The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Visual Bill Changes...Which do you prefer? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
Tivoli's Switch is here:

http://arthur.tivoli.free.fr
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I guess none of you ever saw Johnny Paul do his bill switch and routine. Too bad. It was beyond baffling... truly magical and ENTERTAINING.

Briefly... He would borrow a bill... TEAR IT UP and (when conditions were right-at his bar) then toss the pieces on the floor... Just then a guy would come by with a broom and dustpan and sweep up the torn pieces and vanish into the crowd.

He (Johnny) would then produce the bill... and toss it onto the bar. When the loanee would reach for it the bill would dance across the bar to Johnny, he would pick it up and hand it to the spectator.

You never, NEVER, saw a get-ready or a hookup or release of the T****D -- it just happened.

I am not sure if it is on the Stevens Video or not, but if it is you must see it.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2005-08-10 11:43, sdmagic wrote:
Tivoli's Switch is here:

http://arthur.tivoli.free.fr

Hey thanks, sdmagic. I like it and no bills need to be destroyed to do it.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Conus
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of Conus
I am partial to Arthur's switch Smile
Azaziel
View Profile
New user
California
51 Posts

Profile of Azaziel
I agree with evole.. its great theres very little set up and not as pricey as hundy..
The greatest tick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
tlfdoc
View Profile
New user
Appleton, WI
27 Posts

Profile of tlfdoc
I like Hypnobill as well as the traditional Kozlowski hundred dollar bill switch. Two more that are very good and I haven't seen mentioned are David Regal's The Origami Bill and John Carney's The Logical Bill Trick. Regal's is on his DVD More Tricks! The Magic of David Regal vol. 2, and Carney's is in his book Carneycopia as well as on a Stevens Greater Magic Video Library volume on John Carney.
kaigan
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of kaigan
I second (third?) Daniel Garcia's Twisted. Not quite as visual as something like the Infinity Switch, since you do fold the bill up, but it looks incredibly clean the entire way through.

HB
Matt Morell
View Profile
Loyal user
Norwich, CT.
257 Posts

Profile of Matt Morell
There's also Visi-Bill by Richard Sanders. If someone already mentioned it, then sorry. I skimmed through the posts kind of quick.

Yes, it's a fold-type change with a gimmick but it still looks pretty visual.

Matt
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Profile of Jesse Feinberg
I came up with a visual bill/card change that I'm still working on... its very visual and ungimmicked. its as simple as bill switch Arthur has contributed. Thank you by the way... Does anyone have any sources that would describe a few types of switches, maybe older handlings...? I want to build up some knowledge.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2005-08-12 21:43, Jessiah wrote:
I came up with a visual bill/card change that I'm still working on... its very visual and ungimmicked. its as simple as bill switch Arthur has contributed. Thank you by the way... Does anyone have any sources that would describe a few types of switches, maybe older handlings...? I want to build up some knowledge.

How will it differ from your cool Cash Card? ....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Profile of Jesse Feinberg
Its completely different. you can easily swap out a folded card or bill or biz card... you can show your hands both empty with out having to slide anything around behind, and no gimmicks at all. just the two objects. I think it looks flawless, but I want to design a couple of routined handlings first. overall, its undetectable, and is really easy to do. that's the most important thing for me, is having plenty of confidence that the trick isn't gunna mess up because of some gaff or TT. email me if you have any q's. its name is "interchange".
Jonton
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
336 Posts

Profile of Jonton
I like the looks of Hundy 500, but I don't like the fact that you don't end clean. I LOVE Gregory Wilson's Foriegn Exchange. It starts out as a $1 bill, then you fold it once and it changes to a Euro (or any bill from any country), fold it again and it changes to another country, fold it again and it does the same, then you slowly unfold it and it changes into a $100 dollar bill. You are free to hand it out (if youre willing to risk loosing 100 bucks). It's on Greg's In Action set. I think its Volume 3, not sure though.
~Jonton
I Came, I Saw, I Conjured
www.jontaylornyc.com
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
I like #12, in the Ron Bauer "Private Studies Series", best, myself...

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2005-08-14 23:24, Paul Chosse wrote:
I like #12, in the Ron Bauer "Private Studies Series", best, myself...

Best, PSC

Paul,

Ha-Ha!! Now THAT'S funny.

Mike

P.S. As way of explanation, #12 in the Ron Bauer series is entitled: "Paul Chosse's Bar Bill Stunt". Paul, in his infinite modesty, fails to call that fact to our attention. A great routine that Paul so generously released to the public. Thanks, Paul.

Note: In the 2nd edition of this manuscript, Ron Bauer describes four different presentations:

Presentation One: The Chosse Favorite
Presentation Two: Drawn Instead of Quartered
Presentation Three: The Powers Payoff (i.e., Mike Powers)
Presentation Four: The Bauer Befuddler
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
AngeJudor
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of AngeJudor
I also love Arthur's bill switch !

thank's again Arthur for it !

Ange.

PS: et merci pour les vidéos sur les ballons également ;-)
Oliver - Twist
View Profile
Regular user
France
170 Posts

Profile of Oliver - Twist
Hello to everybody,

Now I've got two stupid questions :

Which of all these bill switches mentioned above can be presented nearly surrounded where you could use a borrowed bill in the beginning and hand out the "new" bill at the end ?

I'm just curious, because there're so many bill switches on the market.

I hesitate purchasing either Richard Sanders Visi-Bill or "The Invisible Switch". Which one is easier to handle and to learn.

Until know I work with the Mike Kozlowsky Bill Switch, but I hate using a the gimmick. I recently got aswell "Dream Bill" by Renato, but I'm not happy with it either.
I like the Tivoli version.

Could I please get any advise. If needed PM me.

Thanks a lot in advance.
May all your days be magical

Oliver Twist
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Go with Tivioli's bill switch , and there is nothing to purchase it is a give away
and one of the strongest impromptu effects ,,
Thank you Arthur for your generosity and this brilliant routine.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Oliver - Twist
View Profile
Regular user
France
170 Posts

Thanks Vinny for your advise.

What about Money Morph ? I've heard it's an excellent switch without a gimmick.

Another question : Why Sean Fields came out with the Infinity Switch, knowing that he invented before his Cream Trick ? Is the effect the same, but he found a better handling for the switch ?

And a last question for the road : Where can I find a video of Lonnie Chevrie showing the Grandpa's Dollar Bill Switch without buying his DVD ? Just to see how it looks like.

Thanks again.

Oliver Twist
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Oliver write to ted b known as koz on the Café he might be able to direct you in seeing the grandp[as bill switch.However I would highly recommend Lonnies dvds his other material is visual and well worth it dvds OUTLAW AND CAPTURED.
Lonnie bill swuitch on the Outlaw dvd it is by far in my opinion the very best to date.
as for money morph I thought this effect used a tt but not certain
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Oliver - Twist
View Profile
Regular user
France
170 Posts

Thanks a lot for your advice Vinny.

If I pm him under Ted B or just Koz, will I find him ?

Oliver Twist
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Visual Bill Changes...Which do you prefer? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL