The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coinvanish vol 1 or vol 2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Coinvanish vol 1 or vol 2 just wondering which one is better .. well let me correct that not so much BETTER but which one should I get first? Eventually I know will get both. But should I begin with the first or second? I know it sounds stupid. but I don't know just keep moving the mouse back and forth .
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Depends, do you have a sun.moon? a flipper?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Paisa, both or good bets - nice stuff in each. But it's always good to start at the beginning. Dan's books flow from one to the other, with loads of good stuff along the way...I wouldn't miss any of the journey if I were you...Smile Heck, so far it's only 2 books long...I'm sure you can catch up pretty fast...Smile But if you're really in a dither about it, since you'll probably be getting both as you said, then just get both upfront and start at the beginning. You won't be dissapointed. Smile -MB
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
GetRubiensteins videos vol 1 and 2
ypu will learn much fastwr and have the privilage of seeing the good DR, take you through all the steps ........
highly recommended
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Thanks again to all I have ordered the first one PDF and might order the second. As far as the Rubiensteins which ones ? I know he has a few out and I also know he just came out with some new dvd's
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Sun.moon? a flipper?, to be honest I do not have a Flipper actually I have never seen it done either, but I have taken a break from cards and trying to get into a lot of coin material. Could you give me some links to the Flipper , as far as Sun and moon I do not have that either. like I said I stayed away from coin magic and only really have Johnson's S/C/B and Hopping Halves and I read that coin vanish two has a great routine, and I recently learned some shoot and appolo stuff but I want to get more into it, so any links would be great..
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Jon, I don't have any routines Sun and Moon coin set. Marion, thanks for the nice words, Vinny thanks for the endorsement... er wait, that wasn't for me Smile

Personally, I like CV2 more because it represents a lot of growth in my coin magic compared to the stuff in CV1. I tend to use more of the stuff from CV2. Though I use Double Take Transpo, Lightning C/S from CV1 a lot as well.

Dan
Click to visit:
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Dan I ordered it a while ago , how long does it usually take to recieve the PDF file?
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Ok now I got both, you guys talked me into it. Ok well waiting to get a Set from Coingaffs. kinda out of my range. pluse I needed to S@@lls and right now cant afford the set, any way here is where I need ya, Im reading through the pages and what would be the best Flipper to get , I am only familiar with Johnson Products.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Whoops, sorry Dan I was thinking of "barmagic", Mike's offering.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Is something wrong with The Coingaff site? All I get is a count down. GOing to try toget his flipper.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Looks like he took it down for a redesign or something.
Click to visit:
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Oh ok got ya, well I sent him an e-mail see what I can do.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
SORRY DAN I did not mean shine you on,,,,lol of course books amd dvds should go hand and hand,,,,,,, please accept my apoligies...
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
magicday
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of magicday
As not a coinguy, please let me know what is a sun and noon coin ? how does it look . Thanks
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I actually first became interested in Dan's books by seeing him do one of the most simplest tricks in the repetoire...Lightning Copper/Silver. Smile Boy, what a great quickie that amazes folks...Smile Reminds me of the sort of things my man Vinny comes up with all the time...No gaffs, just sleights and good routining. Gotta love it! Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Hey Vin, no apologies needed, I was just needling you a bit.

Marion, I have a DVD coming out probably this month that has Lightining C/S, and a few other unpublished ungimmicked routines I use. So if that is your cup o' tea... Of course it will have some of the other gimmicked routines I use as well. Everything taught is all walk around, no table stuff, often having the magic happen in your spectator's hands.
Click to visit:
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Dan, I'll have to add that to my list along with Vinny The Godfather's upcoming dvd, "La Famiglia." Smile Truly, these are offers you can't refuse. Thanks, man. Smile

paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
That sounds great Dan and still reading thorugh your books, Let me know when the DVD come out.
jdknight
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of jdknight
Jamie Schoolcraft (COINGAFFS) makes a really nice flipper. It will lay flat and is easy to work with. If you can, get his Deans Set, along with a flipper, a copper/silver, an expanded S___, and another english penny all milled to work together. That will give you what you need to keep you busy learning coin stuff fo quite some time and will also give you a set that you will be proud to own. Just practice on carpet or over a rug. Then, for a really nice routine, Chris Korn's Radical Korn "Coppa Silva" is not too difficult to start with and allows you to develop a simple patter so you can focus on the coin work.
Darren
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coinvanish vol 1 or vol 2 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL