The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Remote Control CD Player? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
I have googled and everything, but can't find what I'm looking for. Does anyone know where to buy a regular CD player that has a wireless remote control?
You know you are a magician when you have boxes full of lecture notes you have never read, but still are excited about going out and buying more.

www.gideonsylvan.com
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
I don't think you'll find one that is controlled by RF remote. There are plenty with IR, but if you want RF then you'll have to by something like the Showtech or VSM.
Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
I just want a cd player with a wireless remote so I can make a cheaper sound cue system.

I found a boombox with this feature, so that might work. What are these IRs and RFs?
You know you are a magician when you have boxes full of lecture notes you have never read, but still are excited about going out and buying more.

www.gideonsylvan.com
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
More than likely they are IR. I looked for RF controlled players and could not find any. About the only other option, besides what I mentioned already, is make your own wireless system. It can be done for cheaper than the professional units on the market. They are some who may argue that it would not work as good as the professional models. They would be right, but if it works for you then it works. You can search the net for some very reliable keychain sized remote transmitters and receivers. With some understanding of how the wired remotes that come with the players work, then it isn't too big of a step to make it wireless.
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
Actually, there is one out there, but it's no longer sold in stores. I found one on ebay, and occasionally they are up for auction there. What you're looking for is the Panasonic SL-SX282C. It comes with a remote control that works great. I've been using it for shows for about a year now, and have had no problems with it. It only does the basics, but it does them just fine. I see that one went on ebay last week for less than $20, but there are none listed right now. Go to ebay and save it as a search, and they'll email you the next time someone lists one. Good luck!
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
Is it RF or IR?
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
SwissKid 52,

IF stands for infrared frequency and RF stands for radio frequency. IF remotes are the type you typically get with a VCR, DVD player, boombox, etc. They are "line of sight" remotes, which means the unit (in this case a CD player) must be able to "see" the remote signal to work. The line of sight must be unobstructed.

A RF remote, such as used by the Virtual Soundman and Wireless Wizardry (ShowTech, MiniTech), does not have to be in the light of sight to the receiver since it uses radio waves. A RF remote can be inside your pocket and still work, whereas an IF remote will not.

In simplest terms, if you buy a CD player that has an IF remote, you'll have to have the CD player visible to you so that you can point the remote directly at the player. If you buy a RF remote system, the CD player, MiniDisc player, iPod, etc. can be behind your backdrop or somewhere else out of sight and still work.

A RF remote will be much easier to work with and will be much more consistent. Also, more expensive!

Hope this helps.

Michael
Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
Thanks for all the help guys, I found what I am looking for.

www.gideonsylvan.com
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Swiss Kid

CONVERTING AN IR (infra red signal) REMOTE TO RF (radio frequency) Remote for $49.99

Visit this site for a remote extender, it converts the IR signal to RF so you can have an RF on your existing CD player remote, Boom box or if your Mini Disc has a remote it should covert the signal. Please note that your audio equipment must use a remote since it must have a receiver. If you lost the remote you can get a Universal Remote and program it.

http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.......ROD=LRRX

G0THIKE
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Listen to Gothike. I did the exact same thing and this is how I work and it works great. I have a boom box that came with an IR remote and I bought the RF extender for 50 bucks. Now my formerly IR remote is now RF remote and it works perfectly. I custom mix and burn my CDs on my computer. I have use this system for all my shows. I have gotten as far as 20 feet away from the boom box with no problem with a stage seperating us. I have used this system at a shopping mall performance with a stage where my boom box was plugged into their giant sound system by using a patch cord from my boom box's earplug into their amp with a male to male patch cord and a mini to big size plug adapter. I also used this system at the magic castle when I performed in the parlor with my boom box right behind the curtain.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I found a portable CD player that is available with a wireless remote. The only thing is there is no line out option (like I have with my Sony Walkman). The unit is: Panasonic SL-SX392C.
DavidCaserta
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of DavidCaserta
I had a friend convert my IR signal into RF. So it is possible
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Candini,

The line out option is the same place you plug in your headphones.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Gothike,

My SOny has both a line out and headphone Jac, only problem is finding the Panasonic remote CD. I tried all day and found out of business companies or out of stock.

Candini
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
Under the inexpensive solution inquired about, you would most definitely want to use the Headphone jack as long as you don't overdrive the line in of the amplification system. That is because you would want to control a variable volume from your wireless remote (which is the topic here). Beside start, stop, pause and cue, volume control is very important and the Headphone jack gives you the variable output that a line out can not.

g0thike is on point here, as usual. Smile
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Candini,

If I can walk a few blocks and buy all sorts of illegal drugs, or a lady that also does tricks. You can find one if you spend more time on the search engines.

Another CD player with wireless remote is the:
Panasonic SL-SX282C

Try: http://www.hotbuyselectronics.com/panaso......_cds.htm

I also see one on EBAY that closes in 9 days as of today. You might want to send the seller an email since they usually carry inventory or bid on it.

The remote seems small so you might not be able to use a remote extender. You might consider a small boombox with a remote control that use AA batteries.

http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.......ROD=LRRX

or this one:

http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?PROD=RCLFRCA

G0THIKE
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Gothike,

Thanks, a lot of those internet companies I tried but they were out of stock or out of business. I did bid on the EBAY one. I spent two nights searching online then on the phone calling them. I did miss the one you had up there though (thanks).

Thanks Glod, I tried out the headphone jac on my existing Sony and it wasn't bad.
Im still planning on upgrading for the 150 watt system but since I don't get as many bigger gigs and need a battery op system like I have which is portable, the Panasonic remote CD is what I would like to have right now.

Candini
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Checked the company above and did a search and they show out of stock.
Appreciate everyone's help, bookings are coming in.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
My daughter has a Sony boombox that has a small remote control. I'll have to check the model number.

Regan
Mister Mystery
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Candini,

Send an email off to the EBAY seller, they might has more in stock.

Also realize that the remote is IR on the CD player.

G0THIKE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Remote Control CD Player? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL