The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Which DVD should I get if I am interested in Bill change? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
zhuanan
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of zhuanan
Hi Guys:

I am interested in the area of Bill change, which DVD from below would you recommend me to start with?

1) Hundy 500 by Gregory Wilson
2) Slow Burn by Richard Sanders
3) Easy Money by Patrick Page [ Secret Seminar DVD ]
4) Lonnie Chevrie's Bill change [ in his "Outlaw" DVD ]
5) Infinity switch by Sean Field

As I am a total beginner in Bill change, my criteria would be:

1) The Bill change needs to be relatively easy
2) The Bill change needs to have great impact on the spectator
3) The Bill change needs to be practical for the following situation [ as I would
like to do it in the following situation ]

Suppose I am in a restraurant/Cafe/Stalls/Shops, I need to pay before I leave. Instead of producing 10 dollar note and pass it to the waiter/counter, I first produce a one dollar note/blank paper/newspaper of the size of a note, then I change it to the 10 dollar note.

Or in the event where I need to pay $ 20, I would like to produce 4 blank papers/$ 1 dollar note, then I change it to 4 pieces of $10 dollar note. Then pass 2 pieces of $10 dollar note to the waiter/counter, and I keep the balance 2 pieces of $10 dollar note.

If my criteria are the above, which DVD would you guys recommend me to get?

And for the DVD that you recommend me, please let me know if you know of anyone who would like to resell his/her copy.

Thanks
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Kevin King's is the best of all of them.
Justin Miller.
AngeJudor
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of AngeJudor
I also LOVE Keving King's one (Money Morph ?), I have already done it in a restaurant changing one bill to another, and the person was very very impressed !

Do you know Arthur Tivoli's bill change ? (It's done without TT and is a quite flashy bill change !)

Ange.
magicdoctor39
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor39
I second Kevin King. Hundy 500 is also a great effect of course I don't use big bills I had my own picture put on some bills I talk about how to counterfeit money and show bills with my face on them. Of course you can't spend this money so then I turn them into real money. Experiment with all bill switches if you can.
vonmagic.com
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2324 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Definately get Kevin King's Bill switch. I learned it a few years ago when it first came out. He makes the switch so smooth and fast.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10804 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Also Lonnie Cheverie's captured
GrandPas dollar
very visual and no gimmick used
one of the best
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27157 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2005-07-29 22:26, zhuanan wrote:... Suppose I am in a restraurant/Cafe/Stalls/Shops, I need to pay before I leave.
Instead of producing 10 dollar note and pass it to the waiter/counter, I first produce a one dollar note/blank paper/newspaper of the size of a note, then I change it to the 10 dollar note....

Doing this for REAL as part of your life probably makes the "Bamboozled" item from The Stars of Magic a great choice. Taking the next step to carry a Himber Wallet for the Poloroid Money routine is another thing you may want to try LATER.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
AngeJudor
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of AngeJudor
Quote:
On 2005-08-02 15:01, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-07-29 22:26, zhuanan wrote:... Suppose I am in a restraurant/Cafe/Stalls/Shops, I need to pay before I leave.
Instead of producing 10 dollar note and pass it to the waiter/counter, I first produce a one dollar note/blank paper/newspaper of the size of a note, then I change it to the 10 dollar note....

Doing this for REAL as part of your life probably makes the "Bamboozled" item from The Stars of Magic a great choice. Taking the next step to carry a Himber Wallet for the Poloroid Money routine is another thing you may want to try LATER.

Excuse me and my poor English Jonathan, but what do you mean with "... makes the "Bamboozled" item ... "

Thanks,

Ange.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27157 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Simply, rather than get coy with a bill, you can take out a few, change them all then give the waitress/cashier the proper amount of money rounded up.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
info2victor
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of info2victor
Hey zhuanan,

I'm also very interested in the thought of your first application. I think it'd be nice if I need to pay, say, $20 and realize I'm taking a $10, and then do a bill switch to $20.

For that purpose (a bill to another), I'll suggest using a TT. A standard fold-switch-unfold. It's very visual and easy, and you don't need to have any gimmicked bill. So you can just pay with your switched bill.

I learned about the technique from one of Jay Sankey's Tape... one of the volume in his Very Best of Jay Sankey. Don't know if he's the original, but he taught well.
It only takes a minute to learn how it is done, but takes a lifetime to learn how to do it.

You've got a coin?
Magicman101uk
View Profile
Regular user
Nuneaton, UK
146 Posts

Profile of Magicman101uk
Hi All

Just purchased the Infinity Switch and I couldn't believe the method! I'd never thought of that (but I guess that's why I didn't create it)! Its also worth checking out sankeys switch too, (as mentioned above).

Cheers

Paul
Anyone here believe in psycho-kinesis? Raise my hand!

www.paul-humphreys.com
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10804 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I have recommended in the Past Lonnie Cheverie's two dvds Wanted and Captured,
Both these dvd contain two of the cleanest bill switches I have seen to date
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Karl Miller
View Profile
Elite user
494 Posts

Profile of Karl Miller
The best description of the bill switch I have ever encountered is located in Roger Klause's "In Concert" book. Roger's attention to details, management, and application of "half-moves" is something you can apply to all of your magic. You also get the rest of the book, which is superb (one of my all time favorites). Why buy a DVD with one effect on it when you can spend about five dollars more and get one of the best books on magic ever written?

"Bamboozled" in "Stars of Magic", as Mr. Townsend mentioned above, is also a masterpiece.

I also enjoy the Chevrie version. His DVD's are superb, and the Pablo/Chevrie change he teaches is mind blowing. I am currently working on a variation of this myself. The DVD's also contain other brilliant material, and are produced very, very well.

My opinion, for your situation, go for the Klause book. There are a couple routines in there that are exactly what you are looking for.

Hope this helps,

Karl Miller
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17162 Posts

Profile of joseph
I also recommend the Money Morph bill switch...excellent change....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
kramerica2010
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of kramerica2010
I don't recommend you get Hundy 500 and Easy Money. they are the same trick-Hundy 500 is Gregory Wilson's version of Easy Money. It's a great DVD.
OiNutter
View Profile
New user
Newcastle, UK
83 Posts

Profile of OiNutter
I like Twisted from DG Project Vol 1. No TT, No Gimmick, just a clean and easy switch of one bill/piece of paper/similar object to a nice spendable piece of money! Quite liked the look of infinity switch though, just not picked it up yet.
www.oinutter.co.uk

I could read your mind but I'm afraid of what I'd find
canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
630 Posts

Profile of canaday
If you like the Roger Klause book, try the John cornelius book. Lance pierce wrote both of them and he is a truly great magic writer.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2005-10-03 04:52, OiNutter wrote:
I like Twisted from DG Project Vol 1. No TT, No Gimmick, just a clean and easy switch of one bill/piece of paper/similar object to a nice spendable piece of money! Quite liked the look of infinity switch though, just not picked it up yet.

Yes, this one is very clever, clean and no TT or rubber cement. Get it and learn it cuz you are gonna use it!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
BULKFACE
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
5 Posts

Profile of BULKFACE
Slow Burn by Richard Sanders is great. If you prepare the gimmick well, you can leave people breathless with this bill change. The trick is in doing it with perfect rhythm, an entertaining patter, and at the moment you change the bills, slow it down enough so that they can see it changing under their nose. Pause the moment after you changed them, and don't say a thing. Just look them in the eye. This will help transalate the magnitude of what just happened. Then show the new bills as cleanly as possible. As long as you don't rush the routine, this one is a true miracle. One more thing, borrow the bills from your audience, and switch them out by joking about pocketing their money. This leaves the imprint on laymen, that you changed their money. The TT bill changes can create histeria too. If you have a large enough crowd just ask an audience member whether theres any tropical place they would like to "Co". Not 'go.' Co. If you ask this in a way that hurries the audience member, you can force them to say Mexico. If the first spectator doesn't say Mexico, just ask another one as if you were surveying the room. And when you find someone who says Mexico go start the routine casually for them. At this point, if you have Mexican paper in the TT, you can ask the spectator for $5 and tell them it isn't a $5 bill, its a round trip ticket to Mexico, and suggest that with a $5 bill you can take them anywhere. Do the change and they'll believe you just did a mental miracle for them. I did this last Saturday for a wedding show and it absolutely fried the audience. One more thing, always use contrasting colours for a bill change. Makes the routine more visual. Good luck with the money miracles Zhuanan!
Nighthawk
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Nighthawk
I have Infinity Switch....its very well thought out....but in my opinion somewhat fussy and the handling has to be very precise or you will flash probably not an issue unless you are using Canadian bills like I am...Again....its not bad.....but I think I will stay with the TT until something not just incrementally better but way better goes along though if I were living in the US...its probably something that I would work at to refine....like I said...its well thought out and I can see that the switch can be very magical if one adds the appropriate art to the performance.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Which DVD should I get if I am interested in Bill change? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL