fact, that nobody noticed the card had changed. Everyone instead was watching me for the next cue on where to look for the next revelation, and I had to bring their attention to the tabled card. The spectator whose card it was flinched as if someone punched him HARD in the chest, and swore up and down that he saw the first card on the table, not his card. I couldn't complain that it got such great reactions, but deep down I was "upset" that such a very visual change went unnoticed Smile

HB
Imagication
View Profile
New user
Brunei Darussalam
52 Posts

Profile of Imagication
Thanks guys, those have already helped me alot.

Hmmm... I was actually surprised that the snap deal didn't come under the most difficult but cool looking question, I heard it's difficult to do, but instead it's angly, eh?
-Jess.
bond_jmesbond007
View Profile
New user
India
70 Posts

Profile of bond_jmesbond007
I have just bought the dvds and gone throught only the first volume. Lennart looks awsome in his act. I have managed to master the Top Shot act and the Snap Change.

I feel that his teaching styles is not very detailed. He just shows you the moves and you have to figure out the rest. This is a sad part, unlike the other videos like Daryl's Encyclopedia of Card Sleights.

Warm regards,
Ugesh Sarcar
bond_jmesbond007
View Profile
New user
India
70 Posts

Profile of bond_jmesbond007
I have just bought the dvds and gone throught only the first volume. Lennart looks awsome in his act. I have managed to master the Top Shot act and the Snap Change.

I feel that his teaching styles is not very detailed. He just shows you the moves and you have to figure out the rest. This is a sad part, unlike the other videos like Daryl's Encyclopedia of Card Sleights.

Warm regards,
Ugesh Sarcar
Imagication
View Profile
New user
Brunei Darussalam
52 Posts

Profile of Imagication
Around how long did it take you to master them, Ugesh? And what would you rate the difficulty in learning and executing them...?

Thanks.
-Jess.
kaigan
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of kaigan
Wow, I still can't do the top shot consistently, and I've had the videos for months. You're right about the snap deal though, Imagication, it is definitely cool looking, but not too difficult. There are several "flavors" of it as well, and some are easier than others. The basic "cut the cards, snap deal the card onto the bottom half" is extremely easy, the version where the cards vanish is a little harder, and separating reds/blacks with it or changing a card for another using it are a little harder.

HB
Imagication
View Profile
New user
Brunei Darussalam
52 Posts

Profile of Imagication
I see. Thanks.
-Jess.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Green Magic Dvds (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL