The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Sponge Ball/Sponge Rabbit routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Indyfan
View Profile
Regular user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
173 Posts

Profile of Indyfan
Hi guys. After half a dozen beers last night, I thought of a routine I'm going to try for Halloween (as I will be wearing a top hat that will allow me to do this routine)

Someone is bound to ask, "can you pull a rabbit out of your hat?" Now, I was planning on carrying a stuffed bunny in there, & say, 'yes, I can', but recently I bought a sponge rabbit that can be formed into a ball (or vice-versa).

Here's my routine:

Spectator: "Can you pull a rabbit out of your hat"
Me: "No..... because it's empty" (show empty hat)
Me: "But what I do have inside, is invisible magic dust, that when I dump it out, I can grab (out of thin air) a magic (sponge) ball".
Me: "This is a magic ball, created from invisible magic dust." I would then vanish the ball, and make it 'reappear' from my pocket (whereby I'd swap the real ball for the 'rabbit ball').

I then place the rabbit ball into my other hand, give the magic squeeze, then produce
"my rabbit from my hat".

Whaddya think? Any suggestions? Does the fact that the rabbit was produced from a sponge ball... that was produced from magic dust... that was produced from the hat, get lost.
Amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
Craig Matsuoka
View Profile
Loyal user
Kailua, Hawaii
271 Posts

Profile of Craig Matsuoka
Instead of calling it a "magic ball", you could call it a "magic egg". That would introduce a weird kind of logic to the spongeball changing into the rabbit.

Reach into your hat with an empty hand, and produce an egg shaped spongeball. Tell the audience that it's an egg. Switch it for a sponge dinosaur (like a T-Rex). Show that the dinosaur hatched from the egg. Finally, switch the dinosaur for a sponge rabbit. Finish with a gag line like, "Charles Darwin would've loved this trick".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Sponge Ball/Sponge Rabbit routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL