The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Ted Annemann (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
London
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A.
768 Posts

Profile of London
Quote:
On 2007-05-16 10:56, DStachowiak wrote:
Years ago, there was an old magician in Baltimore who performed under the stage name "Dantini."
He had a regular nightly gig at the Peabody Book Store Café.
One night I was sitting with him in the Café having coffee, and he told me that Annemann had committed suicide because his wife had taken up with another man, he was in deep financial trouble, and he was having trouble preparing for a tour he had booked because he had dental problems he could not afford to have fixed.
I don't have any way to verify any of this, it's just a story an old magician passed along to me, but it would be interesting to find out if any or all of it was accurate.

I have heard this story somewhere as well. Also Heard some interesting stories from Jay Marshall at Abbotts years ago.
THOUGHTfully,

LONDON
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1010 Posts

Profile of Jerry
The Abrams book is not expensive if you were to combine the cost of purchasing everything written by Annemann. The Abrams hardbound book will last a lot longer then the paperback versions.
Also the book contains biographical information.

Jerry
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 01:28, Jerry wrote:
The Abrams book is not expensive if you were to combine the cost of purchasing everything written by Annemann. The Abrams hardbound book will last a lot longer then the paperback versions.
Also the book contains biographical information.

Jerry

It is beginning to show up at the local swap meets and auctions for list price and under. Yay magic clubs!
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1010 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Set aside a cup or jar, throw whatever you can whenever you can into it (spare change).
Check once a year or every six months, see where you are at. That's how I bought my cell phone (it was a really cheap phone BTW).
It's been nearly ten years since you first post this question, you could have easily save up the amount using this method.

Jerry
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4724 Posts

Profile of landmark
L and L has the Abrams book as an ebook if the budget is still a problem...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Ted Annemann (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL