The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » PayPal Sites (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pseudotheo
View Profile
New user
San Francisco, CA
18 Posts

Profile of pseudotheo
What is PayPal?

What are some of the good Magic sites with PayPal?
Alan Jackson
View Profile
Elite user
Cardiff, UK
432 Posts

Profile of Alan Jackson
PayPal is just a method of paying over the internet. Nothing to do with magic specifically. It's a company that acts as an intermediary between seller and buyer.
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary numbers, and those who don't.
secondbaseman
View Profile
Loyal user
Amsterdam
225 Posts

Profile of secondbaseman
I got a quastion What if you by something using paypal Can the seller rip you off?? how does it goes because I can pay him the money but do I believe He will ship it to my house????

greetings niels
Callin
View Profile
Regular user
Portland, Oregon
123 Posts

Profile of Callin
Niels,

Just like any credit card purchase through the mail, over the phone or online, there is a chance that the seller is not honest. If you buy something through Paypal and you do not receive the product, Paypal has a dispute process. You file a complaint against the seller with Paypal. They will then attempt to collect a refund for you from the seller. Though they cannot guarantee they will get you a refund, I can assure you the seller would loose his rights to sell though Paypal.

Unfortunately, there are some dishonest people selling online, but in my experience, I have purchased many things online through Paypal and have never had a problem. In fact, after checking a number of different options for online purchases from my shop, I decided Paypal was the best for the cost, security, and easy of purchase for both myself and my customers.

Thanks,
Richard Green
Callin's House of Magic
The Pacific Northwest's Largest and Oldest Magic Shop. Established 1953.
Visit us at www.callinsmagic.com
Ask me about the New Jerry Andrus Movie
"A Thing of Wonder" is Available Now!
Chris Calabrese
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, NV
44 Posts

Profile of Chris Calabrese
You only get your money back if you file a dispute within 30 days, as I unfortunately discovered recently. I purchased something from someone (not magic, this was computer related) and the person strung me along for two months. When I finally decided to try and get my money back, PayPal would do nothing because it was beyond their 30 day limit. (They will still let you file a complaint, and although I did so I never even got so much as a response from them.) I also made the mistake of paying through my checking account rather than with a credit card; if I had paid with a credit card I may have been able to dispute the charge with my credit card company.

I am out $300 and will never use PayPal again. Although I'm sure the vast majority of people that use PayPal have a good experience, if you use them and have a problem make sure you do something before you reach their 30 day time limit for recovery of funds.
~ Chris Calabrese ~
DoctorAmazo
View Profile
Special user
Florida
643 Posts

Profile of DoctorAmazo
Chris--

Sorry about your bad experience. I have made probably 100 Paypal transactions over the past 2 yrs...with no probs whatsoever. Never had to file a dispute, so I can't comment on Paypal's response.

BUT, you hinted at an important point. Disputing a charge funded by a credit card will not help. Your card provider will not chargeback, because Paypal did what they were contracted to do...transfer funds to someone you designated. Your card company has no direct dealings with the guy who's ripping you off. Any relief will have to come from Paypal, not the card folks.
Samelei
View Profile
New user
Calgary, AB
16 Posts

Profile of Samelei
I Bought a trick from penguinmagic.com And waited 5 weeks for a $50.00 Trick. How pathetic. Absolutly not impressed at all!
lawrenceng
View Profile
New user
Calgary
84 Posts

Profile of lawrenceng
Sounds like a lot depeneds on the integrity of seller. Are there any ways we can protect ouselves as buyers? Optional insurance etc? I just made my first purchase on paypal, and now I am praying it's going to work out to be a good start instead of a nightmare

sincerely,
lawrenceng Smile
thanks y'all
lawrenceng
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » PayPal Sites (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL