The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Effects Done Backwards? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cameron Fisk
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, BC
194 Posts

Profile of Cameron Fisk
I have been thinking about this for a while now and have come up with a few ideas but I'm looking for more. Either an effect done in reverse or an effect done physically backwards. Maybe a gag? Any bulbs going off? Thanks.

Cheers,

Cameron Fisk
KyletheGreat
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
560 Posts

Profile of KyletheGreat
OK...

Some of these can be good...others...are not so good.

Scott Hitchcock came up with one of the tricks for a card trick.

He explains that he is going to do a trick backwards...so he begins with the applause. Then he reveals a card, then the deck is shuffled and then the spectator chooses a card...or something like that. It is pretty good and is in his lecture notes.

WHat kind of effects are you thinking about doing?
Kyle Jarrard
"Entertainment at its Best"

http://www.kylesmagic.com
http://www.hypnobilly.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Cameron, effects done backward have been with us since Georges Mellie's films at the turn of last century.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Cameron Fisk
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, BC
194 Posts

Profile of Cameron Fisk
Jonathan, the beggining of the last century's films are a little hazy for me... Anything come to mind about them in specific?

Kyle, that's something that I had in mind as well. I'm not being too picky here, just looking for ideas and little bits brain fluff that might show up.
KyletheGreat
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
560 Posts

Profile of KyletheGreat
You might want to check into that trick then... at least for inspiration. Scott Hitchcock sells his lecture notes for $20. They come with special super stretchy rubber bands, Nosferatu smile cards, a double back card, and the card for the backwards trick. The notes are great and quite useful because the talk about magic that is easy, short, and to the point...but packs one heck of an impact! I like his notebook gag...I use it at school. (You could be walking and you throw your notebook at somebody's face as you scream...it scares them, but the notebook comes flying back to your hand and never touches the person you threw it at.
Kyle Jarrard
"Entertainment at its Best"

http://www.kylesmagic.com
http://www.hypnobilly.com
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
This is a tough question. heheh

I'd like to hear Cameron's ideas.
Cameron Fisk
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, BC
194 Posts

Profile of Cameron Fisk
I had that idea of a card trick done in reverse, a few of those actually. Spot Card done physically backwards, until the super secret ultimate move of course. I have a few other brain stormed ideas but I don't want to give those away just yet.

I haven't put too much thought into this yet, but I'm mainly looking into this for kids shows as they would find it pretty funny.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
"Adding the Pips" instead of removing/picking.

I can't really see any Restored and Torn anything tricks , color changing anything here.

I'm trying to think but what I see is that a great many tricks go both forward and then back while others just won't cut it. Smile
isaacfawlkes
View Profile
Loyal user
FL
256 Posts

Profile of isaacfawlkes
Many years ago there was a routine for the cut and restored rope done backwards. I think it was on a Stevens magic tape by Micheal Weber. The trick was called the rope and restored cut. I played with it for a while with the idea of doing the trick and then rewinding it like a video. Tried to do the patter backwards. It was harder than I ever imagined. But it trick still was good.
Byron
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Byron
I can't remember the guys name but I saw a great routine in the UK about 5 years ago. He did his whole routine backwards! He came out on stage as if he had just finished a show. His doves and props were laying around on the table and he had his jacket off. he then started to to make things disappear into where they should be before the show started. It was great to watch.
The hand may be quicker than the eye,
But the heart sees all!
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
880 Posts

Profile of e-man
Make yourself Appear,Thats a vanish of yourself but only Backward completely reversed.Is this what you mean.
Luck Good!
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Effects Done Backwards? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL