The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Sankey's Bulletproof Coins Across (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
nick vassil
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of nick vassil
Is this the routine where the spec puts his hand around performers closed fist?
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1156 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
Yes. There is a L'homme masque load at the start
Jolyon Jenkins
Brillus
View Profile
New user
Italy
73 Posts

Profile of Brillus
I'm seriously thinking to buy this DVD... is the material inside workable stand-up and surrounded?
I ask this because it reflects the usual condition in which I perform.
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1156 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
He relies a lot on the Tenkai pinch, which in some ways is good standing but might be tricky surrounded. Also a lot of HPC which mostly needs a table. But there is a hell of a lot of good stuff in there.
Jolyon Jenkins
Brillus
View Profile
New user
Italy
73 Posts

Profile of Brillus
Thank you Rjenkins, I like very much routines that involves HPC move.
Do you think is possible do the move in the hands of spectator instead of a table?
I saw Michael Ammar do this with a 3 coins routine I don't remember the name.
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1156 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
There have been some discussions quite recently here about this, if you do a search.

Sankey also plays around with a reverse HPC which he calls Chien Ping Hang.

There is also a long review somewhere on the Café of Revolutionary Coin Magic, which describes each trick - a couple of years ago, at least, but well worth looking out.
Jolyon Jenkins
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8815 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Brill,

Sankey's Revolutionary Coin Magic is great. As rj here said, it's got a lot of good stuff in there. For instance, he explains the Gallo pitch along with a myriad of other little moves and subtleties. I like his magic because it's not pretentious at all. It's just a lot of good stuff that you can do anywhere at any time, strolling around. He presents quite a few little cutey's on the dvd that you can use to do other moves. It's definitely worth having, and the guy can be funny as heck at times. He clearly doesn't take himself as seriously as a lot of these other guys here do, but he's as good, successful and popular as many of them, probably moreso than most. Get it, you'll be happy you did! Enjoy! Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Mini Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1156 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
Mb - do you remember where on the DVD he demos the Gallo pitch?
Jolyon Jenkins
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8815 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Rj, to tell you the truth man, not really...I wish the index was more comprehensive so you could find stuff better but it isn't, and typically I see many folks here seem to forget exactly where things are on the dvd, but it's there alright. Perhaps someone else here might know. Perhaps Mike Gallo here on the Café might know where on the dvd his namesake has been so honored by Jay Sankey...Smile But if I come across it, I will post it here. I do remember that he actually shows you how to do it, with a very brief explanation of the mechanics. Smile Hey, you know what, it might be in a section on where he talks about the "Bitch Pitch Ditch?" It's titled as such and I think he might explain the Gallo Pitch there before for going into the "Ditch" of it all. Check the dvd for it and let me know. Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Mini Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Yes, you can find it in the B.P.Ditch section. Jay is being funny as he said it could be by the Gallo Brothers or the Gallo Men for this pitch production. Personally, I like the Nest Eggs on this dvd, well among others, as it's fun and EASY to do.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1156 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
MB - got it, thanks
evolve629 - just looked at Nest Egg again. How do you ditch the gimmicks?
Jolyon Jenkins
otter606
View Profile
New user
Scotland
89 Posts

Profile of otter606
If you've done a card trick previously, you can swap the boxes and put the cards away
in the box after the trick. I think this is mentioned on the tape, although you have to do it quite smoothly so it doesn't look like you're grabbing at cardcase.

Posted: Oct 7, 2005 3:43am
Btw does anyone have any alternatives for Himber click pass? I'm getting the basic vanish
looking quite nice now but struggling to get a reliable "click", wondering if there
are any alternative 3 for 2 counts out there.Thanks
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Otter,

Doc Rubenstein has an entire lecture full of click passes, two of which (at least) are just what you're looking for. PM him from here, and he'll appear.

(unless he's already in Italy, then it may take a while)
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Doc Rubenstein has an entire lecture full of click passes, two of which (at least) are just what you're looking for. PM him from here, and he'll appear.

Well, I don't think it's an entire lecture...he does some spellbound moves in it as well Smile! Curtis is right however...the good Doc does some very good click passes in his lecture (possibly in actual performance as well). Do as Curtis suggests and PM Mike about his notes...you'll be glad you did.

Mike
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
789 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
Dr Rubinstein has a move he calls the "pseudo-Himber click pass" he showed me in detail during the NY Coin Seminar a couple of months ago. It kind of looks like the Himber-Sankey one, but you don't have to thank Jesus ( Smile ) every time the coin hits the other: works all the time. Before meeting Dr Rubinstein I developped myself a 2-for-3 count I'm still using, and that nobody -so far- questioned. PM me if you are interested, I'll tell you what I do.

Phedon
...The only easy day is yesterday...
otter606
View Profile
New user
Scotland
89 Posts

Profile of otter606
Many thanks everyone, I really appreciate your replies.
llsouder
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of llsouder
Anybody change the first or second vanish. I am practicing, practicing, practicing the routine, but even Sankey flashes on the video! I don't like doing the vanish once, let alone twice in a row. The rest of the routine does seems to be enough misdirect and to snuff the supucious, but I would like an alternative.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6998 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Are you talking about Bulletproof or another routine?
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Sankey's Bulletproof Coins Across (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL