The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Does any body knows how to do fan manipulation... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
cupmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of cupmagic
Well people, I dun wish this thread to die here.. I hope that this thread will accumulate all the sources for fan production...or anything that can achieve this production. E.g flip stick move, body load and other excellent materials to lead this fan production.

I do really hope that you could contribute every little bit and I believe in long run this article is a good reference for those who want to know more...so keep snowballing.

Thanks
maylor
View Profile
Loyal user
england
231 Posts

Profile of maylor
Derek's post included the following

"Obviously I cant stop you from producing fans (I would actually encourage it)"

He wasn't claming any ownership for fan productions.
maylor
View Profile
Loyal user
england
231 Posts

Profile of maylor
Derek's post included the following

"Obviously I cant stop you from producing fans (I would actually encourage it)"

He wasn't claming any ownership for fan productions.
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
Amen Maylor!

I was not claiming fan productions. I was saying that I had a method for doing it that goes beyond slights and uses a special something to help me acomplish it. I cant stop you from producing fans, ( I would actually encourage it), but I can stop you from using a method that only I know.

A lot of people on this site is consistantly trying to copy the latest effect that someone got famous for so they could get in on the ride. Half the people say that you shouldnt copy it, the others barge on through anyway to copy and duplicate the effect. What I was saying above is I am trying to stop people from copying my act exactly.

Wmhegbli- I hope you can now see my point?

Derek Merdinyan
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22450 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Derek,

I think you are safe. Keep your 'special something' a secret. If you hadn't mentioned it I would not have known you has a 'special something', but you let the 'cat out of the bag' now.

Hope to catch your act one day. Good luck!
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
I think Derek's biggest and life-long challenge will be to keep that 'special something' or secret to himself. Good luck there. I believe the only way to keep the idea from being outright stolen or improved upon is to NEVER perform before an audience.

The greatest (past and present) inventors of magic came to see their brain child stolen or put back out on the market with a new dress and name. Even the patented/copyrighted creations have been ripped - one minor change and it's considered "new" in some cases.

The magic discussion groups and news groups are filled with thousands of posts regarding ripped effects.

I'd like to see a video clip of Derek's approach to fans. I also include them in my manipulation act. Although I would never copy his style or method exactly, I wouldn't mind being enlightened on a potentially new and different approach. If it's my cup of tea, I'd tailor it to my character and skill level. And, as I do with anyone's brain child, I'd always give credit where due.

In an ideal world that's the proper attitude to have in a situation such as this. Since that world doesn't exist most of the time, be prepared for the opposite reaction and treatment from the magic community.
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
Wmhegbli-

If you go to Tokyo next summer in late August, look me up!

When I said I had created a method for producing fans, I said it not to attract attention, but only to say that there is more then one way to do it.

Derek Merdinyan
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Forgot to mention that Jonathan Townsend started a really hot topic on routine/idea ownership and respecting one's ideas.

Thread is here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......7&16
cupmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of cupmagic
It would be cool if I m able to get to Japan next summer.. But I believe that many japanese magician is obsesse with fan production rite..is there any instructional book/video in this kind of production in Japan.

Thanks !!

Quote:
On 2005-08-11 19:35, DerekMerdinyan wrote:
Wmhegbli-

If you go to Tokyo next summer in late August, look me up!

When I said I had created a method for producing fans, I said it not to attract attention, but only to say that there is more then one way to do it.

Derek Merdinyan

Silver_Fang
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio
282 Posts

Profile of Silver_Fang
This book is now available through bookstores such as barnes and nobles
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksea......Pid=9481
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22450 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The reason this has been re-published in paperback is because it was registered with the library of congress when 1st published. I hope many magicians purchase this book, you will learn more then just great routines, but how to structure an act and what an act should consist of for a great performance.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Does any body knows how to do fan manipulation... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL