We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » This is Bizarre (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Wiz
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of The Wiz
THIS IS REALLY WEIRD -- I used Diamond Jim Tyler's Ouija Card last weekend at a Halloween stroll-around gig, and had everybody TOTALLY freaked-out.

It is the size of a jumbo card, very well made [will last forever], and the gimmick is so tiny [you can show both hands empty at all times] it will never be suspect, before, during OR after the effect, and the price is more than right--as a matter of fact, I told him it was WAY under-priced.
http://www.diamond-jim.com/originals

http://www.SandySinger.com
A DATE WITH SINATRA

Smile
SandySinger.com -- scroll down and click on the MAGISELL Bunny
tropicalpenguin
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of tropicalpenguin
What's the effect?
-tropical penguin Smile
-The penguin has spoken Smile

-How could 52 pieces of cardboard ever bring so much joy?
Astyaro
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Astyaro
In my honest opinion using a Ouija Board to devine a selected Card is absurd. And print a playing card at the back of the Ouija. Totally absurd. This is a Card trick not Bizzar Magic. Use it at least to devine a Name or a thought, anything but a playing card.

Astyaro
CENDRE
View Profile
Veteran user
FRANCE
334 Posts

Profile of CENDRE
I follow you Astaryo.

A ouija bord with something that move on this ouija board as already be done.
And IMHO it's nonsense to have something like a card on the back of a Ouija board.

In fact, (sorry Wiz, I don't want to be rude) it seems to be a very commercial and standard card trick dressed in a "Buffy" style... because it's halloween.

For good ouija board effect, we only have to think about it !
Because :
1 - We know many ways to make an object move on a table or on a board.
2 - We can find a much more interesting prediction to do with ouija board (A selected dead celebrity is only an example).

See you soon,
Il était une fois...

CENDRE
Paris
FRANCE
Didier Chantome
View Profile
New user
FRANCE
57 Posts

Profile of Didier Chantome
a oui-ja card with a card behind is a card trick... I completely agree with Astyaro and Cendre.

BUT the idea of having in my wallet a oui-ja card and a (cardboard ?) planchette seems interesting to reveal a spectator's thoughts... Do you know where to find a nice image of a oui-ja board for printing ?

best regards

Didier
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4484 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Didier Chantome
View Profile
New user
FRANCE
57 Posts

wooh ! Amazing site !

They're all beautiful !

Thanks a lot, Philemon !

Didier
Diamond Jim
View Profile
V.I.P.
Diamond Jim Tyler
222 Posts

Profile of Diamond Jim
Dear readers,

Thanks for your posts concerning my new "Ouija Card". It's rare that channeling the dead through a witchboard is accepted in the majority of the venues I perform in. I do like to play things dark sometimes, but most of the time I have to remember who my audience is. Thus I commercialized my Ouija Card by placing a playing card on the back. This helps take the sting out of such devilishness. However, I have made, for my own use, Ouija Cards that simply have a back to them rather than a playing card. Anyone wishing to order the "plain back" version should contact me via email or simply make a special note when ordering. I knew when I marketed it that it would get mixed feedback. I don't think that having a playing card revealed is absurd. Aren't cards also considered the Devil's Playthings? Yes, I agree that one could reveal something that has more emotional impact. But please give me a little credit, afterall I do over 300 shows a year. I have an idea of what audiences enjoy.

Yours,
Diamond Jim Tyler
http://www.diamond-jim.com
Didier Chantome
View Profile
New user
FRANCE
57 Posts

Diamond Jim,

Of course, with 300 shows a year, I don't doubt you have a very clear idea of what audiences enjoy !

I'm sure that for people liking MAGIC, the oui-ja card is a beautiful card trick in your clever hands.

I just think that the playing card has no place behind the oui-ja card in a mental/bizarre/weird context...

In this field, I hardly believe that people wants to see the board answering their questions. So the "plain back" card can be a very good idea for mentalism...

It's somehing else, nothing to see with conjuring or your product.

Best regards

Didier
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4484 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Having the Ouija board reveal a Tarot card would be more appropriate than a playing card...

:firedevil:
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Diamond Jim
View Profile
V.I.P.
Diamond Jim Tyler
222 Posts

Profile of Diamond Jim
Dear readers,

Due to popular demand THE OUIJA CARD has evolved. One can now order the "playing card version" or the "plain back version" or the "deluxe ouija card" which includes both.

For more info visit:
http://www.diamond-jim.com/originals

Yours,
DJ
Maynooth
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
105 Posts

Profile of Maynooth
Philemon,

Thanks again for another fantastic site! Smile

Great reference material.
cheers
Maynooth
The race is long and in the end it is only with one's self.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Well, I used this last night ( Halloween ) and it killed. I just found this thread because I wanted to know if anyone used this. WOW-you are missing out on a great effect if you don't carry this.

Jim is right-having a playing card on the back can take the sting out of it as peopel can believe this is spook driven.

But, I like folks to think that, so I ddin't use the card on the back, but instead had a dup in an enevelope on the table. KILLER!!!!!!!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Just remember that the "modern" plying cards do have corresponding symbols to the minor cards in the Tarot, in fact, in some areas, where the Tarot might spell ones death or punishmnet, playing cards are used the same way- this small bit of explanation should be all that is needed to work this into the bizarre, otherwise, consider a Tarot back! surely the most basic of mages can learn to affix either temp or permanently a card of suitable nature if need be!
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
DJ...that's what I call excellent customer response'! Nice job.
Only beef is, this is in the wrong thread. Smile
Some neat tricks on your site.
Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
470 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Do not put yourselves into too small a BOX.

You should take any effect and adapt it to your own style.

It is possible to combine Tarot and 'ordinary' playing cards with the correct presentation. I've seen people make some really great 'bizarre' effects look crap!

I've also seen others make a 'naff' card effect into an entertaining miracle.

Think outside the box - do not get trapped inside it.

Black Hart
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1935 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Here, here! I have to agree with Black Hart. I really don't care what the piece is, if I have some ideas on, as Emeril says, "Cranking it up a notch", then it's good to me.

Very often, our audience doesn't hold the same distinctions or prejudices about magic that we do.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Magickman
View Profile
Elite user
St.Petersburg, Fl.
402 Posts

Profile of Magickman
Sometimes it amazes me how closed minded we are.
I have the effect and use it. And no its not just a card trick. If it is you have forgotten presentation.
Please remember Penn and Teller are bizarre magicians!
They just don't use (for the most part) dark magic.
Like Mr. Hart said, don't get trapped inside a box, leave that to the Mimes!!!

Magickman
What man knows he calls Science
What he has yet to learn he calls Magick
Both are real!

_Tony Andruzzi_
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » This is Bizarre (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL