The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Pivot Pen by M. Sibbernsen (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Yesterday, I received an airmail letter from USA with an effect called Pivot Pen. I can tell you directly this is a great thing. Looks very wierd.

Effect: A pen magically rotates at your fingertips.

I have already performed this effect in an impromtu situation with a great result.
It's very easy to perform and you can use it for many different types of situations...

http://www.waterloomagic.com/sale.html
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Edited for message clarity:

It was sold to me under the claim it would spin round and round in your hand like a spinning wand.

Since I had a sack full of effects, I paid him and put it in the bag without looking at it or seeing a demo.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
MichaelSibbernsen
View Profile
Special user
Omaha, NE
513 Posts

Profile of MichaelSibbernsen
Kjellstrom,

Thank you so much, I'm glad you enjoy the effect. It has been very popular with my own close-up, stand-up, and lecture performances.

KingStardog,

I'm sorry the dealer who sold you the PivotPen did so with a false claim.

I made every effort to clearly and honestly state the effect on the packaging, my web site, and in any other advertising (which used my ad copy).

If you still have the pen, and are unable to use it in your work, I would be happy to purchase it from you.

Let me know via a PM.

Best in Magic,

Michael Sibbernsen

PivotPen info page with Video Demo:
http://waterloomagic.com/PivotPen.html
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2054 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Michael,

The video clip looks great. Just one question: What type of pen is used? It looks like a basic Bic round stic, but I couldn't tell for sure.

Quinn
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
No Michael,

I was not let down in the effect, at all. I was disappointed that it was sold under a wand spin type of explanation. (Ok, the dealer and I both can read, so shame on both of us.)

I have since come up with a few ideas that more than justify keeping it, so no, you can't have mine back. Smile

My earlier post was somewhat misleading, and more a comment as to how I happen to have one, than quality of the effect.

Please accept my apologies as the comment could be considered both off topic and in poor taste.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
MichaelSibbernsen
View Profile
Special user
Omaha, NE
513 Posts

KingStardog,

Thank you for your kind follow-up post. I'm also glad you have found a place for PivotPen in your work. I get a lot of mileage out of that little pen; I hope you will as well.

Best in Magic and Mentalism,

Michael Sibbernsen
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
This is true; I did this pen effect after I had signed a paper at a company, the manager went absolutely silent and then he ask me if I could do it again and I did.
He was very impressed and I followed by a quick mentalism effect. Directly he told me that I must do this and more at the companys next event. I now I have a magic booking thanks to this pen (not bad). I can soon buy hundreds of this amazing pen after this show Smile Sometimes its very fun to do impromptu magic.

Thanks for that M. Sibbernsen.
MichaelSibbernsen
View Profile
Special user
Omaha, NE
513 Posts

Kjellstrom,

You just made my day. Nice work!

MS
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Almost 6 years later Smile

Is there any video demo still available?

Thank you
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Pivot Pen by M. Sibbernsen (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL