The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Eureka Base (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
Anyone found something at Home Depot or some other place that is similar to the Eureka. It seems like a common item, and if anyone knows were to get one outside the magic world, please post.

Thanks,
Gideon
You know you are a magician when you have boxes full of lecture notes you have never read, but still are excited about going out and buying more.

www.gideonsylvan.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7390 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Check Music stores.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2886 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
IMHO, it seems a shame to continue using tables in a style that's over a hundred years old. We just don't see this type of furniture anywhere right now, except for three-legged candle stands in museums and antique-reproduction catalogs. Sure, drum and cymbal stands are common, but the chrome-and black "musician" or "DJ" look doesn't fit everybody's persona and visual style. I've seen way too many of these tables that look totally out of place in the act.

Don't get me wrong... I grew up with this stuff too, and this type of table still says "magic act" to me. However, the general public isn't familiar with magic catalogs or with Hoffman, so they see something totally different than we do. A table needs to fit visually into the act.

If I were doing an act today that requires a small stand-type table, I'd look at furniture catalogs with more contemporary products. IKEA is one, and there are many others. Or, if I were doing a themed act, I'd look at catalogs that sell stuff that fit my theme.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22650 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Three leg are used to be able to set level on an uneven floor. That way you need not use your okito coin box to level the 4th leg.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Eureka Base (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL