The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » One LAST question before my purchase. brainstorm vs. sleight of dave. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

enigmaticmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle
313 Posts

Profile of enigmaticmagic
I was asking for some closers. and it turns out one of them might be perfect from sleight of dave. it also turns out, that everyone seems to put this set in high regard. if you had the choice. would you get sleight of dave. or brainstorm with a bulk order of playing cards...?
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3730 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Brainstorm. Hands down.
Matt Bartz
View Profile
Loyal user
Gilbert, Arizona
253 Posts

Profile of Matt Bartz
I'd say those two dvds are two different animals. Both are great; but they are very different.

Slight of Dave contains a collection of a broad range of magic; cards, coins, etc.
Brainstorm contains all card effects.

Slight of Dave is performed for the camera.
Brainstorm is done infront of a live audience.

Both: Are tried and true routines that these magicians use or used in their working repetoires with great success.

Pick your poison. Eventually, it would be good to own both.

Out of curiosity, what was the effect that you are thinking will make a great closer for you?

Matt
Alejandro Peterson
View Profile
Elite user
México
408 Posts

Profile of Alejandro Peterson
Brain Storm is the best choice
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2211 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
I must agree Brainstorm... I love David Williamson, however I would choose his Magic Farm dvd over Sleight Of Dave.. but first choice would still be Brainstorm
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
enigmaticmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle
313 Posts

My closer will eventually be a quick card to pocket routine. ending with 51 cards to pocket. preeceeding that is an acr. and before that is be honest what is it by eddie fetcher. or I might change my opener later on. but right now I'm deffinately getting brainstorm. unless I save up and get everything at once. I might just do so.
Adam Hince
View Profile
Elite user
Pittsburgh, PA
482 Posts

Profile of Adam Hince
Williamson has an amazing presentation for Be Honest What is it? It turns a one phase trick into a 3 phase miracle with a killer climax. I love it. I've been doing it at my recent gigs and it's been killing. All that aside, you will still probably find more material that you will do, on John G's Brainstorm set. "Lost and Found", "Clairvoyance", plus an extremely motivated ACR routine that LOGICALLY ends with a card to wallet.
love2laugh
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of love2laugh
BRAINSTORM!! No doubt about it!

L2L
enigmaticmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle
313 Posts

Oh man. daniel garcias dvds are out. time to save up... but brainstorm must come first!
still_ill
View Profile
Loyal user
florida
201 Posts

Profile of still_ill
I only have brainstorm...so I don't know how it compares...but it's great and well worth the money
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1444 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Brainstorm
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » One LAST question before my purchase. brainstorm vs. sleight of dave. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL