The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Kuff's metal bending? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Tom DV
View Profile
Special user
694 Posts

Profile of Tom DV
Hi everyone, I have (and love) PK silverware, the DVDs with Osterlind's bends and Ian Rowland's lecture notes featuring his spoon bending routine.

Im about to buy, at last, Banachek's Psi Series - do you think I need Kuff's DVD on metal bending as well?

I'd really like to know, Im sure it couldn't be a bad thing to get it eventually - but should I be yearning for this now?

Thanks all, Tom.
joshlondon
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of joshlondon
Personally, I don't think you need Kuff's metal bending. I would get the video by Banachek and Gerry, it is awesome. Also, Guy Bavli has a wonderful metal bending routine (which I use in my shows). It is a full lenght routine with 5-7 volunteers, it plays big and packs small.
Tom DV
View Profile
Special user
694 Posts

Profile of Tom DV
That sounds great - is it on his DVDs?
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Bavli's is imo not very much compared with Banachek's and Osterlind's.
If you own Osterlind's video, do the routine, and do the it well, you don't need very much more.
After all, there are limits for how much metal bending people can watch before it gets boring.
If you must get more material on metal bending, get Banachek's. That's the real work on it.

Sven
ASTROMIND
View Profile
New user
France
33 Posts

Profile of ASTROMIND
Kuff's metal bending is quite good and give you new ways of metal bending.
But you still need the PK silverware video first.
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Not this old subject AGAIN?!
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Hey all: I'm very new to all this, but my recommend, is DON'T COMPARE, just save up and invest in everything you can related to Metal Bending, if that's what you like most. Just like many of us have bought everything we can on Coin Magic or Rope Magic or Card Magic, why shouldn't we do the same with Metal Bending.

I started building my Metal Bending/Mentalism library last fall, beginning with Banachek's P.S. and a couple from the PSI series; next came Liquid Metal; then Mind Mysteries, then ETMMM, then 3 books, and last Friday I ordered Patrik Kuffs DVD.

My wife has MS, so we are trying to survive on her Disabiltiy Pension, plus raise 3 boys. I've had to get a part-time job, so I have a little extra money to invest in these things that I enjoy. I've just had to be patient, and over the past several months, have began to build a nice M.B./Mentalism library.

I really don't think anyone could go wrong having ALL the Metal Bending stuff out there in your library. You can learn from everyone, because all the PROS have a slightly different twist on things. I take from all these sources, and then try to create MY own routine. I HATE COPYING others.

However, in MY OPINION and my opinion only, if you CAN only buy ONE DVD, then go for Banachek; either P.S. or I think it's Volume 4 of the PSI series where he really covers a lot.

Happy Bending....

smitty
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Osterlind DVD - For the spoon bend stuff
Psych Silverware DVD - for the whole thing and how to misdirect
Guy Bavli DVD - for his routine, and also a one handed spoon thing which is cool

If you're really nuts for it, there's a bend on Chad Sanborn 'Mind Bender' but it's just one move, although quite a good one.

If you're totally nuts for it, and want the low down on bending everything, then get Psi Series covering bends too, but really just for completeness

You don't need any more moves than the top three I mentioned to be honest.

But it's one of those areas where it's nice to have several options, especially if you're going to be under fire it's nice to have enough moves to switch between in certain circumstances.

Bev
Tom DV
View Profile
Special user
694 Posts

Profile of Tom DV
Thanks everyone - I think the overall message is to get all you can!

Thanks again, Tom.
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Just received Patrik Kuff's DVD in the mail today. Have watched most of it, and so far, LOVE IT. Well worth the money, especially for a 'newbie' to metal bending. Patrik offers some really nice ideas and touches on things.

The "x" bend he demonstrates is a beauty.

I will definitely will utilizing some of his ideas, and highly recommend this DVD to anyone who doesn't have it. The only thing I found disappointing was I heard he was a very funny, crazy guy. That doesn't come across on the DVD. I'm sure it would in 'live performance' though.

Other than that, a great investment to add to my Metal Bending Library.

Kind Regards

smitty
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
And again, I say: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Not this old subject AGAIN?!

Heee-hee Smile
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Perhaps it OLD to you Drew, but it's NEW and FRESH to me, being brand new to all this.

Guess I won't be able to 'pick your brains' about any of this.

If you find it so old and boring Drew, I'd suggest you find a topic of 'personal interest' where you might learn and share ideas with others of your caliber. Only a suggestion.

Have a nice day, and HAPPY BENDING... ;-}

smitty
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Firstly I love the Kuffs vid and rate it (for methods alone ) over all the others ( which I have). Secondly , why bother chipping in Drew,weve all seen your tiresome reply again and again,it may be old and boring to you but newbies to it deserve to ask the question. It would be far more constructive to share your knowledge (?) rather than ridicule with those who don't know and want to know.Im sure you are knowledgeable on the subject and passing something on would be appreciated.
E.O.I
Jean-Denis
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
126 Posts

Profile of Jean-Denis
What I especially like of Kuff's video is the long interview at the end with Martin Carli who asks questions.

Smitty, yes Kuffs is a very crazy guy in live performances (saw him once in Montreal). He has a big deal of energy inside him Smile
MentaThought
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of MentaThought
Quote:
On 2005-08-10 11:53, markthorold wrote:
Firstly I love the Kuffs vid and rate it (for methods alone ) over all the others ( which I have). Secondly , why bother chipping in Drew,weve all seen your tiresome reply again and again,it may be old and boring to you but newbies to it deserve to ask the question.

I second both your evaluation of Kuffs' metal bending video as well as the comments you directed towards Mr. McAdam.
I was very pleasantly surprised and impressed by Kuffs' metal bending abilities as well as the excellent, very helpful manner in which he teaches his techniques on the video.
Prior to watching his video I'd never even though of Kuffs as being at all into metal bending, much less being so very accomplished at it.
Unquestionably Kuffs' video is the most instructive I've yet seen on this genre of effects and they certainly boast the best videography for teaching the intracacies of such effects, in my opinion.
"A good mentalist ... will teach you a miracle because he understands the subtleties ..." -- Banachek

"If this works it'll be BEAUTIFUL!" - The Amazing Kreskin on a stunning effect he performed on his 1970s television series (PS: it worked)
shawn popp
View Profile
Veteran user
Denver
313 Posts

Profile of shawn popp
What is Kuff's DVD titled? I can't seem to find it...
J ack Galloway
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

Profile of J ack Galloway
Why would you need to find it.

I think Drew made a point of crystal.

Pass it by as well as the Banacheck stuff and learn from Geller.
(isn't Banacheck Randi's boy?)

I did!

Why learn from fakes if you can learn the real thing?

This is just a question that has been nagging me for a bit.

Anyone care to answer?

Jack

H.O.A_X
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
979 Posts

Profile of espmagic
Best answer: get everything you can, in any order that suits you. Whether you will think it is good depends on your personality and performance style (See Jack? You're just cranky! <grin>), but knowledge really is power, and for bendings' sake the more you know the more options you have.

Geller *was* the best. Now it is one of the others...

Lee
MentaThought
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of MentaThought
Quote:
On 2005-08-12 19:11, Shawn Griffin wrote:
What is Kuff's DVD titled? I can't seem to find it...

"Metal Bending - The Real Work" by Camirand Magic.
"A good mentalist ... will teach you a miracle because he understands the subtleties ..." -- Banachek

"If this works it'll be BEAUTIFUL!" - The Amazing Kreskin on a stunning effect he performed on his 1970s television series (PS: it worked)
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
Quote:
On 2005-08-10 10:43, smitty wrote:
Perhaps it OLD to you Drew, but it's NEW and FRESH to me, being brand new to all this.

Guess I won't be able to 'pick your brains' about any of this.

If you find it so old and boring Drew, I'd suggest you find a topic of 'personal interest' where you might learn and share ideas with others of your caliber. Only a suggestion.

Have a nice day, and HAPPY BENDING... ;-}

smitty

Smitty,

It was only meant as a joke! There were thre threads - at the same time - all dealing with htis, and I gave a full view on one (can't remember which one, that suggested that if somebody want to learn, they should get everything they can." It is NOT old and boring to me. I still love metal bending now as much as I did when I first discovered it - December 1973, if you're interested. Get this - I've probably been bending metal longer than anybody else on the Café, and I STILL love it!

Best wishes, with all my wry and cutting Scottish humour,

Drew
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Kuff's metal bending? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL