The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » New Himber wallet Idea? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Am I being terribly original, or has it been done before...i'm thinking about a Himber wallet in which you could do two changes. for example, you change blank pieces to tens, and then you change the tens to one hundreds. just one possible example.

So am I behind the times, or has someone invented this and put it on the market? what I'm saying is that I have never come across it. If not, I have given it some thought, and I believe I have a way it could be built. Of course, I'm not a leather worker, but if someone were, then why not do it?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Doug,
I think there are a number of gaffed wallets which can do more than one change using in part the Himber method. However, you can do the effect you describe with a regular Himber Wallet. Have the hundreds on one side of the wallet and double face bills on the other (blank on one side and tens on the other, glued). Show the blank bills and place in wallet without tucking the bills in a pocket. Turn wallet over and open opposite way revealing the tens. Open wallet opposite way and reveal the 100s. At the end they can examine the hundreds. With a three way wallet you don't need gaffed bills but a thicker wallet may look suspicious.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I'm trying to recall, but didn't Harry Andersoon do a similar thing in his act?
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
He did as I recall. I"ve done a routine with the Himber wallet and double faced bills along with a Delben type money maker. There are some false counts with the bills and one of the gimmicks is disposed of via the money maker. Always played well for me.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Richard Himber was very clever and the bill chage stuff was popular back in the late 1950s.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Himber had a strong money changing routine with the wallet... I think he called it Polaroid Money? I would guess that his employee at the time, Persi Diaconis, probably worked it out.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I have really taken a liking to "Polaroid money Outdone" it's the polaroid money routine done without the wallet.
Euangelion
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of Euangelion
Yes, Harry did Polaroid Money with the Himber Wallet on one of his specials. It was the same one in which he used jeff Busby's table with the tilt top(or at least I think it was JB's).
Bill Esborn

"Lutefisk: the piece of cod that passes all understanding."
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1479 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Al Schneider uses a himber wallet on his new DVD release to first duplicate one dollar, then duplicat another, and finally duplicate 10 dollar bills. SO with a Himber wallet he makes 3 changes, and that is as I recall it a regular himber wallet.

I think it's on volume 2 in the DVD series.
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
Does anyone know of any videos or books dedicated to the Himber Wallet? I just picked one up and have some ideas, but would really like more.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
The original Himber trick WAS called "Polaroid Money". It consisted of three changes, and there were several versions. The idea has been done to death, and you can find a dozen routines in print without beaking a sweat. In fact, Johnson Products included the original routine with thier wallet, and they may still do so.If you want a truly fun routine check the Ron Bauer "Private Studies Series" for his version. It even has a finish! (www.thinklikeaconjuror.com)

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2005-08-02 10:15, Jeff Corn wrote:
Does anyone know of any videos or books dedicated to the Himber Wallet? I just picked one up and have some ideas, but would really like more.

I believe Harry Lorayne wrote just such a book...and I believe it was L&L publishing who carried it. you might check with them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » New Himber wallet Idea? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL