The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Manipulation Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

four elements
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of four elements
I saw some manipulation cards from Japan on sale (on the web)in England. They had a red "Bee" type back on both sides. I am interested in them but they are a bit pricey (about $25 per deck plus shipping). Has anyone seen theses state side?
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
I got a Japanese Fanning Deck that doubles as a color fanning deck. I would recommend learning card manipulations with regular cards however. Because if you can manipulate the large cards, manipulation cards will make your manipulations so much better (but only after you can do it with regular cards.)

PM me if you want to know how to break in a regular deck of cards to be used as a manipulation deck.

Derek Merdinyan
Magic Monkichi
View Profile
Elite user
Ontario, Canada
401 Posts

Profile of Magic Monkichi
There are many manip decks out there, including one's by Norm Neilsen, Lance Burton, Juliana Chen, Peter Marvey, Murphy's Magic and more! Some cards are best suited to single card productions and some to fan productions. I would recommend investing in a few different deck and experimenting with them and different slights.

I have found that I get best results on single productions with Juliana Chen's cards, and great fans with Neilsen's. But then again everyone is different. Have a look around, and ask your dealer if they have a display pack you can play around with before you buy that why you can immediatly tell if you'll be able to work with the cards before getting home.

Matt
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
I haven't seen that kind of Japanese manipulation cards. I suggest if you're just going to use them for practice, buy a regular Bee card and break it in then practice your manipulations before moving on to fanning and manipulation decks.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
landon
View Profile
Regular user
Alberta, Canada
158 Posts

Profile of landon
I just use a deck of bee cards for practising manipulations. I've tried norm nielson and peter marvey decks but bees feel better to me, especially for split fans. However, I would say experiment with different decks and see what suits you the best. Buy lots of different decks and once you find the one you like best, stick with them.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Actually, I found if you practice with bridge size decks and then use poker size, it is easier to control the cards being you have trained your fingers to grip a bridge size deck.
cupmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of cupmagic
Talking about card manipulation.. I use to bought a dozen of these decks. But now the deck is out of stock. I was looking all around but its not avail.

Its so sad to hear that no where was to be found of these decks. It cheap and good to fan and palm. The name of the deck is 'Wasp' is a china brand deck that is in bridge size. Great for manipuation.

If any one knows where to obatin this pls let me know..I love these decks.
kcedelcycib
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of kcedelcycib
Quote:
On 2005-08-01 21:32, four elements wrote:
I saw some manipulation cards from Japan on sale (on the web)in England. They had a red "Bee" type back on both sides. I am interested in them but they are a bit pricey (about $25 per deck plus shipping). Has anyone seen theses state side?

Haven't used them but from what I hear they're pretty darn thin. Almost TOO thin for some manipulators. I think they're wider than bridge size too.
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Bee's work best as far as I have found. I find the other manip decks too thin. It is easy to tear the cards while doing split fans. It is also harder to grip the bridge sized card. I also find that the red color blends beter into the skin tone of my hand than the dark tan of most manip cards. This dark tan color looks like a black line when it peaks out. And aside from all that I can buy the bees anywhere. Eventually you don't have to do much more than use them to break them in.
Belief Manifests Reality.
Nebula CT: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
Bee cards are the best I have found for split fan work.... I have no idea why bridge is so popular....I have little hands and have no problem.... my 4 year old son can do a one handed fan and spring the cards with a poker size deck..... Stuart is right about the manip cards being toooo thin. I tear them when I split my fans...
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
I use Bee brand for split fans and Norm Nielson cards for single card productions. It just works for me.
four elements
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of four elements
Your correct, fans and even productions with poker size cards are very do able. It's the other types of flourshies (e.g. Charlier Pass) that the poker size seems harder to work with.
Jeff Jenson
View Profile
Veteran user
Denver, Colorado
319 Posts

Profile of Jeff Jenson
I have been doing card manipulation for 5 years now and have found out that Murphy's cards work the best. I have tried lots of other cards but there is no other that I perfer. Plus there not to badly priced.Go here if you want to look at them: http://www.themagicwarehouse.com/

Jeff
Jeff Jenson
"Keep The Magic Alive"
ruijorge
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of ruijorge
Bee cards are really the best for manipulation.
First they cost only $3 and not $15 like the norm nielsen decks or other decks.
Also, they really feel THAT good.
Jeff McBride, Jason Latimer, Jeff Sheridan an many top notch manipulators use the BEE brand.
You really need to break the cards, but it only takes one minute to do that.
I have tryed ALL manipulators cards (Peter Marvey, Juliana, Lance B., etc) and from those decks the best is the Lance Burton one. Anyway, I prefer the bee.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Manipulation Cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL