The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Mogar Giant Color Changing Knives (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
OK, I know that there are a couple of threads that discuss color changing knives, why use them (why not?) and which are the best or best available. There is even a thread discussing which set of knives is best for Wit Hayden’s “Distraction” routine. So why one more thread?

I’ve always liked the color changing knives (even if most people didn’t carry them anymore) and wanted to have a platform, stand-up routine that could be visible for moderate to large size audiences. That takes a big knife. Merrill used to make a large version of his color changing knives but I never bothered to buy a set when they were available.

Well, Joe Mogar, now produces two very large knives. He has a Jumbo at 5.5 inches and a Giant at 4.5 inches. The Giant Knives are very easy to use. They are built to do the necessary move without fumbling and with ease. I have a small hand but the knife is easily covered when it is in the closed hand (my routine always has the bolster (metal end plate) sticking out of the hand). This allows the performer to perform all of the routines and most of the moves that are used with a standard size (three inch) knife.

I ran into Mr. Mogar recently at a convention. He showed me his Giant knives and allowed me to play with them extensively. Well, long story short, I liked them, found them easy to use, and bought what I needed for the routine I wanted to build. The knives come in the plastic handle (red and white) the stag handle (black), and a Rainbow (hot rod) handle. Double knives are made in almost any combination of the handles.

The knives are multipurpose in my act. I use one of the knives for a card stab and have used it to cut open the lemon for the bill to lemon.

They are very visible, play well, and are the typical superior, well made, Joe Mogar product. I like them very much, and if you want a stand-up, color changing knife routine, so will you! I am a very satisfied customer (I have owned one of his standard sets for over 12 years! Now I have one of his Giant sets and am very pleased).

You can find Mr. Mogar’s products on his website at: http://joemogar.tripod.com/index.html
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Mogar Giant Color Changing Knives (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL