The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Do you perform snowstorm? You'll love this! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Hey guys,

If you do snowstorm, you may be interested in this little gizmo! I actually had this idea myself several years back, but never acted on it. Now they are making these commercially.

What a great addition to a snowstorm effect. No noisy snow machines, no soapy mess, and you won't need a ladder or a "cherry picker" to set it up! I bought one and it's awesome! Check it out:

http://www.smarthome.com/C0304.html

Lyndel
Magicusa
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Magicusa
Thanks Tim,

I will check this one out!

By the way Tim, I think you have one of the best snowstorm routine I have seen.

Emmett
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Lyndel,

Not only is this AWESOME, but it's exactly what I was looking for for the new show I'm putting together! PERFECT for two reasons. The first is the effect and the second is the PRICE. I hadn't seen anything like that anywhere near as low as $100.

Nice find!

Chris.
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Emmett, Thanks for the kind words! I have put a lot of work into the scripting of that routine. Refining it, revising it, adding things, deleting things... It has certainly become a centerpiece of my act (Although it's performed at the end of the act!) Smile

Chris, My pleasure man! Initially, I was not going to share this idea with any other magicians, but this is just too good of an addition to snowstorm! Besides that, I really did come up with the idea myself several years back and wanted to get a little credit for doing so... Oh well, you snooze you loose I guess... Smile

The only modification that I am making to mine is to paint the outside of the cabinet flat black. The dark Christmas green isn't going to cut it for me!

Lyndel
RealDeal JU
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
375 Posts

Profile of RealDeal JU
You could probably make one of these for a fraction of the price. It is a great idea, but I think it's a little overpriced for a disco ball and a spot light IMO.

Jim
"Challenge yourself to come up with your own

material, rather than buying into the idea that

you have to do the same thing that everyone

else is doing to be a good magician."
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
My time is worth more than trying to make it.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1911 Posts

Profile of chmara
Well said Richard.
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
I'm thinking that it could easily be made to look like other things depending on what color you use. Blue for Rain, Red going upward for Sparks, White going to the side for moving in super speed.

The possibilities are endless.
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
This looks like a great idea. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Daniel Faith
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Thanks Lyndel for sharing this. It can make a small time stage show play really big. Thanks again
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
No problem guys!

I have only had a chance to use mine twice, but the reaction was strong!

Lyndel
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
I have e mailed the company and am waiting to hear from them. However, since you have used it, would you please tell me if the audience feel it looks like snow or do they rather perceive it as spots of white light??
Also how effective will this be for outdoor use?? ie on a building?

Thanks in advance
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Well, I think that they "know" that it's spots of light, but it just adds some ambiance to the confetti that is already falling down as you fan it. Certainly makes it play bigger.

As far as using it outside, it's actually designed for outdoor use (albeit not for daytime use...) Plus remember that doing snowstorm outside, you are subjet to the elements with the most detrimental - being the wind. Instead of snow being fanned up and then gracefully falling downward, a slight breeze will cause all of your "snow" to rush toward you or to one side of the stage or the other (can you say "blizzard"):lol:

Hope that info helps..

Lyndel
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
I have a similar machine that I paid $20.00 canadian for. The bonus is that the light source has a spot for gobos and it came with a snowflake gobo.
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Mrbilldentertainer,

Would you like to share your source?

Lyndel
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Hey thanks Lyndel. Actually my use was not in conjunction with a snowstorm. I thought of using it as an outdoor decor during christmas for a shopping mall.
BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
746 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
Lyndel,
What a great find! I don't care if it's a ferret in a disco jacket and flash light, it's worth the price! Thanks for the tip, I'll be buying one right away!

Ben S
Your Friendly Neighborhood Coin Flinger

www.SalinasMagic.com

The Modern Coin Magic blog
www.ModernCoinMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Do you perform snowstorm? You'll love this! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL