We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Too old to start in street magic? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jasonmiller
View Profile
New user
Greenville, SC
52 Posts

Profile of jasonmiller
Go for it! Forget about the age thing. Age is only a limit if you see it as such.

I have seen Marty do his thing in the street and he does a great job... Not bad for a middle aged guy! J/K Marty keep bringing magic to the gville streets :-P
Jason Miller
-Balloon Twister
-Magic Man
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Man you need to stop talking about it and just go for it!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I just read something from a man named Martin in an article he called "So You Want To Be a Street Performer."

He wrote "There is no failure, just success and not trying. Set your goal and do it ... Hard work is better than hard thinking..."

Yes, I've been accused of overthinking and underdoing, My first street show was this year, and I just turned 50.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1223 Posts

Profile of imgic
A thread from the past...

As somebody who hasn't done much besides family and friends...I've been working on something's to get back out there after ...well...more years than I care to admit. So when I stumbled across this thread, just had to bring it back up...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2770 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I've done magic off and on since I was 14. At 55, I got a permit from the city of Providence and started working in the park and on Thayer Street.
I don't work as hard as I should, I'm not as good as I should be. But I do what I can. At 47, you're perfectly fine for starting.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
The thread was started *nine* years ago - I had to do the math while I was reading it. Some of the folks who posted are seriously old now. My how time slips by.
LeoH
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of LeoH
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2005, Pokie-Poke wrote:
Ya still breathing?? If so go for it, no excuses. If not , then yes your too old. dead people don't make good buskers.

Unless you do a Human Statue.....
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
I wasn't going to write this, but I figured what the heck. About the same time this post was started I too was looking into the idea of busking. That was until I purchased s so-called guru's course in which this guy tells a story of one Sonny Holiday. It seems the guru thinks that people who are over the age of 25 should not be performing on the street and that what I should do (according to this guy while on a consultation call) do free shows for at least 5 years maybe more (Finding people who want a free magic show is tough in my neck of the woods). When I finally decided to do a show on the streets let's just say I died show wise.

Since that time I have seen some people who are older than me perform on the streets, on the boardwalks, and at fairs. This thread makes me wonder if the person who is a so-called guru, knows what he is talking about. So, my advice to the original poster and those who are thinking about the streets is this, go for it. Just make sure you have some tricks down pat before you go out there to show off your stuff.
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
I'm 70 yrs old and have been busking for about 15 years. You are NEVER too old to start and SUCCEED.
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1877 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
I'm 52, and busking. I don't have the stamina I had at 20, but it is good fun and good money!
Polpetta
View Profile
New user
Alessandria - Italy
3 Posts

Profile of Polpetta
Hey ldl1017, I think we are twins in some way! I am 47 too, and I'm going to do that for the first time next month! I too have been busy with pay performances in the past years (and currently...), but always trying new experiences having big fun and enthusiasm! So let's do it and... oh, best wishes to both of us!

Last but not least: I love Billy Joel, my teen years idol!
Iron Butterfly
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Iron Butterfly
This thread came at the perfect time. I am 51 and I just started street busking last Summer. Performing has always been in my blood. I can not afford to retire. Its a good thing I love what I do.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Too old to start in street magic? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.55 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL