The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Does any body knows how to do fan manipulation... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
cupmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of cupmagic
Once I saw Japanese magicians performing fan production and I kinda like it..I do also been to shoot web site and he performed fan production too..

Is there any where I can get to learn about fan production/manipulation.

Thanks
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
I am in the same boat. I saw Shoot Ogawa perform that fan production live once. It had me baffled! Unfortunately I have been working on this for some time now and havent gotten very successful. If you PM me maybe we could work out the solution together.

Derek Merdinyan
Pavel
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Pavel
You can use the vanishing pen move from Jay Sankeys 45
"Truth without Magic does not exist" J.Faulz
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
I have done some fanproductions and do some moves from a pervious act. I would be happy to share some ideas and tested concepts with anyone who might be intersted. Just PM me.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Pavel
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Pavel
For videos of fan manipulation download videos from laurentberetta.com
He is a very good magician, that is really cool
cupmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of cupmagic
I definate got the idea how it works...but I believe that we need to find the correct type of fan.. from the shoot video..it seems like the fan is extreme thin..therefore it is able to be load tons of it to be produce...

So do you have anyidea where to obtain the fans ? Secondly...I believe someone created this production if not where do shoot and other great manipulators learn from ?

Quote:
On 2005-08-07 12:12, DerekMerdinyan wrote:
I am in the same boat. I saw Shoot Ogawa perform that fan production live once. It had me baffled! Unfortunately I have been working on this for some time now and havent gotten very successful. If you PM me maybe we could work out the solution together.

Derek Merdinyan
cupmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of cupmagic
Vanishing Pen move ? You mean doing flip stick move as what we do to canes/wands... ?

Quote:
On 2005-08-07 15:45, Pavel wrote:
You can use the vanishing pen move from Jay Sankeys 45
cupmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of cupmagic
Cool magic4u02..

nice to hear that you had done some cool fan productions..Well I wonder did you created the moves and the making of fans yourself or you gotten the materials from other great manipulators or some great instructional tapes... ?

Quote:
On 2005-08-07 21:32, magic4u02 wrote:
I have done some fanproductions and do some moves from a pervious act. I would be happy to share some ideas and tested concepts with anyone who might be intersted. Just PM me.

Kyle
cupmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of cupmagic
Thanks pavel....Thanks a lot for the link. I did once see his card production once before and I didn't know that he is laurent berreta..I love his production simple fast pace and cool. He fan production is cool too. Especially the last part where he balance the third fan on his face...Thats was awesome.

Quote:
On 2005-08-10 07:04, Pavel wrote:
For videos of fan manipulation download videos from laurentberetta.com
He is a very good magician, that is really cool
Pavel
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Pavel
Yes, cupmagic, the same as with a wand. I loved laurents routine too.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Cup:

When I work on a manipulative act or routine for my shows, I always try and think past the norm. This has led me to using different objects and modifying moves I have already learned to be able to do manipulations with objects that we can say are quite different.

The fan ideas I came up with are adaptations developed off of flip stick moves and candle moves using silks. I also learned a lot about body steals with fans simply by experimenting with what worked and what did not.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22437 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The book 'The Magic of Alan Wakeling' has a nice fan routine in it. It will give you the basics to develope your own routine. The problem with this type of magic production is it is so much a part of the performer. Shoot and Beretta acts demonstrate this. Fast steals, good stage movement make this work for them. It is totally misdirection.

If you would attempt to copy their moves it would not work at all. It is part of their personality. They put in the time and effort required and you must do the same. You have the examples from the video on the internet. That is a leap ahead of anyone before you. Study the video until you understand and them start working on your moves. If you want the secret it is timing, misdirection, along with well thought out steals from your person or stage equipment.

Good luck! Let us know how you are developing your fan productions.
cupmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of cupmagic
So Pavel, any good source of flip stick moves/materials to reccomend. I love flip stick move too..

I gone thru the Café and I found that the best video material to learn flip stick move is from http://www.llpub.com/zenshop/index.php?m......_id=2130

Quote:
On 2005-08-10 15:37, Pavel wrote:
Yes, cupmagic, the same as with a wand. I loved laurents routine too.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22437 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
From reading the post Shoot has some material on flip wand stuff.
cupmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of cupmagic
Hi Magic4u02,

Its is great to hear some great advise from you.. So is there any good production/manipulation material to reccomend ?
Quote:
On 2005-08-10 19:44, magic4u02 wrote:
Cup:

When I work on a manipulative act or routine for my shows, I always try and think past the norm. This has led me to using different objects and modifying moves I have already learned to be able to do manipulations with objects that we can say are quite different.

The fan ideas I came up with are adaptations developed off of flip stick moves and candle moves using silks. I also learned a lot about body steals with fans simply by experimenting with what worked and what did not.

Kyle
cupmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of cupmagic
Hmm... The Magic Of Alan Wakeling..This book is a great desire for me. Its a great book that I always wanted on the shelf. From what I had heard and found, I realise that the books contains lots of information from manipulation to illusions. I just wonder whether my research is right.

So Wmhegbli..Do you have this book ? What else does the book says other than the fan production..any good pointers or other kind of manipulation move ?

Quote:
On 2005-08-10 21:48, wmhegbli wrote:
The book 'The Magic of Alan Wakeling' has a nice fan routine in it. It will give you the basics to develope your own routine. The problem with this type of magic production is it is so much a part of the performer. Shoot and Beretta acts demonstrate this. Fast steals, good stage movement make this work for them. It is totally misdirection.

If you would attempt to copy their moves it would not work at all. It is part of their personality. They put in the time and effort required and you must do the same. You have the examples from the video on the internet. That is a leap ahead of anyone before you. Study the video until you understand and them start working on your moves. If you want the secret it is timing, misdirection, along with well thought out steals from your person or stage equipment.

Good luck! Let us know how you are developing your fan productions.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22437 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
It is a big book with a lot of white space, meaning not a lot of material. Just his material. I had 2 copies and sold one on the Café last year. It cost $85 new. Published by Jim Steinmeyer. It has his billard ball routine, Stull gold fish production. Color changing gloves. His complete Fan act. I think it was very classy. An egg bag routine. Ideas from his scrap book and his life history.

The fan act is bare hand production and ending in a giant fan. He used his assistant/wife for the finale.
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
I myself have been working on fan productions for years. Only in the past couple of months have I made any real head way. I finally constructed a special something that aids in the production, but as it has been said before, it is all in the secret steal during the misdirection.

In most cases like this, I would offer people help or tell them sorta how I do it. Yet because I have been working on this for so long, I want to keep this as my sort of thing (my method). Obviously I cant stop you from producing fans (I would actually encourage it) but I can stop you from and others from copying my act. If you want help with other things, let me know and I will gladly do, but this I wont help you with.

Again, I will repeat, the secret is in the manipulation, and the fast steals.

Derek Merdinyan
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22437 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2005-08-10 23:37, DerekMerdinyan wrote:
I myself have been working on fan productions for years. Only in the past couple of months have I made any real head way. I finally constructed a special something that aids in the production, but as it has been said before, it is all in the secret steal during the misdirection.

In most cases like this, I would offer people help or tell them sorta how I do it. Yet because I have been working on this for so long, I want to keep this as my sort of thing (my method). Obviously I cant stop you from producing fans (I would actually encourage it) but I can stop you from and others from copying my act. If you want help with other things, let me know and I will gladly do, but this I wont help you with.

Again, I will repeat, the secret is in the manipulation, and the fast steals.

Derek Merdinyan

I am sorry, but I do not feel you have any ownership to fan productions. Other have been doing it long before you. Shamada has more ownership then you.

You go from I have been working on, to, "I will stop you", what a statement! I am sorry, but I do not recognize your name as anyone famous in the magic community. Even so, you cannot have any claim to fan productions.
cupmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of cupmagic
If that book is too good to be true. If that's the case why am I still replying this post... as I should make my way to place a order for this. I believe this is another great book to be looking forward in my mailbox...haha !!

Quote:
On 2005-08-10 23:29, wmhegbli wrote:
It is a big book with a lot of white space, meaning not a lot of material. Just his material. I had 2 copies and sold one on the Café last year. It cost $85 new. Published by Jim Steinmeyer. It has his billard ball routine, Stull gold fish production. Color changing gloves. His complete Fan act. I think it was very classy. An egg bag routine. Ideas from his scrap book and his life history.

The fan act is bare hand production and ending in a giant fan. He used his assistant/wife for the finale.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Does any body knows how to do fan manipulation... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL