The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Smoker's Dream Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Addy
View Profile
Loyal user
NY
243 Posts

Profile of Addy
I've been working with Morrissey's Smoker's Dream for a while now, and yet I'm just not nailing the action. It doesn't seem to drop as per the directions. Does anyone do this one? Any advice.
Pavel
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Pavel
As in any other effect the best advice is to practice and then practice more...
"Truth without Magic does not exist" J.Faulz
cardandcoin
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of cardandcoin
Check out 'Keith clarks "encyclopedia of cigarette magic" for related material.
Its a book which is always overlooked.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22597 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The instructions say to throw the cigs but down. What is hard about that?
Addy
View Profile
Loyal user
NY
243 Posts

Profile of Addy
Throwing them down is not the difficult part, it's catching them in the crease of the hand that's tricky, as well as then making the move upwards seem natural with a cigarette that's not positioned correctly.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22597 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Andy, cigs use the thumb palm and are caught with/between the index and second finger or second finger and third. It is not an upward, but a short outward movement. You can dip the hand as the cig is produced. It sounds like you need a book or video to get you going.

I practiced this with a cig butt that was lit. If you can thumb palm a butt quickly and easily you are half way there. Then work on thumb palming five cigs in this position.
Addy
View Profile
Loyal user
NY
243 Posts

Profile of Addy
Exactly, half way there. I've got the thumb palm pretty good. I'll keep my eyes open for a video and the book that cardandcoin mentioned above. Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Smoker's Dream Help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL