The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Richard Osterlind is the MAN!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
triXter9669
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of triXter9669
Sorry, just had to say that! Can't wait for your new dvd's to hit. PM me if you could slip me some before they hit the market for some extra cash. Smile Just messin with ya.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
An extremely interesting post indeed!
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Tom DV
View Profile
Special user
694 Posts

Profile of Tom DV
Well quite. I'm afraid Richard no longer frequents the Café, though he will be a guest here quite soon I believe - so I'm sure you can let him know then!

(He is the man)

Tom.

***, looks like I missed his guest appearance at the caf.

Well, that's my week sorted - going through all the threads.

Tom.
tunafish
View Profile
Regular user
Everett, Wa
137 Posts

Profile of tunafish
I keep reading that Richard will no longer frequent the Café. Did he say this in a post, or are people jumping to conclusions. I remember there being some heated discussions about preshow work, is this the reason that he will no longer frequent?

Thanks,

Matt
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2005-08-02 22:59, tunafish wrote:
I keep reading that Richard will no longer frequent the Café. Did he say this in a post, or are people jumping to conclusions. I remember there being some heated discussions about preshow work, is this the reason that he will no longer frequent?

Thanks,

Matt

He said this himself awhile back, then did his week here, but I saw he posted a few times recently.
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Gentlemen,

I will post occassionaly given how much time I have.

Richard
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Quote:
On 2005-08-03 20:43, Richard Osterlind wrote:
Gentlemen,

I will post occassionaly given how much time I have.

Richard

My only hope is that the "naysayers" who tend to engage fingers before waking up the brain, will not return.

Your ODDS Richard is one of the best systems for design duplcation that I've seen. I've made a set using your instructions in "Essays" and with the exception of a single word replacement, have found it to be every bit as promised.

By the way, six months ago I made a promise to myself that after getting your ETMMM set I'd pull the plug on getting anymore DVDs, I've got more than enough now to draw from, in addition to the books, hard copy and e-book, to keep me out of trouble for several years...

Then you come along and announce six more DVDs coming soon....

*SIGH*...well after THIS set comes out I'll pull the plug.....

(Unless of course you, Maven, Earle, Cassidy et al do something more to tempt me..)
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
He's releasing a new e-book tomorrow, Aug 5th. Check out his site: http://www.osterlindmysteries.com/products.htm
I know what I'LL be doing at midnight!! Ordering and reading.
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
457 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
Quote:
On 2005-08-04 01:54, mindguy wrote:

Then you come along and announce six more DVDs coming soon....

If it helps ease your pocketbook strain, the new set, a continuation of "Mind Mysteries" in that it's Richard's original material, will be three volumes.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Great to hear, thanks Jim. I know its reduntant but any idea of a release date yet?

PS: Nice video intro on the website for the new book:)
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
457 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
Quote:
On 2005-08-05 02:34, Candini wrote:
Great to hear, thanks Jim. I know its reduntant but any idea of a release date yet?

It should be October or so, from the last information I've received.

Quote:
PS: Nice video intro on the website for the new book:)

Thanks. I'm putting the final cosmetic touches on the book right now for its launch tonight. It's probably Richard's best book, at least in my estimation, if not his most passionate one.
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Jim, I know we don't give you as much credit as we ought, for doing so much grunt work and doing the invisible work of the Osterlind & Sisti team. Let me thank you now for making sure these works reach fruition -- and us.

*jeep!
--Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
Quote:
On 2005-08-05 19:10, mormonyoyoman wrote:
Jim, I know we don't give you as much credit as we ought, for doing so much grunt work and doing the invisible work of the Osterlind & Sisti team. Let me thank you now for making sure these works reach fruition -- and us.

*jeep!
--Chet

A big fate ditto!!!
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Richard is more than the MAN... he is a Super MAN. One of the great thinkers and performers of mentalism.

By the way, ODDS is a brilliant routine and I've combined it with other routines so for those that want a little spin on it then...
I call it LAS VEGAS ODDS THIEF. I'm not going to go into all the details because it involves three different marketed or published routines, but here is the basic premise... You use the ODDS cards and have five people pick five different words. Now you do a version of Maven's Las Vegas Pulse Reading with the first four so that each gets an individual reading that has to do with telling if they are lying or not about the word they chose. At the end you have one person you have not done so you decide to end with another type of presentation and have them draw their word which you duplicate.
For those that know Sneak Thief, Las Vegas Pulse Reading and ODDS, I'm sure you'll be able to fill in the details.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
graemesd
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of graemesd
I have to say that he really is theman too.
I have read his stuf over and over.
at the weekend I received mind mysteries and his performance style blue me away.
I prefer osterlind to banachek anyday. Am I alone on this one - I love banacheks material but I'm not big on his performance style - dunnno why. don't get me wrong his performances ar flawless and his material v strong but it just didn't do it for me.
richard osterlind you are indeed the man
ranpink
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
252 Posts

Profile of ranpink
Richard Osterlind has taught us so much about our craft. His work is required study for anyone who is serious about mentalism. A great thinker and performer.
Creator of CUT

T-REX

Abnormal Behavior

ZEN SYSTEM

tāctilis

White Room

Think Pink - Central Intelligence

http://www.worldwidemagic.com
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Looking at this subject title, I can't help but wonder what gender triXter was expecting.

But I'm really posting to ask Greg (public'ly, so everyone can benefit) if Las Vegas Pulse Reading is still in print anywhere, and just what "Sneak Thief" is.

*jeep!
--Ignorant Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Quote:
On 2005-08-23 06:57, mormonyoyoman wrote:
and just what "Sneak Thief" is.

Sneak Thief is a Larry Becker creation and can be found in Stunners Plus.

Iain.
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Thanks, Iain!

*jeep!
--Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Las Vegas Pulse Reading is a Maven routine. He's put it in several of his lecture notes. The first time I saw it was in his lecture notes from the 70s called CardTricks For People Who Don't Like Card Tricks And Some For Those Who Do.

It's a great routine that plays big and is very easy to do. It's a multiphase Lie Detector type of routine where four or five people pick cards and you are able to tell which cards they picked by holding their wrists and feeling their pulse... when they lie you know and say so. Each phase gets progressively harder and ends with a surprise kicker.

So for those that know Sneak Thief, Las Vegas & ODDS you can combine the three so that four or five people pick WORD cards and you slowly go to each spectator and figure out what word they have by feeling their pulse... each phase becomes a little harder. The last one you are able to draw.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Richard Osterlind is the MAN!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL